F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > 191004 Code- Tank Vent Valve
Studio RSR

03-08-2021, 09:57 PM   #1
S6K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

191004 Code- Tank Vent Valve

I was doing some 4th gear WOT pulls for datalogging and upon letting off WOT heard a small pop and light rattle, almost like when my stock chargepipe blew off. I then had this code appear I think a day later, I'm not sure if the two incidents are related or not. The car seems to be acting and running normal, no limp mode or lack of power etc.

191004: Tank Vent Valve, activation: Line Disconnection

Could this maybe be a hose of the PCV system blowing off from pressure or something when the boost was recirculated back to the intake?

I tried googling this code but didn't get much info, most of the stuff I saw was from e series cars and had a specific part to replace? Has anyone run into this code on the N55 and know what the actual fix would be? Thank you

Car is a 2015 335xi with 83K up to date on maintenance
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2021, 10:29 PM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

http://bmwfault.codes/

Diagnosis monitors the electrical connection between DME and the fuel tank vent valve.
The fault is detected when the current circuit is interrupted during actuation of the fuel tank vent valve.

Possible cause of fault:
- Wiring harness between DME and fuel tank vent valve defective
- Fuel tank vent valve has no power supply
- Fuel tank ventilation valve defective
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2021, 01:57 PM   #3
S6K
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Updating this thread in case anyone has this problem in the future and stumbles upon it.

The actual line that recirculates the vapor disconnected, I believe it was just the boost pressure coming out the intake that popped it off. The connection is the one pictured in this thread linked below, on the driver side of the engine bay right above the chargepipe.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...ghlight=191004

Hope this helps
Appreciate 0