F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > VO code retrofitted NBT EVO
GetBMWParts

01-31-2024, 11:58 AM   #1
adamickibartek
Registered
Rep
Drives: F31 320d

VO code retrofitted NBT EVO

Hi guys,
I bought an NBT EVO at the end of last year to replace my NBT so I could have Apple Carplay and a newer look.
So far everything has worked and it all fits but the "configuration" is not quite right yet. I have the checkbox for ambient light which I don't have at all and the popup for the collision warning doesn't come up at which I had before.

Now, of course, it would be easiest to simply code the head unit VO, wouldn't it? Because my FA codes were not changed by the conversion, so everything should be correct again, right?
I'm just afraid to just try it because the head unit was retrofitted and there's something about VIN numbers etc. which maybe could cause problems. The headunit came plug and play from the coder (he won't customize it for me) so I don't have an emulator for the VIN or anything else. I'm also afraid that if I code the head unit VO that Carplay will no longer work because the FSC is gone and because I don't even have the FA code for Carplay in it and also now I have a different display which might cause problems?

Thanks in advance for your help guys and best regards!
Appreciate 0