F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Experience with 10.25" android 7.1 HU's
proTUNING Freaks

06-17-2019, 01:35 AM   #2311
Svenson
Private
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonius2018 View Post
I think it's a list of map apps so that the sound of these apps is routed to the loudspeaker that is situated close to the steering column, so that we keep listening to the map app instructions even if we are on the original car side.
I use TomTom as Map app, so I added the name of the App to this list and I got the result I mentioned.
Very nice, i wanted that.
I also use tomtom. Will test it soon.
thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 01:43 AM   #2312
haxx94
Rep
Drives: BMW 320d f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
The new Android 8.1 Update from May 2019 has already Brightness Controll integrated into the eventcenter.apk

sincerely Chri
But I have the older px3 version, with android 7.1...

However I tried the shell commands but doesn't work..
If I try with this code:

am broadcast -a com.android.quicksetting.BROADCAST --es msg "backlight"

I get security exception: permission denial, so I tried to run this:

su am broadcast -a com.android.quicksetting.BROADCAST --es msg "backlight"

Now it asked me root permission and i granted, but the shell say to me this:

tmp-mksh: broadcast: not found
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 01:50 AM   #2313
cederron
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW F33

Quote:
Originally Posted by laviniu View Post
I've been using a BMW F30 Ugode android unit (7.1) for almost a year and it's been working fine but recently it started to get errors like in the attached picture. Sometimes it shows 'No Signal' but usually it's a graphic error like the picture. It seems to happen a lot if I start Waze to quickly after it boots but it also happens randomly every day.

The BMW iDrive part works perfectly when I switch and even the Android side works because I can hear the music, change it, I hear Waze instructions. If I turn off and on the ignition it works again. Any idea how to fix this? Any way to reboot the system without turning off the ignition switch?

I have the same.
In my case it seems like a heat issue, now the temperatures are rising i can barely use it for 5-10 minutes. If i left the car parked outside in the sun screen does this after a few seconds of turning on.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 02:11 AM   #2314
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 5 series E60, Mercedes S

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxx94 View Post

If I try with this code:

Either execute su first or do su -c am broadcast -a com.android.quicksetting.BROADCAST --es msg "backlight"
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 03:09 AM   #2315
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by RuLzgzF30 View Post
Greetings to all, my name is Raúl I write from Spain, I read you for a long time since you do a great job. In order not to stretch out I'll get to the point, I've installed a 10.25 "PX3 screen and when updating the MCU I converted it from NTB to CIC, so the OEM side does not work for me, could someone please provide this file?

012042bJLY-nbt-hw7- 180719 [B1280_170325]

Thanks!
Good morning, someone who can help me with the mcuupdate.bin file of JLY for NBT ??
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 03:16 AM   #2316
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Good morning, someone who can help me with the mcuupdate.bin file of JLY for NBT ??
I'd like to have it as well to patch the auto dimming ;-) Maybe somebody who owns one can ask the seller for an update.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 06:16 AM   #2317
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

The seller is RUISO, I've written to them, but I do not know who the manufacturer JLY is so I can not write directly to them. @_FRED_ What I have seen that JLY CIC already made the modification, in fact to try to update my unit I put that firmware and that is when I changed the system ...

Last edited by RuLzgzF30; 06-17-2019 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 06:17 AM   #2318
ulysse31
France
Rep
Drives: BMW e87 120d

Quote:
Originally Posted by __fred__ View Post
That's some good hacking skills, congrats ;-)

Hi all,

A little update for those who, like me, would try to upgrade their original screen "flap screen" to an Android screen on a bmw, and then discover that they cannot use the idrive on the original BMW menu :

https://github.com/ulysse31/CID_Faker

You'll find there the necessary little code and the schematics to build a little arduino device that will simulate the CID presence on the car CAN bus network.
Sorry @__fred__ , I really do not have the skill for now to decompile that pascal compiled mcu firmware, so I built this "workaround", which is more in my skills ^^'
The code is quite simple : it is short (less than 100 lines) and the algorithm is basic : it simply loops on a timed event table that sends the messages according the value asked ...
What took me time was getting some material (ferric chloride, double sided pcb, laser printer, etc ...) that I was "out of stock" to build a tiny pcb for less space usage inside the car ^^'
If someone wants to integrate that code to a CCC MCU firmware, feel free ^^ just tell me I would be happy to test and try

