F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > AUSTRALIA > BMW Tune Melbourne
Studio RSR

07-29-2020, 07:08 AM   #1
Tea2
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330I F30

Post BMW Tune Melbourne

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and wondering whether I could get some advice on a piggyback tune. I have read a couple of reviews between the piggyback tune and flash tune. And I am leaning towards a piggyback tune as it seems to suit my needs. A couple of piggyback tunes that have been mentioned in the forum are the JB4, Cobbs, Procede, AFE Sorcher, Dinan?

Is there any places in Melbourne that can Stage 1 Tune a BMW F30 B48 engine?

I am either looking to purchase online and get a tuner to install or have the tuner supply and install. It would be good to know where to purchase the tuner online in Australia? Or would I have to purchases these internationally.

Understand that there are some recommended places such as SouthernBM, Evolve, Activemotorwerke.

Are there any other workshops out there that would be recommended? And also the type of piggyback tunes they use?

Thanks in advanced
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2020, 09:07 AM   #2
-Picard-
Admiral
Australia
Rep
Drives: G01 X3 M40i, F48 X1 25i MSport

Garage List
Hi Tea,

Try bootmod3 which is a flash tune you can install yourself. Look them up.

Having experienced a piggy back unit as compared to a flash tune, the flash tune is more responsive. A typical flash tune will pick up more variables rather than sending dummy signals and just adding boost.

Up to you ultimately, it is your car after all.