F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Problem F33 (Convertible) Folding Mirrors with Comfort Access
Studio RSR

03-21-2018, 07:01 AM   #1
AidyBee
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 430 Convertible

Problem F33 (Convertible) Folding Mirrors with Comfort Access

Hi Guys,

New to the forum and just got myself up and started coding. I'm having an issue coding folding mirrors on remote and comfort access. Previously the car was allowing me to fold and unfold by comfort access handle and to fold by remote while standing within the range of the comfort access (ie. next to the door handle!)

When I follow the cheat sheets I can code all the parameters required to enable cfolding and unfolding by remote and comfort access except the last one. There are two duplicate copies of: ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN - the first one cannot be edited and is set to not active. the second, which can be changed, is set to active.

I've found several old posts on this issue but neither seems to help.

POST_1

POST_2

Previously, the car would fold mirrors by handle and remote while I was standing next to the door (ie. within range of comfort access) and would do the same for unfold.

I can now get it to unfold mirrors with long range remote and by handle (all good) but folding mirrors now only works with remote while I am standing within range of comfort access. Folding by handle has stopped working.

I am using Esys Launcher Premium 2.8.0.143 while waiting to get activation codes for v3 Pro and am using v63.3 pzdata.

Please can anyone shed any light on this or help me to get it sorted?

thanks...

Adrian.

Last edited by AidyBee; 03-21-2018 at 01:52 PM.. Reason: I got the Chassis wrong - I have an F33 not an F32 - Doh.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 09:27 AM   #2
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

KOMFORT_SCHLIESSEN from 0F (1,5S) to 1 (0,1s) and the mirrors will fold immediately.

ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN looks the same to me, but I have not changed anything there.
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2018, 11:23 AM   #3
AidyBee
United Kingdom
Rep

Thanks atzebmw - I know about the time delay; I'm not worried about that. I'm trying to get the car to fold mirrors if I press lock on the keyfob for longer than 1.5 sec (standard delay) OR if I hold the lock portion of the door handle for longer than 1.5 sec.

Cheat codes I have seen on this say that I need to set:

FEM_BODY | 3053 | KOMFORTOEFFNUNG_FB to aktiv (unfold mirrors on Keyfob)
FEM_BODY | 3053 | KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_FB to aktiv (fold mirrors on keyfob)
FEM_BODY | 3110 | ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN to aktiv (unfold mirrors on key or CA)
FEM_BODY | 3110 | ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN to aktiv (fold mirrors on key or CA)

I have coded the first 3 but the last one will not code as there are two duplicate entries for ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN - one that can be edited and is set, and one that cannot be edited and is permanently set to nicht_aktiv.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2018, 05:07 PM   #4
AidyBee
United Kingdom
Rep

Just to close this out, all working having added an FDL that isnt mentioned in most descriptions on how to implement folding mirrors.

My F33 at least requied FEM_BODY | 3053 | KOMFORTSCHLIESSUNG_PA to AKTIV.

For the record and to help others, I found the last piece of the puzzle here:

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1241750
Appreciate 0
      05-03-2019, 05:16 AM   #5
contracts34
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 4 Series F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by AidyBee View Post
Just to close this out, all working having added an FDL that isnt mentioned in most descriptions on how to implement folding mirrors.

Hi, just picking up on the old post. I too have the F33 and been trying all coding options to allow the fold/unfold option from my key fob. I cannot get this to work unless I disable the switch for my roof which I obviously don't want to do. Does your roof still operate as it should?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2019, 12:05 PM   #6
jrbuzaid
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Convertible F33

Quote:

Quote:

I have a f33 also, I have been looking for this from a while..... tomorrow I will test it :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2019, 11:27 PM   #7
jrbuzaid
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Convertible F33

I tried everything, nothing works :-(
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2019, 12:17 PM   #8
yasdin
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 428i Convertible

Hi,

Has anyone had any success at programming the F33 convertible 4 series for the mirror folding to work? I have followed all available guides and have changed numerous settings (including the below) to active but none seem to work. Any suggesstions?

FEM_BODY | 3110 | ASP_AUSKLAPPEN_NACH_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN to aktiv (unfold mirrors on key or CA)
FEM_BODY | 3110 | ASP_BEIKLAPPEN_BEI_KOMFORTSCHLIESSEN to aktiv (fold mirrors on key or CA)
Appreciate 0
      01-14-2020, 12:14 PM   #9
FacelessBimmerDriver
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i F33 cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by yasdin View Post
Hi,

Has anyone had any success at programming the F33 convertible 4 series for the mirror folding to work? I have followed all available guides and have changed numerous settings (including the below) to active but none seem to work. Any suggesstions?

The only way I was able to fold my mirrors on my convertible with the fob was to code it just as if it was not convertible and then use code FA_CABRIO_VERDECK_MODUL Nicht_Aktiv to tell the car its not a convertible. I think its because the mirror movement is somehow tied to the sun roof which we do not have. The only down side to having folding mirrors on my convertible now (which is used EVERY time i get in and out of the car) is that i have to manually take down all the windows before the top down switch in the center console works to open the convertible. To me having one extra step to drop the top (once in a while on a nice day) is worth it to have my mirrors fold in (every time i get out in a parking lot).
Appreciate 1
Poochie9104.50
      03-14-2020, 02:26 PM   #10
luckstr
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: White BMW440i Hardtop Converti

Quote:
Originally Posted by yasdin View Post
Hi,

Yes, but I had this coding done remotely by Steve @ Codemybimmer. I have to be careful of when the top is down and I want to lock car ( which I rarely do because I do not want to leave car with top down) or unlock with top down and mirrors folded, is NOT to hold CA (handle) or fob for the 2-3 seconds it takes to unfold mirrors because this also unlatches top mechanism. So what my routine is for when I leave the car with top down (I have done this maybe 5 times over 3 1/2 years) is NOT to fold mirrors at all.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 03:00 PM   #11
Garryd1
Rep
Drives: F33

Anyone ever get this working properly with out losing the functionality of the centre button?
Appreciate 0