F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > Time to change?
Extreme Powerhouse

10-11-2020, 06:59 AM   #133
mcoops
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Short term lease

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryans69 View Post
So in the spirit of recent purchases that seem to miss completely miss the point of the original post, we've just bought this

Attachment 2435086
Rented a Cali a few years back - they are great. The packaging is so clever, amazing what they pack in.

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 09:41 AM   #134
MashinBenzin
Major General
Rep
Drives: Eiger D5

Quote:
So in the spirit of recent purchases that seem to completely miss the point of the original post, we've just bought this

Attachment 2435086
Great purchase!!

Drives - 2020 LR Discovery HSE-L
Previous - 2019 LR Discovery HSE-L // 2016 F36 440i // 2009 E90 320D SE
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #135
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: iPace / Mini

Quote:
So in the spirit of recent purchases that seem to completely miss the point of the original post, we've just bought this

Attachment 2435086
Fab. Is the intention to use it for holidays, the odd night as a base for something else, or more of a day van to allow walking with dogs or something?
Appreciate 1
RustyBitz1573.50
      10-11-2020, 09:58 AM   #136
RustyBitz
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: X3M Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by isleaiw1 View Post
Quote:

Attachment 2435086
Fab. Is the intention to use it for holidays, the odd night as a base for something else, or more of a day van to allow walking with dogs or something?
Amazing, always wanted a camper van.

[url=https://www.deutschespeed.com/threads/the-bimmerpost-refugee-thread.561/]Car[/url]
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 10:51 AM   #137
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks

Holidays mainly. We tend to go camping a couple of times a year anyway, and especially when it's just a weekend or so loading the car, then setting up etc is always a faff. We hired one of these in August few a few days, and it worked a treat, once we got the hang of things. Wife plans to try and take the girls away somewhere very school holiday.

It will also be used as a day van though when out on the river or trips to the coast, nice to be able to cook up something warm after a bit of canoeing / paddleboarding etc

Depending on what happens next year, may do a trip to Spain to visit my parents, taking in a bit of Europe on the way

It does kind of make the 540 a bit redundant though......
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 01:07 PM   #138
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Thanks

Holidays mainly. We tend to go camping a couple of times a year anyway, and especially when it's just a weekend or so loading the car, then setting up etc is always a faff. We hired one of these in August few a few days, and it worked a treat, once we got the hang of things. Wife plans to try and take the girls away somewhere very school holiday.

It will also be used as a day van though when out on the river or trips to the coast, nice to be able to cook up something warm after a bit of canoeing / paddleboarding etc

Depending on what happens next year, may do a trip to Spain to visit my parents, taking in a bit of Europe on the way

It does kind of make the 540 a bit redundant though......
Sounds perfect. I am not sure I could do a week in one but a couple of nights for me and the dog it certainly appeals. I have no room or money for one sadly!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 01:10 PM   #139
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Sounds perfect. I am not sure I could do a week in one but a couple of nights for me and the dog it certainly appeals. I have no room or money for one sadly!
Why? Have you bought something? You currently have an M5 sized gap to fill.....
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2020, 01:14 PM   #140
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Why? Have you bought something? You currently have an M5 sized gap to fill.....
I have to allow for something in that gap - or a camper. And much as I like the idea of a camper, I’d prefer a car.... and a hotel when I need to go somewhere!
Appreciate 1
      10-12-2020, 03:11 AM   #141
Bryans69
Major
Rep
Drives: TTT, MGB (in bits), VW Camper

Garage List
Quote:
We'll have a drive-away awning for when we do a week in the same place, as I think that would test even our patience

Quote:
I have to allow for something in that gap - or a camper. And much as I like the idea of a camper, I’d prefer a car.... and a hotel when I need to go somewhere!
As much as I like a nice hotel, they don't really work when you have a young family, as you always end up going back to the room early, with often no-where to sit or keep the wine cold
Appreciate 0
      10-12-2020, 03:32 AM   #142
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
We'll have a drive-away awning for when we do a week in the same place, as I think that would test even our patience

As much as I like a nice hotel, they don't really work when you have a young family, as you always end up going back to the room early, with often no-where to sit or keep the wine cold
You use the wrong hotels...

Whisper it but I love self catering do what you want in your own time relaxation but in city centres or when on business, nice hotels win....

I think I am more likely to get the car and nick my brothers caravan though!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 07:55 AM   #143
TouringPleb
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: SRB 440i GC

So I've decided to stick with the 440i for now.

Like I said, I still love the car and I've decided to swallow any costs that come up between now and when I do eventually change. The deals aren't great at the moment, even through Park Lane. A new 420i coupe with no options and 8k a year, is £3 a month more than I'm paying for my 440i for 20k with some options! I know it's a new model but I'm not going to pay that.

I'm still interested in the Minis, the new S3 saloon looks good to me and intriguingly the M235i has crept onto the list but I'll need to see one in the metal. I'll keep looking around and I can move quickly if I need to, but I'm not going to change for the sake of it.

Edit: I saw a new Merc CLA the other day and that's a good looking car in AMG trim!
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 08:41 AM   #144
JustChris
General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Tesla MYRWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by TouringPleb View Post
So I've decided to stick with the 440i for now.

Like I said, I still love the car and I've decided to swallow any costs that come up between now and when I do eventually change. The deals aren't great at the moment, even through Park Lane. A new 420i coupe with no options and 8k a year, is £3 a month more than I'm paying for my 440i for 20k with some options! I know it's a new model but I'm not going to pay that.

I'm still interested in the Minis, the new S3 saloon looks good to me and intriguingly the M235i has crept onto the list but I'll need to see one in the metal. I'll keep looking around and I can move quickly if I need to, but I'm not going to change for the sake of it.

Edit: I saw a new Merc CLA the other day and that's a good looking car in AMG trim!
No decent deals around at all = everyone sit tight and dealers don't seem fussed about this either.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2020, 08:47 AM   #145
isleaiw1
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustChris View Post
No decent deals around at all = everyone sit tight and dealers don't seem fussed about this either.
At least one dealer group had their best Q3 results for an eternity and are handing back govt furlough cash for that period / not claiming for Q4. That's why dealers are as yet not too fussed...

There are some good deals around but tend to be very garage / model specific, often around stock they have....
Appreciate 0