F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > bootmod3 for BMW F series Vehicles - General Discussion
European Auto Source (EAS)
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      03-26-2018, 12:18 AM   #1167
isingh88
Private
isingh88's Avatar
United_States
12
Rep
62
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW 335i M sport
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Sacramento

iTrader: (0)

Can someone please tell me which map I should be running and what gains I can expect from my current setup?
335i
Active auto works charge pipe and intercooler
Catback Borla Atak exhaust already have alot of burbles with the set up not looking to add more.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:21 AM   #1168
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3454
Rep
1,647
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isingh88 View Post
Can someone please tell me which map I should be running and what gains I can expect from my current setup?
335i
Active auto works charge pipe and intercooler
Catback Borla Atak exhaust already have alot of burbles with the set up not looking to add more.
Hi, please email us at sales at protuningfreaks dot com and our guys can help out with that.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2018, 11:22 AM   #1169
proTUNING Freaks
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
proTUNING Freaks's Avatar
3454
Rep
1,647
Posts


Drives: powered by bootmod3
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: www.protuningfreaks.com | www.bootmod3.com

iTrader: (0)

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho....php?t=1480184
Appreciate 1
      03-30-2018, 05:33 PM   #1170
LiNDi
New Member
Germany
3
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

Hi all,
I'm about to start my little N55 project and have ordered FMIC, CP and catted DP this Thursday. My car is a 2012 335i PWG with MPPK and I wanted to be on the safe side before actually applying any flash tunes. However, I thought it might be a good idea to log some stock pulls and that was one reason why I pulled the trigger on bm3 yesterday.

So today I logged two runs from 3rd to 5th gear (my car is an 8AT). From my little understanding of reading these logs I think there is not much to worry about but I noticed two things that made me thinking:
  1. Boost seems to be logged in hPa and reaches 1600 during WOT. If I do the math correct this would mean 23 psi or 1.6 bar. I assume this is an absoulte value and I need to subtract 1 bar atmospheric pressure, correct?
  2. I see timing corrections for cyl 3 in run 2, is this normal and why?

Run #1
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5abe60a1d10b4371d714c10b

Run #2
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5abe60a4d10b4371d714c10c

What do the pros think of those pulls? Everything as it should be?
I appreciate any feedback!
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 06:50 PM   #1171
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNDi View Post
Hi all,
I'm about to start my little N55 project and have ordered FMIC, CP and catted DP this Thursday. My car is a 2012 335i PWG with MPPK and I wanted to be on the safe side before actually applying any flash tunes. However, I thought it might be a good idea to log some stock pulls and that was one reason why I pulled the trigger on bm3 yesterday.

So today I logged two runs from 3rd to 5th gear (my car is an 8AT). From my little understanding of reading these logs I think there is not much to worry about but I noticed two things that made me thinking:
  1. Boost seems to be logged in hPa and reaches 1600 during WOT. If I do the math correct this would mean 23 psi or 1.6 bar. I assume this is an absoulte value and I need to subtract 1 bar atmospheric pressure, correct?
  2. I see timing corrections for cyl 3 in run 2, is this normal and why?

Run #1
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5abe60a1d10b4371d714c10b

Run #2
http://www.bootmod3.net/log?id=5abe60a4d10b4371d714c10c

What do the pros think of those pulls? Everything as it should be?
I appreciate any feedback!

Timing looks amazing. Not sure what you see?

U need to change your settings in the logging area. I never seen those measurements.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 07:47 PM   #1172
LiNDi
New Member
Germany
3
Rep
23
Posts

Drives: F30 335i
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: Germany

iTrader: (0)

I'm not sure either but I noticed, that at lower rpm in 4th gear cylinder 3 lags behind the others.

All I can find in the bm3 logging settings is the choice between metric and imperial and absolute or relative pressure. Not sure which setting has been active during logging, but I assume it needs to be set to relative.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2018, 08:01 PM   #1173
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiNDi View Post
I'm not sure either but I noticed, that at lower rpm in 4th gear cylinder 3 lags behind the others.

