F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Any single dads on here? Need to vent!
proTUNING Freaks

06-10-2021, 10:28 AM   #45
Grant_7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Caterham 420R. Tesla Model 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
None. Never spent a night in hospital for myself in my life (except of course when I was born as in my day mums stayed about 5 days!)

No ops, no breaks, no nothing - yet.....
You're not missing out!
F31 340i | GS with CR & Ash Grain Trim | M Sport+ Pack | Prof Media Plus Pack | Interior Comfort Pack | Leather Dash | Folding Mirrors | Pano Roof | Elec Mem Seats with Lumbar | Adaptive Suspension | Comfort Access | Reverse Cam | Surround View | SLD | Rear Sunblinds | Folding Headrests | Model Designation Delete | Trim Designation Delete | MPPSK
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 10:56 AM   #46
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant_7 View Post
You're not missing out!
Done my fair share of staying for others - daughter with kidney failure at 13, wife with a whole fistful of failures a few years ago. Not my idea of fun and I never want to have to do it again....!
Appreciate 2
Rbrown2764.50
Grant_72020.50
      06-11-2021, 12:38 AM   #47
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Wait, the cast is coming off in a week but you cannot drive for six? You would be uninsured? On whose authority? Sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I've been out of the UK for over 20 years.

Over here I broke my hand in 2013 in a freak household accident. My hand was in a cast for about 3-4 weeks I think, maybe less. The only time not driving was mentioned was in regard to painkillers.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 02:31 AM   #48
mcscoobs
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
Wait, the cast is coming off in a week but you cannot drive for six? You would be uninsured? On whose authority? Sorry if these sound like stupid questions but I've been out of the UK for over 20 years.

Over here I broke my hand in 2013 in a freak household accident. My hand was in a cast for about 3-4 weeks I think, maybe less. The only time not driving was mentioned was in regard to painkillers.
That's just what my surgeon said - in case I got a sudden burst of pain when then impacted my driving
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 07:03 PM   #49
mcscoobs
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 335d xDrive

iUpdate for those (if any!) that are interested...

I had my boys this weekend. Felt guilty that I couldn't do much, but my gf, parents and sister all mucked in and made it happen.. so glad I did! I have them the next 3 weekends on the trot now too.

Interestingly, in my initial post, I mentioned the ex had a hotel booked? Turns out the email "booking confirmation" she screenshotted me, was fake. It was of her friends hotel booking for a different day. There was no hotel booking, no theatre tickets. She spent all weekend at home... Wtf? Why go to all that effort?

In ways I'm even more glad I had my boys... think they are better off with me with one hand than they are with a Mum like that!

Our court order states we share the journeys on my weekends. She's point blank refused to to do both journeys for the next 3 weeks until I can drive again, because she couldn't care less if the boys see me or not. Lovely woman eh?

When she got home with the boys on Sunday night, she put up a selfie with them on Instagram, saying how much she missed them and hates being away from them.... cue all the "you're such an amazing mum" comments from her friends. Talk about being a mum for show... she's had them for ONE weekend out of 7, as she'd rather go out drinking with her mates on her weekends.... Words escape me...
Appreciate 12
Rathian153.50
RhysoTDI180.50
strike4A513.00
isleaiw18754.50
SuperHamz742.00
KRS_SN13483.50
Armaan714.50
Rbrown2764.50
F20MAW73874.50
MY340i719.50
      06-15-2021, 03:25 AM   #50
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

As you say, you are glad you had them. Ignore IG and FB, everyone knows they are no way a reflection of the truth (including all the friends who posted as their's will be the same, she no doubt tells them how hard it is being a single mum...)

A good friend had similar issues a good few years ago when his wife split with him. Funnily enough he sees much more of his now grown up kids than his ex does and apparently she doesnt understand why....
Appreciate 2
mcscoobs169.00
RhysoTDI180.50
      06-15-2021, 07:08 AM   #51
KRS_SN
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: IX,G07

Garage List
2020 X7  [10.00]
X5  [8.50]
IX  [8.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcscoobs View Post

I had my boys this weekend. Felt guilty that I couldn't do much, but my gf, parents and sister all mucked in and made it happen.. so glad I did! I have them the next 3 weekends on the trot now too.

Interestingly, in my initial post, I mentioned the ex had a hotel booked? Turns out the email "booking confirmation" she screenshotted me, was fake. It was of her friends hotel booking for a different day. There was no hotel booking, no theatre tickets. She spent all weekend at home... Wtf? Why go to all that effort?

In ways I'm even more glad I had my boys... think they are better off with me with one hand than they are with a Mum like that!

Our court order states we share the journeys on my weekends. She's point blank refused to to do both journeys for the next 3 weeks until I can drive again, because she couldn't care less if the boys see me or not. Lovely woman eh?

When she got home with the boys on Sunday night, she put up a selfie with them on Instagram, saying how much she missed them and hates being away from them.... cue all the "you're such an amazing mum" comments from her friends. Talk about being a mum for show... she's had them for ONE weekend out of 7, as she'd rather go out drinking with her mates on her weekends.... Words escape me...
her sole aim in all of this seems to be to pile more misery on you when you are already miserable for medical reasons.
The only silver lining is that you are you and she is 'she' and she has to live with 'she' all life and you dont.
Appreciate 2
mcscoobs169.00
RhysoTDI180.50
      06-15-2021, 07:48 AM   #52
SuperHamz
Major
Rep
Drives: F31 328i M Sport

Ultimately, your kids are benefiting from spending time with their father - isn't the that complaint of most separated families is that their dad's have gone awol?

This sacrifice on your part is going to be completely worth it.
      06-15-2021, 01:59 PM   #53
Rbrown
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Sounds like a nightmare.

How is the hand feeling? If you need to take your bandages off, best to put the hand in water when you get to the blue gauze bandages covering your stitches. It will float off.

I found that out after I pulled the blue stuff off.....wasn't pleasant!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-15-2021, 02:41 PM   #54
M33DLO
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F31 340i MPPSK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcscoobs View Post

Oooff...! Now that is properly taking the biscuit. !
She actually spent the whole time at home in the end!?!
And then the Insta selfie.. Ohh my, I'd have to calm myself down lots after seeing that.
Appreciate 1
mcscoobs169.00