F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
GetBMWParts

03-22-2019, 05:26 PM   #177
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: iX 40

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Thomas340

As promised, please check your email - as you requested > special,custom Stage for you:

- TQ is limited to prevent torque intervention from 8HP - 540 NM up to 5000 RPM
- target 440 HP

Please download the file from the link to the folder on your device MGFlasher\Maps and flash the car using "custom" button located in the flash\main screen

If you can perform logs in the format provided by email would be great!
Please share your feedback![/QUOTE]
I asked this question regarding detuning the torque in stage 2 to 550NM way back. I think you misunderstood my question.

Now that I have the tune can you please send me the custom map too? Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-22-2019, 09:09 PM   #178
Aipx
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Just took out my jb4 today and put stage 2 on my car today and i'm amazed at how much better it feels then the jb4.
It's much more smooth and definitely faster then the jb4. I also noticed with the jb4 it wasn't very consistent as some days it would feel much more sluggish then others.
All I have to say are good things considering how convenient and easy it is to use.

I do have a couple questions/issues.

1. I flashed my car using one of my other phones which I generally leave at my work and bought the license and maps on this phone and when I plugged in my main phone I can't seem to get past the purchase stage. From what I understand it follows the VIN and not the phone so just wondering how do I activate this onto my main phone?

2. There were 2 other options avaliable when I was flashing the car which was "Aggressiveness" and the option below it which said something about OEM-non-MPPSK and during of seconds so I was wondering what do these 2 options do?

Edit:
Looks like after looking at their website I noticed in the additional options of kickdown deactivation so I'm assuming question number 2 relates to this.
I do have a 6MT so I'm assuming this does not affect me?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 08:24 AM   #179
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 M240i SOLD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aipx View Post
Just took out my jb4 today and put stage 2 on my car today and i'm amazed at how much better it feels then the jb4.
It's much more smooth and definitely faster then the jb4. I also noticed with the jb4 it wasn't very consistent as some days it would feel much more sluggish then others.
All I have to say are good things considering how convenient and easy it is to use.

1. I flashed my car using one of my other phones which I generally leave at my work and bought the license and maps on this phone and when I plugged in my main phone I can't seem to get past the purchase stage. From what I understand it follows the VIN and not the phone so just wondering how do I activate this onto my main phone?

2. There were 2 other options avaliable when I was flashing the car which was "Aggressiveness" and the option below it which said something about OEM-non-MPPSK and during of seconds so I was wondering what do these 2 options do?

Edit:
Looks like after looking at their website I noticed in the additional options of kickdown deactivation so I'm assuming question number 2 relates to this.
How does the car feel when shifting fast? My car with JB4 acts lagggy when shifting fast at high rpm. Was hoping this would make it feel more like an NA car.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:15 AM   #180
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

Quote:

Edit:
Aipx

1. Please make sure you are logged on the second device/phone with the same gmail address the car was activated. Synchronize MG Flasher >MY CARS - upper right corner so Flashing License, activated OTS maps will be activated along with car status, coding backup

2. This is Burble option - Sound Tuning
Aggressiveness - adjust how aggressive/loud burble are
Duration Sport -time of burble duration in Sport, Sport Plus modes
Duration Base - time of burble duration in Comfort mode - it does not work in some software revision (we will fix it soon)

Try your adjustment starting with aggressiveness at 30%, leave Duration Sport at "OEM MPPSK exhaust", Duration Base at OEM and play with aggressiveness only.

All depends if your car is equipped with stock exhaust, MPPSK, high flow cat or catless downpipe.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:39 AM   #181
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Quote:

Edit:
Aipx

1. Please make sure you are logged on the second device/phone with the same gmail address the car was activated. Synchronize MG Flasher >MY CARS - upper right corner so Flashing License, activated OTS maps will be activated along with car status, coding backup

Duration Base - time of burble duration in Comfort mode - it does not work in some software revision (we will fix it soon)

Try your adjustment starting with aggressiveness at 30%, leave Duration Sport at "OEM MPPSK exhaust", Duration Base at OEM and play with aggressiveness only.

