F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Powder coating EC-7 color options
GetBMWParts

05-07-2021, 11:25 AM   #1
parch8
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: %E2%80%9816 340i xdrive alpine

Powder coating EC-7 color options

Has anyone changed the color of their Apex wheels or similar style on their f30? I have hyper silver ec-7s on my alpine white f30 and I'm looking to powder coat them, I have been debating what color to change to, want something darker but I feel a gloss black is too common and will make the design harder to see. So I've been debating between satin black, maybe some darker bronze or I even debated trying to match like a Mag Blue powder coat to them as well. But wanted to see what some have done to their wheels and how it looked!
Appreciate 1
paulymu62.50
      05-07-2021, 11:54 AM   #2
Runner340
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F30 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by parch8 View Post
Has anyone changed the color of their Apex wheels or similar style on their f30? I have hyper silver ec-7s on my alpine white f30 and I'm looking to powder coat them, I have been debating what color to change to, want something darker but I feel a gloss black is too common and will make the design harder to see. So I've been debating between satin black, maybe some darker bronze or I even debated trying to match like a Mag Blue powder coat to them as well. But wanted to see what some have done to their wheels and how it looked!
Went through the same debate with myself on colors but ended up having my Hyper Silver Apex Arc-8's powder coated gloss black.

Appreciate 1
paulymu62.50
      05-07-2021, 12:47 PM   #3
parch8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner340 View Post
Quote:
Went through the same debate with myself on colors but ended up having my Hyper Silver Apex Arc-8's powder coated gloss black.

Wow that came out awesome thanks for sharing! Looks amazing with the mineral grey super jealous! Yea i like the hyper silver look but tbh it gets way too dirty within a day of driving around here so I want something a bit darker Really liking black, I did some spray on vinyl wrap in dark bronze and it came out pretty good but I can't find a paint code for a bronze dark and metalic enough for my liking so seems to be black in gloss or satin or the Mag Blue is a bit risky but I feel like it's different so it might come out good. Here's a photo of my car with the wheels silver and then when I had them vinyl wrapped (product peeled off in two week it was awful)
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
paulymu62.50
      05-08-2021, 08:17 AM   #4
BimR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 328

So I have black wheels (professionally painted) but I must say those wheels look great as is. I think black would diminish their look. I know they get dirty easily but dang...on the white... they look great!
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 10:05 AM   #5
parch8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimR View Post
So I have black wheels (professionally painted) but I must say those wheels look great as is. I think black would diminish their look. I know they get dirty easily but dang...on the white... they look great!
Are you referring to the bronze or the silver? They were bronze only for a couple weeks before the product came off so now they are back to the silver And they do look good I just can't keep up the keeping them as clean as they deserve in silver sadly
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:07 PM   #6
BimR
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 328

Quote:
Quote:
Are you referring to the bronze or the silver? They were bronze only for a couple weeks before the product came off so now they are back to the silver And they do look good I just can't keep up the keeping them as clean as they deserve in silver sadly
Yes I meant the Silver looks great! And I totally understand it's tougher to keep them clean.

I'm not a fan of gold but I have seen some pictures of car with gold wheels and that looks good on a white car. Maybe???
Appreciate 0
      05-08-2021, 03:51 PM   #7
parch8
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes I meant the Silver looks great! And I totally understand it's tougher to keep them clean.

I'm not a fan of gold but I have seen some pictures of car with gold wheels and that looks good on a white car. Maybe???
Yea I'm not huge on gold personally bronze was a bit more manageable than gold which is. A big much for my car.
Appreciate 0