F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Chargepipe died
proTUNING Freaks

07-05-2019, 09:31 PM   #1
Dgore98
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i Xdrive

Chargepipe died

Hey everyone, so I've been driving a 2015 335i xdrive as a daily for a bit over a year now and the other day my charge pipe finally ended its life after a race. There is now a big hole in the top of it and its in need of replacing. The issue that i'm facing is that I need a new one asap because of work. I decided to order a VRSF charge pipe on Wednesday, the day it died and because they were closed and the 4th was a holiday, I didn't receive an answer until today in the morning when they told me my order was cancelled and was being refunded. The reasoning they gave me was that my card was declined, so I contacted my credit card company and they told me they actually didn't decline the charge so I was interested in what happened. So I gave it another shot cause maybe now that I spoke to my credit card company, maybe it'll go through. I put in another order with VRSF and they declined it again after only 20 minutes passing. Now I was getting stressed and worried that I might not have a working car by Monday. I decided to do one last effort with my debit card because maybe they were having an issue with the credit card. Declined again so now i'm out $1,080 to VRSF. Ive sent them multiple emails, and have tried to contact them through Instagram and have even attempted to private message them through this forum and have received no response. I even managed to find a phone number that I left a message with and still am waiting for a response. I hope they at least refund the money soon because its alreay gone from all of my accounts.

In the end, I went to bimmerworld and ordered an Evolution Racewerks charge pipe with overnight shipping so now i'm waiting for the part to come in. This has all really ruined my experience with VRSF. Since I bought my car I've wanted to buy VRSF parts like a down pipe and charge pipe, but now I wouldn't want to get anything from them. I cant believe how unprofessional they have been through this process. I hope everything can be resolved though. Also I will be updating my post with the Evolution Racewerks charge pipe install because I am stoked about getting it soon.

Thank you for reading my rant!
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 09:48 PM   #2
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport

VRSF is a complete mess and if you spend some time reading through threads on here, you'll see that.

In all fairness though, these guys have lives too and are probably spending the holiday weekend with their families/friends. Not surprising that you didn't get a response and I wouldn't expect that from any company.

ER was an excellent second choice. You will not be disappointed with it.

Welcome to the forum!
      07-05-2019, 09:52 PM   #3
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

So just for clarification, did you order from VRSF directly? Or did you order through x-ph?
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:10 PM   #4
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

The BMS F series chargepipe is very popular as an alternative. Perfect fitment and they always ship fast.
Appreciate 0
      07-05-2019, 10:15 PM   #5
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

He got ER... Why are you guys suggesting different brands?
      07-05-2019, 10:16 PM   #6
Fuel-It!
Banned
Rep
Drives: M4, M5, M2C, X4M, 440i, etc...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdegene View Post
Oh I thought he was still waiting for it like he's having problems again. My bad.
Appreciate 1
Korvo368.00
      07-06-2019, 07:42 AM   #7
Munchi435i
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Alpine White 435i M-sport

Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out if this was ordered directly from VSRF or through x-ph
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 07:47 AM   #8
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
Quote:
I'm just trying to figure out if this was ordered directly from VSRF or through x-ph
That comment wasn't aimed at you, but that's an excellent question!
      07-06-2019, 08:27 AM   #9
Dgore98
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchi435i View Post
So just for clarification, did you order from VRSF directly? Or did you order through x-ph?
I ordered directly from their website. I didn't know anyone else carries their parts.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:29 AM   #10
Dgore98
United_States
Rep

Quote:
VRSF is a complete mess and if you spend some time reading through threads on here, you'll see that.

In all fairness though, these guys have lives too and are probably spending the holiday weekend with their families/friends. Not surprising that you didn't get a response and I wouldn't expect that from any company.

ER was an excellent second choice. You will not be disappointed with it.

Welcome to the forum!
Thank you for the response! I understand that its the holiday times but if someone is in their office and actively declining my orders then maybe they can give me a reason why lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:30 AM   #11
Dgore98
United_States
Rep

Thanks everyone for the replies! I've never used the forums here and never thought I would get any answers. I really appreciate all the answers though! Ill give an update when they finally refund my money and when I receive the ER charge pipe. I can't wait to get it and install it.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:32 AM   #12
Dgore98
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel-It! View Post
The BMS F series chargepipe is very popular as an alternative. Perfect fitment and they always ship fast.
I completely forgot that BMS carries their own charge pipe haha. I just remember their intakes and jb4.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 08:33 AM   #13
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

In the future, you should order from a vendor like Mike at extremepowerhouse. They'll probably respond faster and get the order out the door faster. Plus, it might be cheaper!
      07-06-2019, 08:37 AM   #14
Dgore98
United_States
Rep

