F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Ski pass through, subwoofer setup idea.. Thoughts welcomed..
GetBMWParts

08-15-2018, 08:26 AM   #23
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoon_209 View Post
bavsound will be your best option for plug and play install and sounds great..

i installed it myself with no prior audio experience and only took a two hours and that included installing sound deadening material in the side of all the door and speaker area... plenty of reviews on this forum about bavsound... they even have a 100 day money back guarantee on their site if you dont like it...
Speaking of sound deadening.. Did that help out a lot with the doors rattling? My HK system makes my doors rattle on the outside and it sounds horrible, but BMW said that all F30's do it..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 09:06 AM   #24
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

The door speakers don't handle low frequencies and shouldn't push enough air to cause the doors to rattle, so if they're rattling they're probably resonating to the under seat woofer output. That may or may not be helped with damping. I had not noticed my doors rattling, but when I upgraded the crossovers in the front and added tweeters in the back I fully covered my doors with vinyl mastic. I figured I might as well since I had the door liners off, and while it might not help it couldn't hurt.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2018, 09:30 AM   #25
yoon_209
Masterchief
United_States
Rep
Drives: 20' BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastMode335i View Post
Quote:
bavsound will be your best option for plug and play install and sounds great..

i installed it myself with no prior audio experience and only took a two hours and that included installing sound deadening material in the side of all the door and speaker area... plenty of reviews on this forum about bavsound... they even have a 100 day money back guarantee on their site if you dont like it...
Speaking of sound deadening.. Did that help out a lot with the doors rattling? My HK system makes my doors rattle on the outside and it sounds horrible, but BMW said that all F30's do it..
if u blast the music close the door and step outside the car you can definitely hear the rattle and it's nasty....

the sound deadening mad a world of a difference. after pulling out the trim I lined the entire area near the speaker as well as the inner inside. you need to pull apart the foam material. I lined the inside behind the window as much as possible. jus by simply knocking on the door from the outside you can hear the difference. it's a solid this vs the hollow noise you hear. .

do it!

if you have the time I highly recommend. use gloves cause I cut up my hands alot from it
      08-22-2018, 08:30 AM   #26
BeastMode335i
Maximus Decimus Meridius
United_States
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

Quote:
if u blast the music close the door and step outside the car you can definitely hear the rattle and it's nasty....

the sound deadening mad a world of a difference. after pulling out the trim I lined the entire area near the speaker as well as the inner inside. you need to pull apart the foam material. I lined the inside behind the window as much as possible. jus by simply knocking on the door from the outside you can hear the difference. it's a solid this vs the hollow noise you hear. .

do it!

if you have the time I highly recommend. use gloves cause I cut up my hands alot from it
Awesome, thanks for the input bro I'll give it a shot.. I remember I used to Dynamat all my cars back in the day, but that was with 150dB of bass lol.. Kinda crazy that the factory system makes things rattle this bad, but I guess BMW Production Plant wasn't thumpin in the production line to notice this awful quality issue lol..
Appreciate 1
yoon_209353.50
      10-18-2020, 05:34 AM   #27
Youngjnr
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW E90 + BMW F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngjnr View Post
I did this in my e90 to let the bass into the cabin I think it sounds so much better you can turn the sub down everything sounded more balanced and that's just with simply adding this air whole in the ski pass I'm currently figuring out a way to do this to my f30 but I don't have a ski pass and it's just metal there I think
bumping this.... has anyone done a diy ski hole on a f30 yet I still want to get it open up somehow
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2020, 09:57 AM   #28
TheFanatic
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngjnr View Post
bumping this.... has anyone done a diy ski hole on a f30 yet I still want to get it open up somehow
This thread here they talked about a ski hole setup. pretty sure they have a link you can follow on it as well

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...woofer+upgrade
Appreciate 0