Cheers all,

--
Ulysse31

Last edited by ulysse31; 06-17-2019 at 06:37 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:23 AM   #2319
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Would there be possibility to install an entire MCU for GS NBT for example? since I see that they take more updates than JLY and also solve my problem ...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 07:49 AM   #2320
nomorebigideas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive20d SE (2011)

Quote:
Originally Posted by haxx94 View Post

If I try with this code:

How'd you get on with this? Would love to know how difficult it is to signal intents? Must say I'm waiting for the man of the hour @_fred_ to configure his EventCenter.apk before going anywhere near this!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:11 AM   #2321
antonius2018
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW F32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kri View Post
The new Android 8.1 Update from May 2019 has already Brightness Controll integrated into the eventcenter.apk

sincerely Chri

I confirmed it in the worst way.

When I moved the slider all way to the left (0 value), the screen got totally black and it was to late to alter the position.

Restarting doesn't solve and even the original car is totaly black (although the sound for example works fine).

I though restarting the unit with a pen with a OEM directory and factory.xml in but I don’t see there any tag that establishes the brightness.
Probably inside the internal memory there is a fatory.xml with this setting.

Does anyone knows what is the name of this tag or has any ideias about how to solve this?

In last instance I will reinstall the px6 file but I didn’t want to do it as I had to reinstall all the software again.

Any help will be appreciated.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:45 AM   #2322
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Something similar happened to me and I reestablished it by intuition until I moved the brightness bar ...
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 08:57 AM   #2323
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonius2018 View Post
I confirmed it in the worst way.

When I moved the slider all way to the left (0 value), the screen got totally black and it was to late to alter the position.

Restarting doesn't solve and even the original car is totaly black (although the sound for example works fine).

I though restarting the unit with a pen with a OEM directory and factory.xml in but I don’t see there any tag that establishes the brightness.
Probably inside the internal memory there is a fatory.xml with this setting.

Does anyone knows what is the name of this tag or has any ideias about how to solve this?

In last instance I will reinstall the px6 file but I didn’t want to do it as I had to reinstall all the software again.

Any help will be appreciated.
If you have enabled developer options in the android part, you could try sending the Intent when connected with adb through an USB cable. But you must have enabled USB debugging and developer options earlier.

Best option would be to try and press the button in the notification area. Don't know if it's the same in the Android 8 firmware, but sliding down from the top of the screen will open the notification area. Then one of the buttons is the brightness toggle.

I will take a picture of this screen when I'm in the car, so you can use it as reference.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 09:38 AM   #2324
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomorebigideas View Post
How'd you get on with this? Would love to know how difficult it is to signal intents? Must say I'm waiting for the man of the hour @_fred_ to configure his EventCenter.apk before going anywhere near this!
I've patched eventcenter. I will test it in the next few days and write a tutorial for tasker or lumen to connect it to sunset and sunrise.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 09:49 AM   #2325
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
The seller is RUISO, I've written to them, but I do not know who the manufacturer JLY is so I can write directly to them. @_FRED_ What I have seen that JLY CIC already made the modification, in fact to try to update my unit I put that firmware and that is when I changed the system ...
I'm sorry to hear that and I think it's stupid that the designers make it possible to cross flash those units to CCC, CIC, NBT. I've added a warning to the MCU repository and a reference to the wiki.

https://github.com/chinesebmwheaduni...i/Software#mcu
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:03 AM   #2326
__fred__
Private First Class
Netherlands
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulysse31 View Post
Hi all,