Quote:
In the future, you should order from a vendor like Mike at extremepowerhouse. They'll probably respond faster and get the order out the door faster. Plus, it might be cheaper!
Yeah I need to read up on all the vendors because I'm new to getting parts for my car. ice used ECS before and they've been amazing with customer service but they just didn't carry VRSF and they didn't have the ER in stock. I'll have to look into that one though because I have more parts in mind that I want to get. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 09:19 AM   #15
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgore98 View Post
Quote:
Yeah I need to read up on all the vendors because I'm new to getting parts for my car. ice used ECS before and they've been amazing with customer service but they just didn't carry VRSF and they didn't have the ER in stock. I'll have to look into that one though because I have more parts in mind that I want to get. Thanks!
I've bought plenty of things from Mike. He also has an eBay store. Buy BM3 from him if you decide to. I wasn't able to find a better price.
      07-06-2019, 09:23 AM   #16
Dgore98
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I've bought plenty of things from Mike. He also has an eBay store. Buy BM3 from him if you decide to. I wasn't able to find a better price.
I've heard good things about BM3 but I got MHD stage 1 a few months back. I'm actually planning on going PURE stage 2 at the end of summer and will be talking to Rktunes about a custom tune for my car.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 10:18 AM   #17
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
I've heard good things about BM3 but I got MHD stage 1 a few months back. I'm actually planning on going PURE stage 2 at the end of summer and will be talking to Rktunes about a custom tune for my car.
That's gonna be one fast ride!
      07-06-2019, 01:13 PM   #18
TSA8151
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 F30 335i msport

Quote:
Hey everyone, so I've been driving a 2015 335i xdrive as a daily for a bit over a year now and the other day my charge pipe finally ended its life after a race. There is now a big hole in the top of it and its in need of replacing. The issue that i'm facing is that I need a new one asap because of work. I decided to order a VRSF charge pipe on Wednesday, the day it died and because they were closed and the 4th was a holiday, I didn't receive an answer until today in the morning when they told me my order was cancelled and was being refunded. The reasoning they gave me was that my card was declined, so I contacted my credit card company and they told me they actually didn't decline the charge so I was interested in what happened. So I gave it another shot cause maybe now that I spoke to my credit card company, maybe it'll go through. I put in another order with VRSF and they declined it again after only 20 minutes passing. Now I was getting stressed and worried that I might not have a working car by Monday. I decided to do one last effort with my debit card because maybe they were having an issue with the credit card. Declined again so now i'm out $1,080 to VRSF. Ive sent them multiple emails, and have tried to contact them through Instagram and have even attempted to private message them through this forum and have received no response. I even managed to find a phone number that I left a message with and still am waiting for a response. I hope they at least refund the money soon because its alreay gone from all of my accounts.

In the end, I went to bimmerworld and ordered an Evolution Racewerks charge pipe with overnight shipping so now i'm waiting for the part to come in. This has all really ruined my experience with VRSF. Since I bought my car I've wanted to buy VRSF parts like a down pipe and charge pipe, but now I wouldn't want to get anything from them. I cant believe how unprofessional they have been through this process. I hope everything can be resolved though. Also I will be updating my post with the Evolution Racewerks charge pipe install because I am stoked about getting it soon.

Thank you for reading my rant!
Hope the cp was in stock. ER parts are often made to order.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 02:31 PM   #19
BigJack75
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M5 Dream Car

I bought a VRSF charge pipe and it actually fit. It was a bitch to put in though. Not sure if all brands are hard to install. I think VRSF is a decent brand. Their prices are good. Not sure how much better a more expensive piece of piping could be. Good luck with the install.
      07-06-2019, 02:32 PM   #20
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack10525 View Post
I bought a VRSF charge pipe and it actually fit. It was a bitch to put in though. Not sure if all brands are hard to install. I think VRSF is a decent brand. Their prices are good. Not sure how much better a more expensive piece of piping could be. Good luck with the install.
It's pretty hard to get just about any brand in. The harder part is getting the one piece plastic one out!
      07-06-2019, 02:33 PM   #21
MineralF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

I love VRSF parts, but I hate ordering through their website. My card ALWAYS gets declined and the order gets cancelled, so I just stick to ordering through venders like x-ph, ebay, etc.
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2019, 02:35 PM   #22
Korvo
Respect My Authoritah
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MineralF30 View Post
I love VRSF parts, but I hate ordering through their website. My card ALWAYS gets declined and the order gets cancelled, so I just stick to ordering through venders like x-ph, ebay, etc.
Would they auto decline if they didn't have the parts in stock?