F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Refresh location in ConnectedDrive?
proTUNING Freaks

07-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #1
j.s.
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36

Refresh location in ConnectedDrive?

Anyone know how to refresh the location in ConnectedDrive? My new car is on a transporter to the shipping company in Enfield, it hasn't updated the location since it left the dealer...
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 11:42 AM   #2
MarkyM
Major
Rep
Drives: X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by jespers View Post
Anyone know how to refresh the location in ConnectedDrive? My new car is on a transporter to the shipping company in Enfield, it hasn't updated the location since it left the dealer...
I'm not 100% sure how it works but it only updates position after the car is stopped or opened/locked and not whilst in motion, I suppose it won't update until driven off transporter?

It is useful to find last position of car and instantly updates position on the connected app, it's far quicker than the old system on my 2012 car, the app had to request location from car manually which took forever and only worked within 1500m anyway
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2018, 02:00 PM   #3
j.s.
Second Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F36

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkyM View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jespers View Post
I'm not 100% sure how it works but it only updates position after the car is stopped or opened/locked and not whilst in motion, I suppose it won't update until driven off transporter?

It is useful to find last position of car and instantly updates position on the connected app, it's far quicker than the old system on my 2012 car, the app had to request location from car manually which took forever and only worked within 1500m anyway
Thanks, looks like it. Just had an update at a motorway service, where it was locked and unlocked.
Appreciate 0