F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > failed to get CAF for SWE "swfl_0000f61-001_024_001"
proTUNING Freaks

06-05-2019, 03:52 PM   #23
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 BMW 328i GT xdrive and 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnsparker View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by atzebmw View Post
Quote:
Ok I'm out here trying to flash it again and I'm getting the same error message. I just verified again that it is in the PSdZData folder. The only difference is the xml and the bin being in the middle of the file name.
Sorry, I think I explained something wrong.
The files must remain in their original folder.
The files belong to the folder C:/Data/psdzdata/swe/swfl
Ok. I will put them there. Thank you so much for being so patient with me!
Under swe there were only two folders, cafd and fafp so I created a third folder swfl and placed them there. I will try to flash it when I get back home tonight. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 08:57 PM   #24
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Ok I'm out here trying to flash it again and I'm getting the same error message. I just verified again that it is in the PSdZData folder. The only difference is the xml and the bin being in the middle of the file name.
Under swe there were only two folders, cafd and fafp so I created a third folder swfl and placed them there. I will try to flash it when I get back home tonight. Thank you!
Oh my goodness...I get to the end after it found the software and I hit start processing TAL to flash and I get this error message.
TAL execution started.
VCM update: VCM-Update is deactivated. VCM will not be updated. (C197)
Fatal error while executing tal!
FA must not be null when trying to execute a TAL containing coding transactions.
Asynchrone programming failed! (C049)
FA must not be null when trying to execute a TAL containing coding transactions.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:00 PM   #25
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Oh my goodness...I get to the end after it found the software and I hit start processing TAL to flash and I get this error message.
TAL execution started.
This is a picture of what it said.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      06-05-2019, 09:49 PM   #26
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
TAL execution started.
This is a picture of what it said.
Ok, I googled solutions to my error message and somebody said it worked if after they clicked Read BIN that they went back and checked the button on the far left again. And it worked! I was able to add the cafd files to the ECUs afterwards and now in BimmerCode the roof module shows it's functioning. Yea! But after I coded the alarm to be enabled with sound and volume it says it was coded successfully but my alarm still doesn't work. It's coded though and that's what I was stressing over the most. I will open the car back up to see what seems to be the problem with the alarm itself now.
Thank you so much for helping me through my flashing nightmare! You are awesome!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 12:37 AM   #27
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep
Drives: Tesla Model 3

These are great news.
And no problem, glad I could help.

How did you code the FZD?
Did you do it with E-Sys?
The „302“ is still in the FA?
In E-Sys the FZD looks good?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 12:42 AM   #28
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
These are great news.
And no problem, glad I could help.

How did you code the FZD?
Did you do it with E-Sys?
The „302“ is still in the FA?
I flashed with Esys and added 302 to the FA and added the cafd files for my istep to all of the ECUs. Then I used BimmerCode to go to the roof control module and turn on the audible alarm and adjusted the volume. (Previously BimmerCode said that the roof module was invalid) It coded successfully so there must be something in the wiring that I need to redo or maybe something came undone. I will try tomorrow to take apart the stuff to check it out tomorrow. I'm just so glad that I was finally able to get the coding part done because it's been stressing me out for weeks and weeks. Thank you so much for your help!
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 02:49 AM   #29
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

But I'm wondering.
When you added the cafd and the 302 is in the FA the alarm should be activated.
After you assigned the cafd to the FZD did you code the FZD (hit the button „code“)?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 02:52 AM   #30
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But I'm wondering.
After you assigned the cafd to the FZD did you code the FZD (hit the button „code“)?
Yes I hit the code button and it said that it coded successfully. It says that it's all activated but the clown nose isn't blinking and it doesn't beep. I'm wondering if it's not hooked up properly maybe?
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 02:56 AM   #31
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
But I'm wondering.
You're talking about hitting the code button in BimmerCode, right? I did hit the code button after selecting the options to turn on the alarm. But I added the cafd files in Esys. Is there a button to hit after I select the specific istep cafd and add them to the ECUs? The tutorial said to be safe to add the vehicle specific cafd files to every ECU and not just the one I was hoping to fix (FDZ). I went through one by one and added my current istep cafd files to every single one.
Appreciate 0
      06-06-2019, 03:32 AM   #32
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
You're talking about hitting the code button in BimmerCode, right? I did hit the code button after selecting the options to turn on the alarm. But I added the cafd files in Esys. Is there a button to hit after I select the specific istep cafd and add them to the ECUs?
I mean the Code button in E-Sys.
After you select and add a cafd to an ecu it is very important to code the ecu.
So select a cafd, then OK and then on the right side hit the button „Code“.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2019, 09:09 PM   #33
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
You're talking about hitting the code button in BimmerCode, right? I did hit the code button after selecting the options to turn on the alarm. But I added the cafd files in Esys. Is there a button to hit after I select the specific istep cafd and add them to the ECUs?
I mean the Code button in E-Sys.
After you select and add a cafd to an ecu it is very important to code the ecu.
So select a cafd, then OK and then on the right side hit the button „Code“.
Ok so I finally went back and did this. Lol it wasn't in my instructions but I guess the guy writing the instructions expected me to know that I had to do it. So I went back and just one by one clicked on the green cafd file under each ECU and hit code. It completed each one successfully but after I disconnected and went to BimmerCode and made sure the audible alarm was turned to on, it still doesn't work. 😭
We've has a lot of rain here and I've been on the road with my daughters' travel softball so I haven't had a chance to open my car back up and check all of the wiring that was done a month or so ago. Any more thoughts on what I've done wrong as far as coding goes? Would I have to code anything that didn't have a green dot under the FDZ ECU?
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2019, 02:53 AM   #34
atzebmw
Colonel
Germany
Rep

Quote:
Would I have to code anything that didn't have a green dot under the FDZ ECU?
The 3 ecus FZD, FEM_Body and HU_Entrynav have to be coded when the FA with "302" included was loaded.
So load the FA with "302" from the car or your computer, activate the FA, then mark the 3 ecus (separately or all together) and hit the button "Code".
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-25-2019, 06:37 PM   #35
jarrjenn
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 435i w/M package

Homelink and Compass Gone

After having my car serviced at a local garage, my Homelink will not react to programming and the compass is gone. I have seen lots of reference to the FZD module and INPA and coding and on and on. I am old school, my tool box is full of wrenches and sockets, not a laptop. Can anyone put thus in layman's terms how I can get the functions back I lost without going to the 26 year-old coder at work?

The vehicle is a 2014 435i with M. I suspect the service tech disconnected the battery during the work he did.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2019, 09:06 PM   #36
bnsparker
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Would I have to code anything that didn't have a green dot under the FDZ ECU?
The 3 ecus FZD, FEM_Body and HU_Entrynav have to be coded when the FA with "302" included was loaded.
So load the FA with "302" from the car or your computer, activate the FA, then mark the 3 ecus (separately or all together) and hit the button "Code".
Ok I've had a couple of months of chaos, but finally went back a second time to make sure I followed the steps and did the final code. My alarm still doesn't work. The clown nose doesn't blink when I lock my doors. Ironically my alarm went off a few weeks ago at a softball tournament and nobody was even around. I didn't know it was my alarm going off until a couple of minutes passed and I realized nobody was turning it off...I looked in the parking lot and it was my car. I started hooping and hollering because I was so excited it worked. Unfortunately it never has armed properly and even when I bump my car hard now to try to make it go off it still doesn't work. My sunroof never quit working though even before I coded the ecu.
I also went back and checked the wiring and fuses and it's all still intact. I have no idea why I can't get it to work.
Appreciate 0