F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > F30 2017 LCI can't add to myBMW app!
ARMA SPEED

11-09-2023, 07:03 AM   #1
tripika
Rep
Drives: F30 M Sport LCI

F30 2017 LCI can't add to myBMW app!

Hi to all BMW enthusiasts,

Is there any way to add my F30 2017 to myBMW app!

The car is imported to Europe from Korea and recently Gerry did region change and nav update coding!

Regards!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2023, 01:43 PM   #2
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

The BMW app uses location before allowing to connect to car Vin. It will not allow a connection as the car is associated with Korea . You can try and get a BMW dealer to
change the location associated with the VIn but I think most either don’t know how to do it or aren’t allowed to do it.

You could try a vpn to Korea and connect to BMW Korea with location services turned off on your phone to register it . We have had a lot of BMW imported to NZ and have the same issue. Some have done the above.

I tried via BMW NZ to get my UK spec M3 changed but they weren’t willing to do it sighing it as a grey area import. Complained as been a customer for 37 years but no difference . Suspect it’s policy or BMW just can’t be bothered.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2023, 02:40 AM   #3
tripika
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NealfromNZ View Post
The BMW app uses location before allowing to connect to car Vin. It will not allow a connection as the car is associated with Korea . You can try and get a BMW dealer to
change the location associated with the VIn but I think most either don’t know how to do it or aren’t allowed to do it.

You could try a vpn to Korea and connect to BMW Korea with location services turned off on your phone to register it . We have had a lot of BMW imported to NZ and have the same issue. Some have done the above.

I tried via BMW NZ to get my UK spec M3 changed but they weren’t willing to do it sighing it as a grey area import. Complained as been a customer for 37 years but no difference . Suspect it’s policy or BMW just can’t be bothered.
I Opened an account from BMW Korea, but process is stuck when APP asks for the security code sent to the car! on the other hand I never receive the security code on car iDrive!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 02:30 AM   #4
tripika
Rep

Managed to add F30 to myBMW app by holding option key when in ConnectedDrive menu and then updating services! After that Messages menu was shown and I got security code delivered there!
Appreciate 0
      11-13-2023, 12:55 PM   #5
NealfromNZ
Lieutenant
New Zealand
Rep
Drives: 2016 F80 M3

Awesome !
Appreciate 0