F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Oil Change Past Due Message - Brand New Car
Studio RSR

07-05-2019, 04:25 PM   #1
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: different makes and models.

Oil Change Past Due Message - Brand New Car

I just leased a new 2019 430i Gran Coupe for my wife and the oil change reminder says it is past due. We had to go out of state to get the car and the dealer is about 3 hours away. We probably should have noticed it before driving off, but my wife drove the car back and I didn't notice it until we were home. I am not able to reset it. I am guessing the car has been sitting on the lot for a while, so the yearly oil change is probably due anyway even though it only has 300 miles on it. Just seeing if anyone had any thoughts on this since many cars sit on the lot for a long time before they are sold, and I have never run into this before or even heard about it happening.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 06:29 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The change interval is 10k miles or 12 months, whichever comes first. With a car that's been on the lot that long I would think the dealer would know enough to reset this, and all the rest, of the time based service items. I guess not. Take advantage of the situation and get your free maintenance agreement oil change.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 08:44 PM   #3
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

This is what the manufacturer calls CBS; Condition Based Service.
Anything the car asks for is included in the service for the duration of the original service contact 3/36?. Ultimately it's like getting a break in oil change that you don't have to pay for. Nice! Even though it's a lease for you, definitely a nice thing for the string of owners after you.
Enjoy the car!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 12:50 PM   #4
RobC2
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: different makes and models.

Got my free oil change and inspections. All set, thanks.
Appreciate 0