F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > mFlasher 8HP and B58 Official Thread
proTUNING Freaks
Closed Thread

04-06-2019, 11:09 PM   #23
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X3 M40i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissionPerformance View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by j1980mac View Post
Quote:
Quote:
@MissionPerformance , after returning the car to stock via BM3, I attempted to re-flash via Mflasher. I got this message. What should I do in order to re-run MP Stage 2 again?
Case and point of using OTC maps. Your firmware structure was changed incorrectly since you flashed a "one size fits all" maps. Send me your vin number Monday and ill take a look since its weekend right now.
I'll send it now so you have it for Monday. Thanks Alex!
I have actual flash data area is not correct for your vehicle after the last time you flashed. Now I manually set target for correct firmware since I had your backup files on server. If that doesn't work, you will need to contact your other tuner and get them to recover your ecu to correct svk. If they can't do it, then we can do it remotely but that will be a paid for service.
So I can now try to re-flash back to stock using BM3 and attempt to then re-flash via Mflasher again?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:11 PM   #24
MissionPerformance
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: '17 F31 340xi US Spec

Garage List
You should have turned your computer to stock before switching from one platform to another.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:16 PM   #25
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You should have turned your computer to stock before switching from one platform to another.
I did. The Mflasher asked me if I wanted to turn back to stock and lock, and I chose yes.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:19 PM   #26
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
I did. The Mflasher asked me if I wanted to turn back to stock and lock, and I chose yes.
No Josh, you are currently tuned by bm3 and not us. If our tool doesn't detect your car correctly now, then your computer is running incorrect firmware for your car thanks to OTC mapping and you need to contact your other tuner to get you restored to factory original flash before going back to us.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:23 PM   #27
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
No Josh, you are currently tuned by bm3 and not us. If our tool doesn't detect your car correctly now, then your computer is running incorrect firmware for your car thanks to OTC mapping and you need to contact your other tuner to get you restored to factory original flash before going back to us.
I'll let them know this information. Thanks
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:27 PM   #28
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know it's not your tool, but this is the message that their software told me when I attempted to "Read" my DME.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:34 PM   #29
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I know it's not your tool, but this is the message that their software told me when I attempted to "Read" my DME.
I have no idea how to help you as I have no clue why you are trying to read out a flash. I told you that if you want to switch to different platform, then you need to flash original/resort factory. You keep trying to do things like this can result in locked ecu that will cost you a lot to repair.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:41 PM   #30
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have no idea how to help you as I have no clue why you are trying to read out a flash. I told you that if you want to switch to different platform, then you need to flash original/resort factory. You keep trying to do things like this can result in locked ecu that will cost you a lot to repair.
I followed all the prompts correctly on yours and theirs. I never saw anything in your docs or theirs how to safely restore to stock.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:45 PM   #31
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
You switched platforms, flashed otc map that changed your vehicle data and now you are having issues. I told you that I did over ride on our safety functions and forced a correct flash data for your vin number. So flash the tune using our app or contact bm3 and get your ecu desired correctly. Sorry but this is a weekend, and jumping from one platform to another results in issues like this. So, follow directions provided since I did the over ride for you or stick to your new tuner.
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:50 PM   #32
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
You switched platforms, flashed otc map that changed your vehicle data and now you are having issues. I told you that I did over ride on our safety functions and forced a correct flash data for your vin number. So flash the tune using our app or contact bm3 and get your ecu desired correctly. Sorry but this is a weekend, and jumping from one platform to another results in issues like this. So, follow directions provided since I did the over ride for you or stick to your new tuner.
The BM3 error screenshot & MP error screenshot that I uploaded just now was before we had this conversation.

I'm still unclear what you just did? Did you make a way (override) for me to safely flash using the Mflasher?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:51 PM   #33
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Yes
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:58 PM   #34
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yes
Well, than. I'll try it again tomorrow afternoon. Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 11:59 PM   #35
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
NP
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 03:09 PM   #36
j1980mac
Captain
United_States
Rep

@MissionPerformance do you have any fine tune control over burble adjustments? Like duration, aggressiveness, rpm, speed, etc like BM3?
Appreciate 0
      04-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #37
MissionPerformance
United_States
Rep

Garage List
The part you linked above is useless.