All depends if your car is equipped with stock exhaust, MPPSK, high flow cat or catless downpipe.
Unrelated question here, but even if in accesory mode and with a battery charger connected while unlocking/flashing, isn't the car set up to shut off accesories after 10 minutes? What do you reccommend?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 09:57 AM   #182
ishowerinjager
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i M Performance Editio

I've searched through the site and I'm a little confused about the suggested transmission tuning. The tuning manual provided only states that it needs to be done not HOW to actually do it. I've a done a little research on the xHP site you provided but they have no tunes available for the b58 as of yet.

Do I have to do a custom transmission tune with xHP? Is it easy? Is there a step by step guide for this?

The closed xHP tuning shop is 2.5 hrs away from me so I'd love to do it myself if possible.
2017 340i M Performance Edition: Fashion Grey, MPPSK, M performance front splitter, rear diffuser, side sills, black grille, CF spoiler, 405M 20s, 8AT, full Marino interior and dash, adaptive suspension

Last edited by ishowerinjager; 03-23-2019 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 02:03 PM   #183
Aipx
Rep
Drives: 2017 340xi

Quote:
Aipx

Thank you for the information.

For my first question however I am logged into the same google account. When I click to buy the license again I get a error from the play store that I have already purchased it.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 05:58 PM   #184
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thank you for the information.

For my first question however I am logged into the same google account. When I click to buy the license again I get a error from the play store that I have already purchased it.
Please copy this message to support@mgflasher.com using your gmail address and your VIN nr
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 07:49 PM   #185
bmc340
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by B58SP View Post
Quote:
Quote:

Edit:
Aipx

Unrelated question here, but even if in accesory mode and with a battery charger connected while unlocking/flashing, isn't the car set up to shut off accesories after 10 minutes? What do you reccommend?
Good question, was wondering the same and would like to know the answer before I unlock/flash tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2019, 08:15 PM   #186
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc340 View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Edit:
Aipx

Good question, was wondering the same and would like to know the answer before I unlock/flash tomorrow
The instruction manual says to plug in the seatbelt, thus prevents car turning off. Worked for me.

I played around with the burble mode and set everything to max, sport was very obnoxious haha. Will need to dial it down. However nothing different in comfort mode so guessing mine will need the update when available.
Appreciate 1
bmc34016.50
      03-24-2019, 10:34 AM   #187
bmc340
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Just installed Stage 1 and went out for a quick spin...wow..huge improvement over stock! I was impressed how easy this was to do, from start to finish was only about 30 mins. Very pleased with the overall experience, highly recommended!
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 12:43 PM   #188
bmw22915
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Still waiting for iOS
Appreciate 1
      03-24-2019, 04:48 PM   #189
B58SP
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw22915 View Post
Still waiting for iOS
Same. Also keeping tabs on MHD's progress.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 07:58 PM   #190
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Quote:
Quote:
Still waiting for iOS
Guys stop waiting

Get this tune, competitive pricing, great responsive vendor, great power and very smooth.
      03-24-2019, 08:04 PM   #191
bmw22915
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Quote:
Originally Posted by David0ff View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Still waiting for iOS
Guys stop waiting

Get this tune, competitive pricing, great responsive vendor, great power and very smooth.
How can I stop waiting for something that isn't available yet?

*waiting for iOS
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2019, 08:20 PM   #192
David0ff
Combined Applications Group
Canada
Rep
Drives: Lada Scrapus Trofeo R

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by David0ff View Post
Quote:
Quote:
Still waiting for iOS
Guys stop waiting

How can I stop waiting for something that isn't available yet?