A little update for those who, like me, would try to upgrade their original screen "flap screen" to an Android screen on a bmw, and then discover that they cannot use the idrive on the original BMW menu :

https://github.com/ulysse31/CID_Faker

You'll find there the necessary little code and the schematics to build a little arduino device that will simulate the CID presence on the car CAN bus network.
Sorry @__fred__ , I really do not have the skill for now to decompile that pascal compiled mcu firmware, so I built this "workaround", which is more in my skills ^^'
The code is quite simple : it is short (less than 100 lines) and the algorithm is basic : it simply loops on a timed event table that sends the messages according the value asked ...
What took me time was getting some material (ferric chloride, double sided pcb, laser printer, etc ...) that I was "out of stock" to build a tiny pcb for less space usage inside the car ^^'
If someone wants to integrate that code to a CCC MCU firmware, feel free ^^ just tell me I would be happy to test and try

Cheers all,

--
Ulysse31
I'd like to give it a try ;-)

I've got a question though. On which bus do I write the packets? On the bus that is connected to the car? Or on the bus to the original radio? Where do these signals need to turn up. And could you post your firmware image or firmware string. If I don't have a firmware for your unit, there is no chance that I can patch it right now.

Last edited by __fred__; 06-17-2019 at 10:09 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:07 AM   #2327
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that and I think it's stupid that the designers make it possible to cross flash those units to CCC, CIC, NBT. I've added a warning to the MCU repository and a reference to the wiki.

https://github.com/chinesebmwheaduni...i/Software#mcu
The truth is that due to ignorance I thought it could be done, but if you have an NBT system and a CIC or CCC is installed, the OEM part stops working ...

Now I'm like crazy trying to get that file or know who is the manufacturer of JLY to write to them.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 10:30 AM   #2328
ulysse31
France
Rep
Drives: BMW e87 120d

Quote:
I'd like to give it a try ;-)

I've got a question though. On which bus do I write the packets? On the bus that is connected to the car? Or on the bus to the original radio? Where do these signals need to turn up. And could you post your firmware image or firmware string. If I don't have a firmware for your unit, there is no chance that I can patch it right now.
Hello !

Well I would suppose that only the CCC controller would need those packets, so at least in a first time, I would send it to the "original radio" (which, in my case, is a GPS business CCC controller) at least for on a first time, if it does not work as it should, on both.
For the firmware, I think I've already sent you one, but I can still send it to you again (not at home right now, so will send again later on).

Thanks a lot for your work ^^

Cheers,

--
Ulysse31
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 11:25 AM   #2329
RuLzgzF30
Enlisted Member
Spain
Rep

How can the MCU file be copy from the screen? what is the location of the .bin files?

Last edited by RuLzgzF30; 06-17-2019 at 11:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 11:33 AM   #2330
antonius2018
Private
Rep

Quote:
Something similar happened to me and I reestablished it by intuition until I moved the brightness bar ...
Yes, I also tried "in the dark" but with no success.
I'm going to reinstall.
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 11:44 AM   #2331
nomorebigideas
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 xDrive20d SE (2011)

Quote:
I've patched eventcenter. I will test it in the next few days and write a tutorial for tasker or lumen to connect it to sunset and sunrise.
HERO!
Appreciate 0
      06-17-2019, 11:45 AM   #2332
antonius2018
Private
Rep

Quote:
If you have enabled developer options in the android part, you could try sending the Intent when connected with adb through an USB cable. But you must have enabled USB debugging and developer options earlier.

Best option would be to try and press the button in the notification area. Don't know if it's the same in the Android 8 firmware, but sliding down from the top of the screen will open the notification area. Then one of the buttons is the brightness toggle.

I will take a picture of this screen when I'm in the car, so you can use it as reference.
Thanks. I'm to get to that slidder control you mention, as I got about 30 seconds before the unit goes dark, but it doesn't change brightness, I think it's only on the camera section of system settings.

By the way, I just got a new update for PX6 ID7 Android 8.1 from AVIN, so I'll have to reinstall everything and I'll be carefull not to do this error again.
Appreciate 0