F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 2013 F30 Starter Motor Issues
Extreme Powerhouse

05-24-2019, 11:00 AM   #1
peter lowthian
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2013 bmw 320d f30

2013 F30 Starter Motor Issues

Hi all, first post and sorry its for advice.
I have this issue where sometimes (not always) when i try to start my 2013 uk 320d F30 the battery voltage drops to between 8-9v before the starter turns the engine. I have fitted 2 second hand starters and the problem went away for a short while then came back. I then fitted a brand new starter and the problem went away again for a short while then came back so i then fitted a brand new battery and the problem went away for a while but now the problem is back. I have today cleaned the ground strap the goes between the transmission and the chassis and i still have the problem , does any one on here know where i should find the ground strap from the engine to the chassis as for the life of me i cant find it (not even sure if there should be one to be honest) any help will be much appreciated before i send my lovely car to the man in the garage.Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-12-2022, 03:12 PM   #2
Dojan81
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 320dX-drive 2014

peter lowthian did you manage to fix the problem? Im having the same problem and dont know where to start? The battery is new but the problem remains. Should i check for new grounding strap? New starter? A more powerful starter then OE which is 1.4 kw and there are options for a 2.2kw? Very thanful for any advice!
Appreciate 0