This is a specific thread dedicated for news, version updates and app information. Please start a separate thread if you have questions for community as this thread should stay dedicated for its original purpose.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #38
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '18 X3 M40i Dark Graphite Cogn

Anyone else on the ecu+tcu combo experiencing a significant drop in mpg? I want to say my driving style hasn't really changed (some days I want to go fast all the time, some days I want to go fast a little at a time) but I'm finding myself at the gas station more frequently. Is this the case for you guys as well?

I haven't touched the spark plugs and was considering regapping them but the way this thing is eating gas as my daily, and with gas at an average of $4.50/gal, I'm probably not going to.

I will say the smiles per gallon have definitely increased I just want the mpq to even out lol
      05-18-2019, 01:27 PM   #39
CruzM3
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M3 "Velocity Edition"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayf30 View Post
Anyone else on the ecu+tcu combo experiencing a significant drop in mpg? I want to say my driving style hasn't really changed (some days I want to go fast all the time, some days I want to go fast a little at a time) but I'm finding myself at the gas station more frequently. Is this the case for you guys as well?

I haven't touched the spark plugs and was considering regapping them but the way this thing is eating gas as my daily, and with gas at an average of $4.50/gal, I'm probably not going to.

I will say the smiles per gallon have definitely increased I just want the mpq to even out lol
It's part of going for a flash. Not trying to be a smart a** but if you want better mpg then maybe going back stock or trying out stage 1 only is better for you.
2016 328i (sold)
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 01:36 PM   #40
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz30/40 View Post
It's part of going for a flash. Not trying to be a smart a** but if you want better mpg then maybe going back stock or trying out stage 1 only is better for you.
Thanks but the performance outweighs fuel efficiency by a long shot. I just needed to know if this was normal because I don't remember reading anything about mpg significantly decreasing and this is my first time tuning/flashing a car so that's why I asked
      05-18-2019, 02:03 PM   #41
chenry
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMWs

Quote:
Thanks but the performance outweighs fuel efficiency by a long shot. I just needed to know if this was normal because I don't remember reading anything about mpg significantly decreasing and this is my first time tuning/flashing a car so that's why I asked
Jay
Have you run a tank through the car with it in comfort mode and driven moderately with mixed highway and local use? I'm curious what type of MPG you would see? I keep meaning to do this on mine - but it's so hard for me to give up on my couple gallons of E85 and pounding on the car whenever it is safe to do so (in Mexico of course)
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2019, 02:31 PM   #42
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chenry View Post
Quote:
Jay
Have you run a tank through the car with it in comfort mode and driven moderately with mixed highway and local use? I'm curious what type of MPG you would see? I keep meaning to do this on mine - but it's so hard for me to give up on my couple gallons of E85 and pounding on the car whenever it is safe to do so (in Mexico of course)
An entire tank in comfort mode? : haha I think we share similar driving styles. I can't not get on it.. just impossible. I do need to put in some E85 soon. I haven't put in any since I flashed the transmission which was about 3 tank fill-ups ago so still getting used to it.

I'm going to reset the on board computer to see exactly what kind of fuel efficiency I'm getting. My daily driving consists of 50/50 highway and city so it should be an interesting comparison.
      05-19-2019, 06:28 AM   #43
nikman011
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 STi - IAG Trojan

I don't track daily gas mileage, but it seems only slightly worse to me, being I fill up roughly every 6 or 7 days versus 7/8.
As for long distance, recently drove from pittsburgh to DC, in comfort/Econ mode (roughly 250miles each way) and got about 35 MPG, which was really surprising. Stayed no more than 8 miles above speed limit, so mostly 78MPH, and only occasionally drove over 100MPH
      05-19-2019, 11:12 AM   #44
Jayf30
Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikman011 View Post
I don't track daily gas mileage, but it seems only slightly worse to me, being I fill up roughly every 6 or 7 days versus 7/8.
As for long distance, recently drove from pittsburgh to DC, in comfort/Econ mode (roughly 250miles each way) and got about 35 MPG, which was really surprising. Stayed no more than 8 miles above speed limit, so mostly 78MPH, and only occasionally drove over 100MPH
Ahh I'm having to fill up every 4 days versus 7/8 days. If anything it's just annoying but I'm over it. If I care enough I'll just start driving in eco