F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Tracking / Racing / Autocrossing > Anyone running ap racing 6pot/4pot
Extreme Powerhouse

01-13-2022, 07:21 PM   #1
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 2014 335i msport

Anyone running ap racing 6pot/4pot

Hey everyone! Brakes are getting toasted and it's time to redo them soon, I found a deal on ap racing calipers with pads, no rotors. So I'll have to source the 370/360 rotors, do these require a master cylinder upgrade of any sort ?
Appreciate 1
      01-13-2022, 08:53 PM   #2
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pussiwillow View Post
Hey everyone! Brakes are getting toasted and it's time to redo them soon, I found a deal on ap racing calipers with pads, no rotors. So I'll have to source the 370/360 rotors, do these require a master cylinder upgrade of any sort ?
Stock M Sport brake calipers with proper track pads and brake fluid should be sufficient for most tracked vehicles with a close to stock power train.

I think those are designed to work with the original master cylinder.

Although one could make the argument that F80 M3/M4 cars could use an upgrader aftermarket brake system if tracked pretty hard.
Appreciate 2
      01-13-2022, 10:31 PM   #3
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
Stock M Sport brake calipers with proper track pads and brake fluid should be sufficient for most tracked vehicles with a close to stock power train.

I think those are designed to work with the original master cylinder.

Although one could make the argument that F80 M3/M4 cars could use an upgrader aftermarket brake system if tracked pretty hard.
I agree, will I use the ap brakes to potential.
No. Lol
The price of them, with also needing to do a full rotor replacement as they were on their last turn, it just got me thinking.
The cost of the calipers, plus pads, 1200 shipped
That's nearly what people ask for blue calipers with pads involved.

I'm 2014 m sport with greys and the single piston rear, I obviously would love a little color and upgrade in my life, I felt the price Is right, so I've been considering it. However, not if I have to swap out masters etc, then it isn't feasible when something you stated above is accurate and cheaper.

Just something I'm considering
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2022, 11:17 AM   #4
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

So I'm thinking of just doing a front set up, so I don't lose my parking brake. Decisions
Probably run a 380mm m3 comp rotor and source brackets from AP
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2022, 01:10 PM   #5
FaRKle!
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 328d Wagon, M2 Comp, i4 eD35

Garage List
You shouldn't need a master cylinder change since the AP 9660/8, 9449 kit is drop in for F80 with the blue calipers.

You should still be able to keep your parking brake too. The AP 9668/9451 kit I have works just fine with it on my M2, and the shoes are the same as F3x.

For the rotors you need, check out Paragon. They're way cheaper, and I know of a few people who have bought them for the track.

Please don't PM me for suspension recommendations unless interested in paid private consultations.
Appreciate 2
      01-14-2022, 01:40 PM   #6
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaRKle! View Post
You shouldn't need a master cylinder change since the AP 9660/8, 9449 kit is drop in for F80 with the blue calipers.

You should still be able to keep your parking brake too. The AP 9668/9451 kit I have works just fine with it on my M2, and the shoes are the same as F3x.

For the rotors you need, check out Paragon. They're way cheaper, and I know of a few people who have bought them for the track.
I appreciate it!

I'm trying to source brackets before I commit to buying them
Paragon I guess has them potentially but they don't seem to have a phone number
I contacted AP and paragon via email. Just trying to fit a price together for everything before I go all in

Wouldn't stock f80 380mm/30mm fronts and 370mm/24mm rears work?
I believe the ap racing kit uses 380 fronts and 370 rears, however the fronts I remember were 34mm or something, it would save some money if so… just trying to sort this
Appreciate 1
      01-14-2022, 05:41 PM   #7
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Guess m3 rotors won't work based on specs.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      01-15-2022, 07:21 AM   #8
Polo08816
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Quote:
No. Lol
The price of them, with also needing to do a full rotor replacement as they were on their last turn, it just got me thinking.

I'm 2014 m sport with greys and the single piston rear, I obviously would love a little color and upgrade in my life, I felt the price Is right, so I've been considering it. However, not if I have to swap out masters etc, then it isn't feasible when something you stated above is accurate and cheaper.

Oh in that case, I can understand why you're considering aftermarket.
Appreciate 1
      01-15-2022, 09:54 AM   #9
Pussiwillow
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo08816 View Post
Quote:
No. Lol

Oh in that case, I can understand why you're considering aftermarket.
I mean they work well for the street, I don't have immediate plans to track the car much etc, cosmetically they are meh. They're worn, they have a little life left but rotors are max wear, so I would need rotors and pads etc. so it's a hey? Why not use this as an opportunity to upgrade efficiently.
The issue is these calipers aren't exactly bolt on, I been running around chasing info and contacting people to see if brackets can be done for the chassis etc
Appreciate 2