F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 2019 440i Coupe
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      05-28-2018, 06:17 PM   #23
BM dnobagaV
BM dnobagaV
BM dnobagaV's Avatar
United_States
112
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 528i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Dreamville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Are you missing something? Well, I suppose its possible, so Ill try to walk you through it...

I wanted a new 2-door BMW. The i8 is out of my price range, so that left 2-series or 4-series. I dont like 4-cylinder engines, so that narrowed it down to M240i and 440i. I test drove both, and the 2 was a bit smaller than I care for, so one choice remained. Couldnt find an 18 on any dealer lot in the country optioned how I wanted, so it became clear Id have to order one. By the time I made up my mind, the production for the 440i Coupe had just switched from MY18 to MY19, so thats what I ordered.

Does that explain my thought process to your satisfaction, or was there something youd have done differently in my situation?
Would've gone for a '16 or '17 M4, or a 650i coupe if you want a car with an actual quality interior.
Was "0 miles off the lot" really so important to you?(I.e. paying a full sticker price for a car with less intrinsic value than what I previously mentioned)
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 06:32 PM   #24
tuco44
Colonel
tuco44's Avatar
Canada
323
Rep
2,013
Posts

Drives: 2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Western Canada

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Would've gone for a '16 or '17 M4, or a 650i coupe if you want a car with an actual quality interior.
Was "0 miles off the lot" really so important to you?(I.e. paying a full sticker price for a car with less intrinsic value than what I previously mentioned)
What do you care? OP is pleased with his new BMW, as he should be. Your opinion is not needed here.
__________________
2018 340i xDrive M Perf Edtn Sunset Orange
Previous BMWs - 19 others since 1971.
Appreciate 8
      05-28-2018, 06:39 PM   #25
BM dnobagaV
BM dnobagaV
BM dnobagaV's Avatar
United_States
112
Rep
212
Posts

Drives: 2010 BMW 528i
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Dreamville

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
What do you care? OP is pleased with his new BMW, as he should be. Your opinion is not needed here.

Well, he asked for it, so..
Would you rather drive a brand-new 440i or a year-old M4?

The difference is, you can say that you drive an "M" or an "AMG".

I'm not hating on his car, the car+color+wheel combo is crazy sleek. I was confused as to what he was thinking in terms of options/desire.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 07:26 PM   #26
JamesWWIII
Sky Marshal
JamesWWIII's Avatar
United_States
1934
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i Coupe
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Well, he asked for it, so..
Would you rather drive a brand-new 440i or a year-old M4?

The difference is, you can say that you drive an "M" or an "AMG".

I'm not hating on his car, the car+color+wheel combo is crazy sleek. I was confused as to what he was thinking in terms of options/desire.
Id rather drive a brand-new 440i (obviously).

Ive never relished the idea of buying a car thats been driven by someone else, because there is no way to know how they drove it and took care of it. For a high-performance car like an M, this would be an even greater concern. I know how well I treat my cars, but Im fully aware that not everyone has my lofty standards. There was actually a very nice low-mileage 2016 M4 on the lot in Charlotte (still there, in fact), and Ill admit I was briefly tempted, but I just wasnt willing to roll the dice.

https://www.hendrickbmw.com/used/BMW...a9e11e6148.htm

As far as being able to say that I drive an M, that might have had an impact on my decision if I cared what other people thought about my car, but I dont. I realize different people have different reasons for buying a car, but I bought a BMW for me, not to impress others.
__________________
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Appreciate 11
tuco44322.50
kern417859.00
Jay75780.50
bmr76033.50
gtstar16.50
DeeKay267.00

      05-28-2018, 08:18 PM   #27
Fuller
First Lieutenant
194
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: F36 435i
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BM dnobagaV View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuco44 View Post
What do you care? OP is pleased with his new BMW, as he should be. Your opinion is not needed here.

Well, he asked for it, so..
Would you rather drive a brand-new 440i or a year-old M4?

