F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Gateway2Lease
proTUNING Freaks

05-11-2020, 05:05 PM   #1
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Gateway2Lease

As some here were aware, the 840i GC deal which around 40 people took through Gateway2Lease depended upon them being able to register the cars before the end of March if we were to avoid a hike in first year VED of £775.

Along with quite a few others, my car was due for delivery with a week or so to spare, but then BMW issued a ‘Technical Hold’ - essentially a recall before the cars were delivered, due to a minor seatbelt issue. Then the virus lockdown happened on 23rd March, so a large number of cars, including mine sat in a compound in Manchester and could not be delivered in time so would be subject to the hike in VED.

I was planning to take the car despite the hike, but quite a few were having second thoughts. Today Gateway2Lease emailed all of us (including ciscopete822 and his Tango special - orange paint with orange leather) and offered a £350 contribution towards the VED uplift, or a fee-free cancellation if we preferred. This seems a very decent offer to me and I thought that I should mention it here. My only other experience of leasing brokers has not been good, so credit goes to G2L for doing the right thing.
Appreciate 4
JustChris17487.50
OneExtra810.50
      05-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #2
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

What did you do though? Free cancellation or the dosh?
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2020, 05:13 PM   #3
JD6
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 840i GC + Mini Electric L3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
What did you do though? Free cancellation or the dosh?
I’m taking the car. I would have taken it without the contribution - it’s still a very good deal.
Appreciate 1
      05-11-2020, 06:09 PM   #4
Broncho
Banned
England
Rep
Drives: Chav white Mercedes

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post
As some here were aware, the 840i GC deal which around 40 people took through Gateway2Lease depended upon them being able to register the cars before the end of March if we were to avoid a hike in first year VED of £775.

Along with quite a few others, my car was due for delivery with a week or so to spare, but then BMW issued a ‘Technical Hold’ - essentially a recall before the cars were delivered, due to a minor seatbelt issue. Then the virus lockdown happened on 23rd March, so a large number of cars, including mine sat in a compound in Manchester and could not be delivered in time so would be subject to the hike in VED.

I was planning to take the car despite the hike, but quite a few were having second thoughts. Today Gateway2Lease emailed all of us (including ciscopete822 and his Tango special - orange paint with orange leather) and offered a £350 contribution towards the VED uplift, or a fee-free cancellation if we preferred. This seems a very decent offer to me and I thought that I should mention it here. My only other experience of leasing brokers has not been good, so credit goes to G2L for doing the right thing.
I dealt with the owners when I was in the car trade years ago and have had 6 cars through them over the years adding to that I reckon another 10 through friends and family.

They’ve also been very flexible on contracts and have always where possible price matched or beaten other quotes.

Never an issue.

Appreciate 1
JD64270.50
      05-12-2020, 06:01 AM   #5
doncarlyon
Captain
Rep
Drives: Megane RS 300 Trophy

I have a car on order with them, fingers crossed it turns up in September.
Appreciate 0
      05-12-2020, 07:29 AM   #6
AlwynMike
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F36 440i GC.

A colleague ordered a cheap Tiguan a few years ago with them.
Went for the R model which was then delayed due to a bumper shortage.
He had a whinge at them and they put him in a hire car (Mercedes 220d) for about 3 months. Free of charge.
The Supplying dealer probably paid that bill but it's good customer service.
Appreciate 1
JustChris17487.50
      05-12-2020, 08:29 AM   #7
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

G2L created Covid to avoid paying out on advertised 8GC lease mistake.

Red it here first!
      05-12-2020, 08:31 AM   #8
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD6 View Post

Good Service. All the best companies are stepping up to do the right thing in this time. Good to see.