F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > No music/alarms through radio
ARMA SPEED

01-26-2022, 05:54 AM   #1
Chrismac80
Rep
Drives: BMW 430i Convertable

Angry No music/alarms through radio

Hi there, wondering for any advice on an issue with my BMW 430i Convertible?
Found water sloshing around the sills/wheel arch due to clogged up drainage system after heavy rain - couple of litres. Common problem so i hear !
Bung removed and water drained at garage but on my way down i heard crackling from radio followed by now no sound at all.
Looks like some water could have splashed around the amp in the passenger side corner in the trunk.
I now have no audio at all

First of all i need the audio back - not sure if the fuse would have blown or the amp just gave up. No warning messages on dash and everything looks ok on the media system.
Anybody found the fuse that powers the amp or a way to tell if the amp is the faulty component? Can't get it in for diagnostic check until middle of February.

Secondly i need to find out how the water got in in the first place ????

Thanks
Chris
Appreciate 0