The difference is, you can say that you drive an "M" or an "AMG".

I'm not hating on his car, the car+color+wheel combo is crazy sleek. I was confused as to what he was thinking in terms of options/desire.
Not everyone wants the same exact things from their car. This is why cars come in such a wide variety of shapes, sizes, colors, power, styles etc.
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2018, 09:04 PM   #28
xantdieselx
Kingslayer
xantdieselx's Avatar
United_States
278
Rep
1,256
Posts

Drives: 2016 M235i xDrive
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Rhode Island

iTrader: (0)

Beautiful car OP. I'm a bit biased towards MG but still. I've been to PCD and agree they are second to none. Good luck and enjoy!
__________________
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII1934.00

      05-29-2018, 04:04 AM   #29
Skyhigh
Second Lieutenant
Skyhigh's Avatar
74
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: BMW F36
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
Looks cool.

Did they remove the leather around the base of the shift-knob post LCI?
From MY19 onwards, yes....
__________________
"Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in cars and women."
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 01:44 PM   #30
JamesWWIII
Sky Marshal
JamesWWIII's Avatar
United_States
1934
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i Coupe
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRealJimShady View Post
Really does look nice...love the colour, plus those dark alloys are also really nice.
Thanks! I absolutely love the combination.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Mexican Women View Post
oh ok, nice! looks great. have you considered debadging the 440i badge off the rear? it would look really good.
Ive considered black badging the back along with black exhaust tips, but Ive never been a fan of the debadging fad.
__________________
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Appreciate 2
      05-29-2018, 02:45 PM   #31
e92ry
Enlisted Member
6
Rep
46
Posts

Drives: F30 335i xDrive
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Seattle, WA

iTrader: (0)

I'm more impressed with your house in the background lol
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 08:11 PM   #32
mr_clueless
Private
18
Rep
59
Posts

Drives: 2015 328i Sedan
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
From MY19 onwards, yes....
So it was still there for MY2018 at LCI? Interesting...
__________________
2015 328i 6MT - Alpine White/Coral Red - DHP - Xenons
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2018, 08:29 PM   #33
amw896
Captain
amw896's Avatar
Canada
347
Rep
813
Posts

Drives: 2015 BMW M235i
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: ontario

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2015 BMW M235i  [5.00]
nice whip - congrats!
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII1934.00

      05-29-2018, 09:44 PM   #34
RAK92
Private First Class
United_States
67
Rep
189
Posts

Drives: 2016 435i Coupe M Sport
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Chesapeake, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Id rather drive a brand-new 440i (obviously).

Ive never relished the idea of buying a car thats been driven by someone else, because there is no way to know how they drove it and took care of it. For a high-performance car like an M, this would be an even greater concern. I know how well I treat my cars, but Im fully aware that not everyone has my lofty standards. There was actually a very nice low-mileage 2016 M4 on the lot in Charlotte (still there, in fact), and Ill admit I was briefly tempted, but I just wasnt willing to roll the dice.

https://www.hendrickbmw.com/used/BMW...a9e11e6148.htm

As far as being able to say that I drive an M, that might have had an impact on my decision if I cared what other people thought about my car, but I dont. I realize different people have different reasons for buying a car, but I bought a BMW for me, not to impress others.
+1000!
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII1934.00

      05-30-2018, 06:28 AM   #35
Skyhigh
Second Lieutenant
Skyhigh's Avatar
74
Rep
238
Posts

Drives: BMW F36
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Europe

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_clueless View Post
So it was still there for MY2018 at LCI? Interesting...
Correct. Mine is luckily a good example of that
__________________
"Large increases in cost with questionable increases in performance can be tolerated only in cars and women."
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2018, 04:37 PM   #36
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
859
Rep
1,605
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
I’d rather drive a brand-new 440i (obviously).

I’ve never relished the idea of buying a car that’s been driven by someone else, because there is no way to know how they drove it and took care of it. For a high-performance car like an M, this would be an even greater concern. I know how well I treat my cars, but I’m fully aware that not everyone has my lofty standards. There was actually a very nice low-mileage 2016 M4 on the lot in Charlotte (still there, in fact), and I’ll admit I was briefly tempted, but I just wasn’t willing to roll the dice.

https://www.hendrickbmw.com/used/BMW...a9e11e6148.htm

As far as being able to “say that I drive an M”, that might have had an impact on my decision if I cared what other people thought about my car, but I don’t. I realize different people have different reasons for buying a car, but I bought a BMW for me, not to impress others.
That guy is really an idiot lol. I did the same thing last year, first BMW and got a 440i. I did PCD and was thoroughly impressed. 2 guys in our groups had M4s and one had the MPerformance Exhaust...hearing that atrocious exhaust note sealed the deal for me that I had made the right decision It was also my first brand new car and seeing 7 miles on the dash when I first turned it on was rather satisfying.

I stopped paying attention to development after I bought mine and I'm very curious about your build. A few things I noticed:
1. I don't see stitching on your dash. Did they remove it?
2. How did you get projector headlights? I thought all LED headlights had reflector housings...I'm very jealous. Looks like they don't have the LCI DRLs either (the half-halos with a hexagon shape)
3. Have they made the display a touchscreen yet?

Hope you enjoy it.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII1934.00

      05-31-2018, 09:13 PM   #37
JamesWWIII
Sky Marshal
JamesWWIII's Avatar
United_States
1934
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i Coupe
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by kern417 View Post
I stopped paying attention to development after I bought mine and I'm very curious about your build. A few things I noticed:
1. I don't see stitching on your dash. Did they remove it?
2. How did you get projector headlights? I thought all LED headlights had reflector housings...I'm very jealous. Looks like they don't have the LCI DRLs either (the half-halos with a hexagon shape)
3. Have they made the display a touchscreen yet?

Hope you enjoy it.
I am definitely enjoying it.

I'll do my best to answer your questions...

1. There is stitching on the dash, but the dash is not leather, so I guess its just decorative.
2. I didn't feel like paying $2,500 for the "executive" package, so my headlights are whatever comes standard on the 4-series. I think they are LED, just not the adaptive version. I happen to prefer the round halos to the half-hexagon, so it worked out perfectly.
3. The display is touchscreen.
__________________
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Appreciate 1
kern417859.00

      06-01-2018, 08:09 AM   #38
kern417
Cheapskate
United_States
859
Rep
1,605
Posts

Drives: 2018 440i / 2010 X5
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Cincinnati

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
I am definitely enjoying it.

I'll do my best to answer your questions...

1. There is stitching on the dash, but the dash is not leather, so I guess it’s just decorative.
2. I didn't feel like paying $2,500 for the "executive" package, so my headlights are whatever comes standard on the 4-series. I think they are LED, just not the adaptive version. I happen to prefer the round halos to the half-hexagon, so it worked out perfectly.
3. The display is touchscreen.
Gotcha. I have the same decorative stitching, but I guess I just couldn't see it in the pics.

I'm jealous of your headlights. Normally the standard LEDs look like this, so the fact that you got projectors is a win to me. I don't know why BMW made their LED headlights have reflector housings on the 3/4 series. I guess they made a design change since they were getting such crappy safety ratings.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by umizoomi View Post
As long as 3-pedals are an option, I will exercise my right to suffer the handicap and indignity of slower shifts and reaction times.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2018, 09:14 AM   #39
CJ421
Brigadier General
CJ421's Avatar
United_States
430
Rep
3,583
Posts

Drives: 2017 F30 340i
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Blue Bell PA

iTrader: (1)

Garage List
Congratulations & nicely spec'd car!

Couldn't agree more about the Performance Center Delivery. Really a great experience.

Charles
__________________
2017 BMW 340i (F30) - M Sport, Mineral Gray/Coral Red, 6MT; Dinan exhaust
Past: 2011 335i (E92) - M Sport, Le Mans Blue/Black, 6MT
Appreciate 1
JamesWWIII1934.00

      06-03-2018, 01:01 AM   #40
JamesWWIII
Sky Marshal
JamesWWIII's Avatar
United_States
1934
Rep
330
Posts

Drives: 2019 440i Coupe
Join Date: May 2018
Location: South Carolina

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xantdieselx View Post
Beautiful car OP. I'm a bit biased towards MG but still. I've been to PCD and agree they are second to none. Good luck and enjoy!
Quote:
Originally Posted by amw896 View Post
nice whip - congrats!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ421 View Post
Congratulations & nicely spec'd car!

Couldn't agree more about the Performance Center Delivery. Really a great experience.
Thanks to all!

Still find myself daydreaming from time to time about my PCD...what an awesome way to pick up a new car!
__________________
2019 440i Coupe ///M Sport Design Mineral Grey Metallic Black Dakota/Blue Stitched leather Aluminum Dark Carbon/Pearl Gloss Chrome trim Track Handling Package Orbit Grey 398/Michelin PSS Driving Assistance Package Black Kidney Grilles Stainless Steel Pedals PCD 4/27/18
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 01:10 PM   #41
Elvisfan
Lieutenant
104
Rep
463
Posts

Drives: 2018 430ix convertible MGM
Join Date: Jun 2016
Location: Illinois

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Id rather drive a brand-new 440i (obviously).

Ive never relished the idea of buying a car thats been driven by someone else,

.
I know where you are coming from. Ive had dozens of new cars. Literally. However,I took such a beating on trading in my 2 year old 2 series that I decided to buy an executive car and save an extra few grand. We still spent too much on cars. Wife has a 17 and I have an 18. I like having a new car. I cant say anything about the new car smell because I lost my sense of smell years ago.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 02:26 PM   #42
BEAR-AvHistory
2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
BEAR-AvHistory's Avatar
494
Rep
3,217
Posts

Drives: 2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Raleigh, NC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
Thanks to all!

Still find myself daydreaming from time to time about my PCD...what an awesome way to pick up a new car!
Were you involved in the Hustler program?
__________________
Kevin

2018 440M-Sport MPPSK/THP - 2017 CX-5 - 2016 Genesis R-Spec Coupe 6MT - 2013 135is Cab 6MT/JB4 - 2009 V-Star - 2009 Expedition 4X4 - 1998 Ranger 4X4 5MT - 1965 Cobra MK-IV 5MT BUILD LOG
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 04:03 PM   #43
Digital_83
Private First Class
Digital_83's Avatar
United_States
127
Rep
181
Posts

Drives: '18 F36 430xD M Sport/THP
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Brooklyn, NY

iTrader: (0)

who cares about the car ... that house dude !!! lol
p.s. Congratulations man ! Enjoy it in good health
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2018, 06:40 PM   #44
NorCalAthlete
Second Lieutenant
NorCalAthlete's Avatar
United_States
30
Rep
227
Posts

Drives: FZ09, Durango RT
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: San Jose, CA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesWWIII View Post
There was actually a very nice low-mileage 2016 M4 on the lot in Charlotte (still there, in fact), and Ill admit I was briefly tempted, but I just wasnt willing to roll the dice.

https://www.hendrickbmw.com/used/BMW...a9e11e6148.htm
Hnnnnggghhhhhh . Only 13k miles too....not bad at all...and it's even in the exact color combo and everything that I'd take...Azurite black is my 2nd favorite just under Tanzanite...but I'd take either. Wonder if they'd take an even $50k for it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92ry View Post
I'm more impressed with your house in the background lol
+1. Definitely doesn't live in CA lol. House like that would be starting around $1.5M-$2M near me.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 PM.




f30post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST