F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2013 F30 Xdrive sedan rims and tires
Studio RSR

12-18-2018, 07:34 AM   #1
Kongomann
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Xdrive sedan

2013 F30 Xdrive sedan rims and tires

Hey everyone, I'm new to BMW and this is my first one. I have the stock rims and tires right now that come with the F30. I'm looking at getting some rims and tires put on it and wanna be sure since im new to this that I can do this. Can I get the same size tires and rims for the format and back or di they have to be offset? I dont wanna lower the vehicle at all but just wanna take up a little bit more space on the wheel well part just so it sits nice and comfy. any information would be great. Thank you
      12-18-2018, 08:42 AM   #2
SunzOut
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: '18 340i and '00 M Coupe

Yes a "square" setup with the same size rims/tires on front and back is common vs the "Staggered" setup where the rear tires/rims and normally wider than the front. If you check the wider tires will have the same diameter (or very close) as the fronts. That's the requirement on modern cars so the traction/stability control does not get confused.

when looking for a square setup, you will normally have corners the same a the current front wheel size.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2018, 09:01 AM   #3
Kongomann
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i Xdrive sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunzOut View Post
Yes a "square" setup with the same size rims/tires on front and back is common vs the "Staggered" setup where the rear tires/rims and normally wider than the front. If you check the wider tires will have the same diameter (or very close) as the fronts. That's the requirement on modern cars so the traction/stability control does not get confused.

when looking for a square setup, you will normally have corners the same a the current front wheel size.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunzOut View Post

thanks! yeah I'm looking to get the exact same set up bit instead of 17s I wanted 19s is all