*waiting for iOS
Inception level of quoting
      03-25-2019, 03:13 AM   #193
BackBlue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46, '13 E70 N63, '19 F33 440

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishowerinjager View Post
I've searched through the site and I'm a little confused about the suggested transmission tuning. The tuning manual provided only states that it needs to be done not HOW to actually do it. I've a done a little research on the xHP site you provided but they have no tunes available for the b58 as of yet.

Do I have to do a custom transmission tune with xHP? Is it easy? Is there a step by step guide for this?

The closed xHP tuning shop is 2.5 hrs away from me so I'd love to do it myself if possible.
Jarek@JRAuto or x5mad Can you please give us some guidance here? xHp doesn't have a trans tune for us yet.
Stage 2 is really the numbers i'm looking for, but for us with the 8HP50 it looks like there's no real option other than stage 1? Is there a custom tune available that runs right up to the torque limiting in the 8HP50 like Thomas340 has (per post #177), or is that just basically the stage 1 tune?

Last edited by BackBlue; 03-25-2019 at 03:22 AM..
Appreciate 1
bmc34016.50
      03-25-2019, 07:34 AM   #194
x5mad
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Garage List
bmw  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by EstorilF33 View Post
Quote:

Jarek@JRAuto or x5mad Can you please give us some guidance here? xHp doesn't have a trans tune for us yet.
Stage 2 is really the numbers i'm looking for, but for us with the 8HP50 it looks like there's no real option other than stage 1? Is there a custom tune available that runs right up to the torque limiting in the 8HP50 like Thomas340 has (per post #177), or is that just basically the stage 1 tune?
It seems that stage 2 power is available but with torque turned down to approx 540Nm. So would basically be a custom map which would need to be requested.

I've yet to try my custom file as there appears to be a glitch with the file. Am waiting on Jarek to send me revised file.
Appreciate 1
BackBlue105.50
      03-25-2019, 10:39 AM   #195
BackBlue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by x5mad View Post
Quote:
Quote:

It seems that stage 2 power is available but with torque turned down to approx 540Nm. So would basically be a custom map which would need to be requested.

I've yet to try my custom file as there appears to be a glitch with the file. Am waiting on Jarek to send me revised file.
Thanks for the info, that's exactly the tune I'd be looking for untill a solid answer to the trans tune is available. . Hopefully they'll get your glitch corrected, keep us updated.

Now I'm just waiting for Jarek@JRAuto to respond to these posts and confirm that same stage 2 custom tune will be available for us with the 8HP50 and I'll be their next happy customer.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 12:29 PM   #196
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the info, that's exactly the tune I'd be looking for untill a solid answer to the trans tune is available. . Hopefully they'll get your glitch corrected, keep us updated.

Now I'm just waiting for Jarek@JRAuto to respond to these posts and confirm that same stage 2 custom tune will be available for us with the 8HP50 and I'll be their next happy customer.
EstorilF33

We developed custom ST2 map and would like to offer it for all B58 users with stock 8HP software which can be requested for no charge after purchase of Flashing License and ST2 OTS map. It can be flashed using custom flash option from the main flashing screen.

ST2 custom with stock 8HP50
- target 460 HP

The option was tested already on our 340i MPPSK on the road and 2 other MG Flasher users with positive feedback so we are confident to offer it to you guys!
Just send me a request with your VIN nr to support@mgflasher.com
Appreciate 5
BackBlue105.50
David0ff1055.00
bmc34016.50
BPAC30689.00
      03-25-2019, 12:32 PM   #197
BackBlue
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

EstorilF33

We developed custom ST2 map and would like to offer it for all B58 users with stock 8HP software which can be requested for no charge after purchase of Flashing License and ST2 OTS map. It can be flashed using custom flash option from the main flashing screen.

- target 460 HP

The option was tested already on our 340i MPPSK on the road and 2 other MG Flasher users with positive feedback so we are confident to offer it to you guys!
Awesome that's what I needed to know, thanks Jarek@JRAuto !
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2019, 01:22 PM   #198
bmc340
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

EstorilF33

- target 460 HP

Email sent!
Appreciate 0