F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Finally starting with power modifications! Help me!
Extreme Powerhouse

08-08-2017, 12:59 PM   #23
isingh88
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i M sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiquidMercury View Post
Wouldn't bother with the intake personally, but if you're going to run a JB4 on Map 2, it's highly recommended to upgrade your CP (charge pipe) and FMIC (front mounted intercooler). You may wish to throw in a new downpipe and exhaust too.

Have fun and enjoy!
Question I got a JB4 that I ordered I also will have a cat back exhaust Borla besides the charge pipe and the intake cooler which I'll be ordering before I install the JB4 is there anything else that I need to run map2 I just don't want to have any problems and spend more money at mechanic shops sense I'll be definitely be out of warranty with these mods?
Appreciate 0
      08-08-2017, 01:00 PM   #24
LiquidMercury
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 F30

The only things I'd replace are what you're already doing (ie. CP and FMIC), so anything else is just vehicular icing, lol. Just put the highest octane gas into your tank is my recommendation once running on map 2.
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2017, 10:28 PM   #25
tzlopez13
Ya Boi
Rep
Drives: "Rising Sun" F30 335i

Hey all! So I have ordered the VRSF Chargepipe and FMIC! I'm so excited
In terms of tuning, I think for now I'm going to keep to JB4 until I'm ready to move into the more advanced side of tuning. I think it'll keep a smile on my face for now! I'll update you guys with some pictures of the parts and maybe a little review out of the box. When everything comes together, I'll try to get some time on the dyno and print out some numbers for everyone.
Speaking of which, I need a good shop to go to! I'm in the OC/Fullerton area.
I need a place to install my CP, FMIC, and maybe the JB4.
I also need a solid place to get some dyno time and find out what numbers I'm pumping out.

Thank you all for your support
-M Performance Aero
Instagram: @aka.f30
Appreciate 0
      08-25-2017, 10:06 AM   #26
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzlopez13 View Post
Hey all, it's approaching the time where I'm able to afford all of the things I'm going to need to start adding horsepower to my 2013 F30 335i.

I'll be doing everything over time because money so help me out here:
I was thinking of starting with an Injen Intake, ER Chargepipe, and the JB4.

With the chargepipe, I saw an option to add an extra pipe between the turbo and the intercooler. Being a complete noob, idk wth it's talking about so if someone could educate me in this type of stuff I'd be very grateful
Skip the intake waste of money and hardly any gains. Also skip the so called TIC (turbo to intercooler) pipe it's a waste unless you run 20+ psi.

Get an intercooler instead along with the jb4 and down pipe. Down the road save money and get a flash you won't regret it.
      08-28-2017, 01:08 PM   #27
tzlopez13
Ya Boi
Rep
Drives: "Rising Sun" F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post
Skip the intake waste of money and hardly any gains. Also skip the so called TIC (turbo to intercooler) pipe it's a waste unless you run 20+ psi.

Get an intercooler instead along with the jb4 and down pipe. Down the road save money and get a flash you won't regret it.
Thank you thank you! I've actually decided on a chargepipe and intercooler + jb4. Dp and flash to come.
I'm honestly not planning on running too much boost at moment. But I know that'll change
Appreciate 1
Jadar1752.50
      08-28-2017, 01:28 PM   #28
Jadar
Dejan
Serbia
Rep
Drives: 2018 Audi S3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzlopez13 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadar View Post

Thank you thank you! I've actually decided on a chargepipe and intercooler + jb4. Dp and flash to come.
I'm honestly not planning on running too much boost at moment. But I know that'll change
You'll be very happy once you have a down pipe along with your other mods and a flash tune. It'll be a good spot for power at no sacrifice in drivability.
      09-09-2017, 11:53 AM   #29
bclark
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i M package 6 speed

Hey, checking in because Lopez is running the same car as me and I am also having trouble with where to start. I have 2 years left on my warranty so i'm a little hesitant to go all out right now. I was thinking for my first mod jb4, fmic, or a charge pipe?
Appreciate 0