All I can find in the bm3 logging settings is the choice between metric and imperial and absolute or relative pressure. Not sure which setting has been active during logging, but I assume it needs to be set to relative.
If I recall that is correct. Play around
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 04:27 PM   #1174
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

Hey so I requested a custom tune and the tuner is waiting for bootmod3 to send them my stock tune after requesting it. And it's been all day anyone experience a delay in this also?
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:25 PM   #1175
prodogs
Private
United_States
38
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: 435ix
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: charlotte

iTrader: (0)

Argggg!! Data Support - Your vehicle's DME data support in progress.

After a few hours getting everything set up ran into a wall with this message

"Data Support - Your vehicle's DME support is in progress"

Opened a ticket but wondering if anyone else got this and how they got around it.

Thanks
Attached Images
 
__________________
2014 435ix Coupe
2010 X5 M Sport - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #1176
paimon.soror
Captain
paimon.soror's Avatar
United_States
374
Rep
699
Posts

Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Hartford, CT

iTrader: (3)

Garage List
Just gotta give it a bit. So many different versions of DME software out in the wild, so they have to add support as they get the requests. They are pretty quick to respond though so you should be up and running by tomorrow typically.
__________________
2010 Mazda RX8 - Sold (11/17)
2016 BMW 435xi GC - Current
Appreciate 1
FSociety3322.00

      04-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #1177
prodogs
Private
United_States
38
Rep
66
Posts

Drives: 435ix
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: charlotte

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paimon.soror View Post
Just gotta give it a bit. So many different versions of DME software out in the wild, so they have to add support as they get the requests. They are pretty quick to respond though so you should be up and running by tomorrow typically.
Thanks
__________________
2014 435ix Coupe
2010 X5 M Sport - sold
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 01:23 PM   #1178
JaredG_F30
Lieutenant Colonel
JaredG_F30's Avatar
1017
Rep
1,528
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i, M-Sport, Manual
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

A new OBD agent firmware was released yesterday and iOS bm3 app update is available today. You'll need to update the app in order to connect to the OBD agent device if you are using one.
__________________

2014 F30 335i, M-Sport, 6MT, V804s, custom exhaust, CTS Turbo Intake & IC, FTP CP, VRSF DP, TMS Strut Brace, BM3 Stg 2, AEM WMI, H&R Sport Springs (381 whp, 429 wtq on Cali 91oct before WMI).
SPI Films Blog/DIY Vids
Appreciate 1
ronanz1724.00

      04-17-2018, 06:29 PM   #1179
mike@x-ph.com
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
mike@x-ph.com's Avatar
United_States
11766
Rep
127,557
Posts


Drives: 2007 e92 335i / 2013 F30 328
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Las Vegas

iTrader: (20)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredG_F30 View Post
A new OBD agent firmware was released yesterday and iOS bm3 app update is available today. You'll need to update the app in order to connect to the OBD agent device if you are using one.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 07:01 PM   #1180
alex_j_5
14 335i M Sport EB II | VRSF 5" HD FMIC / CP, AWE
25
Rep
97
Posts

Drives: 335i m sport
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Brisbane

iTrader: (0)

As far as battery chargers go, Is there a recommended amperage? I have a 4 amp trickle charge battery charger so just making sure that's okay to use while flashing.
__________________
14 335i M Sport EB II | VRSF 5" HD FMIC / CP/ DP, AWE AXLEBACK, BM3 Stage 2
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 08:26 PM   #1181
chaungo
=D
chaungo's Avatar
Canada
1090
Rep
1,868
Posts

Drives: 13' 335ix
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Quebec

iTrader: (4)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by alex_j_5 View Post
As far as battery chargers go, Is there a recommended amperage? I have a 4 amp trickle charge battery charger so just making sure that's okay to use while flashing.
You don't really need a battery charger unless you don't drive the car at all or barely do. If you drove the car daily, battery should already be full charge, and the flash and unlock does not take long enough to warrant the use of one.

Though if you want to be extra safe, 4 amp is fine.
Appreciate 1
ronanz1724.00

      04-18-2018, 05:06 PM   #1182
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Here are my burbles on v6 stage 2 with catless dp and mpe.

Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 06:54 PM   #1183
rcaso26
First Lieutenant
rcaso26's Avatar
160
Rep
311
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i xdrive
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Long Island, NY

iTrader: (0)

Bootmod3 Stage 1

Hey quick question about bootmod3 stage 1: I am currently running a bms stage 1 piggyback (not jb4) on an unmodified 328i x drive. While the bump in power is definitely there, the shifts are pretty harsh, especially when the car is cold and the boost comes on abruptly.

I use my car as a daily driver and don't want to fall down the rabbit hole of downpipes, intercooler chargepipes etc. that are required for bootmod3 stage 2. How are peoples experiences with bootmod3 stage 1? Is it significantly smoother than bms stage 1? Is there a decent bump in power? I'm thinking about making the change to bootmod3, but would like some feedback before doing anything. Thanks in advance.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2018, 07:45 PM   #1184
jebs2k
Private First Class
Canada
24
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2016 435
Join Date: May 2016
Location: vancouver

iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcaso26 View Post
Hey quick question about bootmod3 stage 1: I am currently running a bms stage 1 piggyback (not jb4) on an unmodified 328i x drive. While the bump in power is definitely there, the shifts are pretty harsh, especially when the car is cold and the boost comes on abruptly.

I use my car as a daily driver and don't want to fall down the rabbit hole of downpipes, intercooler chargepipes etc. that are required for bootmod3 stage 2. How are peoples experiences with bootmod3 stage 1? Is it significantly smoother than bms stage 1? Is there a decent bump in power? I'm thinking about making the change to bootmod3, but would like some feedback before doing anything. Thanks in advance.
Do it!, i was in the same boat as you (with 435)
i was ok with the burger stuff, tried both jb4 and stage1 and while the power is there, the smoothness wasnt

just flashed with bm3 and was blown away at how nice it drives compared to piggybacks, and the butt dyno tells me there's more power over piggybacks as well...
you won't regret it, and the price is reasonable, unlike the mppk/dinan
after you flash, you can come back and tell me i'm right
__________________
2012 328
2012 335
2016 435
2019 440 GC
Appreciate 2
FSociety3322.00
rcaso26160.00

      04-19-2018, 12:42 PM   #1185
Bimmertodd88
Private First Class
United_States
48
Rep
183
Posts

Drives: 2014 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: 33714

iTrader: (0)

So I live in the Tampa Bay Area and I want to get my car dyno tuned and the closest "authorized" tuner shop in bootmod3's website is Miami which is like a 4 and a half hour drive. Has anyone took their car with bootmod3 to a non "authorized" tuner shop and got their car dyno tuned? Really don't want to make that trip as I don't have the time and availability to do it.
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 01:08 PM   #1186
perryo91
Captain
perryo91's Avatar
Uganda
307
Rep
898
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmertodd88 View Post
So I live in the Tampa Bay Area and I want to get my car dyno tuned and the closest "authorized" tuner shop in bootmod3's website is Miami which is like a 4 and a half hour drive. Has anyone took their car with bootmod3 to a non "authorized" tuner shop and got their car dyno tuned? Really don't want to make that trip as I don't have the time and availability to do it.
Hey I live in Tampa too- Town N country. Glad to see an f30 335 on this forums in my area.
__________________
Hi
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 01:09 PM   #1187
perryo91
Captain
perryo91's Avatar
Uganda
307
Rep
898
Posts

Drives: 335
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Florida

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matty088 View Post
Here are my burbles on v6 stage 2 with catless dp and mpe.
Which DP do you have? Also in this video was your car warm / turned on for long enough for the valve to open up, it sounds a little quiet in the beginning, but sounded awesome on take off.
__________________
Hi
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2018, 01:26 PM   #1188
matty088
Major
265
Rep
1,066
Posts

Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Ct

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by perryo91 View Post
Which DP do you have? Also in this video was your car warm / turned on for long enough for the valve to open up, it sounds a little quiet in the beginning, but sounded awesome on take off.
fully warm. i think that has to do with the shitty iphone mic and not being behind the car and ambient noise etc.

vrsf dp
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:55 AM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST