F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Tmap harness repair help
Studio RSR

06-28-2019, 04:15 PM   #1
Blocke
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 AY M3

Tmap harness repair help

So I have been getting random CEL codes off and on for a while (P112E and P12A5). These relate to pressure differences between the MAF airflow, chargepipe pressure and intake manifold pressure. I got to checking the connections and wiring harness and found this. The intake manifold sensor harness looks like it was cut and repaired using some weird gummy butt connectors, then wrapped in black electrical tape. The wiring colors don’t match the OEM end of the harness, and the wires are all brittle.I’m pretty certain this wasn’t an OEM repair, or if it was, it looks like shoddy work. I’m the second owner of my car, bought it with 18k miles. Not sure why the Tmap would have been cut/repaired but whatever.

How can I go about repairing this in a more quality manner? Can the sensor plug be purchased with wire leads that I can then properly solder and heat shrink back onto the OEM harness? I tried searching but cannot find this type of plug.
View post on imgur.com
Appreciate 0
      06-30-2019, 03:15 PM   #2
///M248
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 F33 435i M Sport

Have a professional auto electrician cut the wires as far back as possible on the harness. Then rewire the plugs and solder and heat shrink.

Have this done on both chargepipe and manifold map sensors.

Shouldn’t cost more than $300
2014 F33 435i M Sport N55 EWG - MHD - Wagner HFC - VRSF 6" Race FMIC, CP & TIC - GFB DV+ - FuelIT Stage 3 525 - EOS PI - Turner Strut Brace - Bilstein B14 - M-LSD - Turner Aluminum Subframe Mounts - PowerFlex Adjustable LCA & TS Bushings - H&R Sway Bars - Dorch Stage 1 HPFP
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50
      10-21-2020, 03:40 AM   #3
tonymackers478
Registered
Rep
Drives: honda

Should have hired a good residential electrician Covington for that.
      10-21-2020, 02:08 PM   #4
thejeremyman9
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blocke View Post
So I have been getting random CEL codes off and on for a while (P112E and P12A5). These relate to pressure differences between the MAF airflow, chargepipe pressure and intake manifold pressure. I got to checking the connections and wiring harness and found this. The intake manifold sensor harness looks like it was cut and repaired using some weird gummy butt connectors, then wrapped in black electrical tape. The wiring colors don’t match the OEM end of the harness, and the wires are all brittle.I’m pretty certain this wasn’t an OEM repair, or if it was, it looks like shoddy work. I’m the second owner of my car, bought it with 18k miles. Not sure why the Tmap would have been cut/repaired but whatever.

How can I go about repairing this in a more quality manner? Can the sensor plug be purchased with wire leads that I can then properly solder and heat shrink back onto the OEM harness? I tried searching but cannot find this type of plug.
View post on imgur.com
Your picture didnt load for me but advice above is correct - you want a correct solder and heat shrink repair, use same gauge wire as OEM harness, etc.

To me, this is a sign that your car was modified by the PO. Possibly had meth injection or some other reason to tap into those sensors. Something to be aware of.
Appreciate 1
VipinLJ1941.50