F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > New Builds & Warranty work...
Extreme Powerhouse

07-08-2019, 02:34 PM   #23
N44RTT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyalfa View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nart View Post
Reserving my first (new build) home tomorrow. Completion due around October. Fingers crossed for a smooth process. Any experiences with Crest around here?
I've been in a crest development at Red Lodge for the last 6 years. House is great but as usual you need to snag it properly when you move in. Some things were put right straight away, others not so much... Where you moving?
Just outside Aylesbury in Stoke Mandeville, Bucks.

They seem alright so far (don't they all at selling point), but they were certainly less pushy to get the sale done compared to other developments i've visited over the last 6 months or so, and quality seems to be higher than average. We shall see...
'15 LCI F30 330d M Sport Plus in EBII
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2019, 03:50 PM   #24
EvilDrPorkChop
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Porsche Cayman

My mate has been in his new build 12 months, trying to get them back to sort out is a nightmare. He's had to get onto NHBC to get them to push the builders. Broken front door, flooring not put down properly, back door not closing, rubble in the garden, toilet flush plates on upside down. He's also got an awful damp smell downstairs that he hasn't told them about yet...

The issue with the work completed isn't the building companies, it's the tradesmen/contracted companies that are used on a particular site. It's the way the building companies handle the said issues that's the problem. They usually just don't want to know.

Being in the building trade myself anyone who is decent has a good reputation and therefore usually has plenty of their own private customers. It's the ones which aren't....as good, that usually end up on sites hence the poor quality of work. This isn't always the case but is usually true. You then get different plumbers/electricians/joiners doing different stages of the work rather than one individual for that trade all the way through.
Appreciate 2
Soul_Glo13347.00
isleaiw18766.50
      07-09-2019, 12:19 PM   #25
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

I had a long chat with the site manager and we went through her snag list cover to cover. They seem confident they can resolve 80 per cent of it in one day. I did not find the customer service lady helpful. She was full of tosh. Spun me a yarn about how certain things wouldn't be considered a defect. However, the manager was more helpful and clearly wanted to put things right. I get the sense he was a bit shocked simple things had gone wrong. So let's see what happens next. It's moving in the right direction and hopefully she can move in soon once it is all fixed.

My advice to anyone would be get to know the manager see if he knows what he is talking about then find his best worker for the job(s).
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 04:08 AM   #26
N44RTT
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G21 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post
I had a long chat with the site manager and we went through her snag list cover to cover. They seem confident they can resolve 80 per cent of it in one day. I did not find the customer service lady helpful. She was full of tosh. Spun me a yarn about how certain things wouldn't be considered a defect. However, the manager was more helpful and clearly wanted to put things right. I get the sense he was a bit shocked simple things had gone wrong. So let's see what happens next. It's moving in the right direction and hopefully she can move in soon once it is all fixed.

My advice to anyone would be get to know the manager see if he knows what he is talking about then find his best worker for the job(s).
Yes, this what a lot of people recommend, get on well with the site manager. Just curious, you said she is yet to move in - has she completed or is the completion dependent on the snagging list? I'm told developers are very adverse to that and you need to complete either way and deal with the issues later as there is a warranty in place. The downside is obviously having any work done that will be disruptive to you AFTER you moved in.
'15 LCI F30 330d M Sport Plus in EBII
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2019, 05:28 AM   #27
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Quote:
Yes, this what a lot of people recommend, get on well with the site manager. Just curious, you said she is yet to move in - has she completed or is the completion dependent on the snagging list? I'm told developers are very adverse to that and you need to complete either way and deal with the issues later as there is a warranty in place. The downside is obviously having any work done that will be disruptive to you AFTER you moved in.
You are well within your rights to hold off completing until the snags are resolved- however i know of multiple cases where the developer has threatened and in some cases actually gone ahead and withdrawn some benefits - such as stamp duty paid, part ex etc.

So before making that call take a very close look or seek advice from your solicitor on the wording on the paperwork.
Appreciate 1
N44RTT77.50
      07-10-2019, 11:53 AM   #28
Soul_Glo
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelsea_Tractor View Post

She completed late last month. The developer (Redrow) refused to allow snagging before completion. She then had a preview of the home. It's something Redrow do to show you how things work e.g. if you have smart home tech fitted and have questions / want a demonstration. They were clear that the preview is not held for snagging. After completion she had 7 days to snag. Which we did. She used a company called House Scan (my friend) and went for the comprehensive package - includes a desnag. As I wasn't too sure about certain building regulations. The report picked up other minor defects. I digress... she has the option to move in at her leisure and wants things fixed before moving in. She's lucky in that there is a phase 2 to the development so the team are still on site. I have heard stories about people being on their own once the tradesmen have left. Forever chasing them and by that time the NHBC kicks in but can be as worth as much as the paper it is written on.
Appreciate 1
N44RTT77.50
      07-15-2019, 02:01 PM   #29
1 AKY
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F11 530d

Dispatches on C4 now
Appreciate 0