F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Clunk , click , pop noise front suspension bmw f30 328i 2016
ARMA SPEED

05-22-2022, 07:36 PM   #1
Yrad119
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

Clunk , click , pop noise front suspension bmw f30 328i 2016

Hi everyone!!

I have annoying issue with my car , front suspension making clunk noise I feel it came from both sides , when I want to get out of parking it making noise, I changed steering rack, end sway link, bliston b14 coilover, new struts mount, new bolt like I mean every single things you think I replaced but it still making noise only when I turning steering all the way right or left, I recorded quick video , wonder if anyone had or have same issue please let me know!

Last edited by Yrad119; 05-22-2022 at 08:15 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 08:04 AM   #2
_ObiJon
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 428i xDrive

It sounds like the coil is binding and releasing. A Torrington (thrust) bearing on the bottom may help.

https://www.mcmaster.com/needle-bear...rust-bearings/

FYI, you would also need two washers to sandwich the bearing.
Appreciate 0
      05-23-2022, 11:18 PM   #3
Yrad119
Rep
Drives: BMW f30

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ObiJon View Post
It sounds like the coil is binding and releasing. A Torrington (thrust) bearing on the bottom may help.

Thanks for your response , can you please explain to me how this things are working? Sorry I really don’t understand, there is plenty thing available on that website

Update:

I just did some research but I’m not sure ! I just bought this coilover about years ago and it looks like needle roller is going inside the coil so what do you think ? Should I send them back ? When I’m jacking up the car noise is going away , like nothing , clunk is coming only when car is on the ground and in low speed like when I want to get out of parking and turning steering all the way left or right making that clunk noise.

Last edited by Yrad119; 05-23-2022 at 11:36 PM.. Reason: Add more information
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2022, 12:20 AM   #4
Vinnief96
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 bmw 328xi 2015 335xi m sp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yrad119 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by _ObiJon View Post

Thanks for your response , can you please explain to me how this things are working? Sorry I really don’t understand, there is plenty thing available on that website

Update:

I just did some research but I’m not sure ! I just bought this coilover about years ago and it looks like needle roller is going inside the coil so what do you think ? Should I send them back ? When I’m jacking up the car noise is going away , like nothing , clunk is coming only when car is on the ground and in low speed like when I want to get out of parking and turning steering all the way left or right making that clunk noise.
Same issue as you. Did you figure it out? Hoping when I get new coilovers, and new top hat the noise will go away