F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Photo, Video, Media Gallery, Journals > paimon.soror Black Sapphire Metallic F36 Build
Studio RSR

01-09-2021, 09:11 PM   #1
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
paimon.soror Black Sapphire Metallic F36 Build

Been a long time coming until I made a post like this, but I enjoy reading about the journey others have taken with their 3/4ers so I figured I'd follow suit. Enjoy the ride!

What I had before the BMW

November 2017
Picking her up

First things first were changing the kidney grills

December 2018
A few VRSF goodies shortly after (got the car in mid Nov 2017, had to wait till xmas to get these installed)

And of course the next logical step is intake right?

The next mod was really trying to tweak some of the aesthetics on the car, so I gave the BMS exhaust tips a shot. They honestly were a great visual mod in my opinion. Unfortunately the color on the dark tips started to fade, but I believe that's a known issue in the community

Building on aesthetics, the next update was replacing the stock diffuser with a replica M Performance

March 2018

After the first winter of enjoying the car, I was dying to do something "big" as the next mod. I wanted a bit more sound, but was not yet ready to touch the downpipe, so I started to debate different exhaust systems. Bouncing between AWE and Remus, I ended up going with the latter

August 2018

Well, that didn't last long... next up, a downpipe to prep for a Stage 2 tune

October 2018

Back on the aesthetics train we go, and the next mod was external mirrors. I swapped over to the euro style mirrors, as well as M "style" mirror caps

Next up came a P3 gauge. Always wanted one and found a great deal so I had to pull the trigger

Finally we are closing out the year with the M style paddles. Not sure if they are legit or replicas, but they have held up without issue so I'm still happy with them

January 2019

As we all know, the XDrive sits a little too high for many people's liking. I have the EDC on my car, so I wasn't ready to go all out on changing the suspension. As a "step" mod, I went with a set of ACS springs

April 2019

Next "big" mod, a set of VMR 801's in Anthracite. Was nervous about how the color was going to look, but I love em! I went with staggered 19's wrapped in Indy 500's. Wheel studs went in at the same time.

May 2019

Next up, carbon wrap in the interior. I was trying to find a good used set of M Performance interior pieces, but they are far and few in between. First time wrapping, and it came out better than I thought.

August 2019

Next up, 30% tint all around. With the bright interior, it really made a huge difference in the way the car looks.

October 2019

Next up was finally completing the intake side of the turbo with a Pure inlet. Went with the full kit so that I didn't have to cut up the existing inlet.

The good news about doing this mod, is that it really build up my courage to do the DV. With the inlet out, it gave me a good perspective of exactly what needed to be done, and made the job somewhat easier than when I attempted it in the past.

July 2020

If there is one bright spot in the year that was 2020, it was that I was able to work from home, which meant that I had a few opportunities to do work on the car that required some downtime. I decided to try something that I had never tried before, WMI. Grabbed a BMS stealth tank, and an AEM boost based progressive kit. Thanks to the VRSF charge pipe, I had two bungs that I was able to tap into easily.

Last edited by paimon.soror; 01-09-2021 at 10:00 PM..
Appreciate 0