F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > Battery discharged while stopped
proTUNING Freaks

03-23-2024, 03:11 PM   #1
steezyf3X
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i

Battery discharged while stopped

Hello everyone, so I have been dealing with this notification every time I start the car after being off for more than 30 minutes to an hour+

Had the battery and alternator checked and both are healthy. My concern is that the splash shield broke while driving and my ambient temperature sensor broke as well with the wires being exposed now. Still waiting on the part but as of right now the car reads at -40 degrees Fahrenheit. Could this be the cause of excessive battery drain?

Also the only other possibility I was thinking was as I was changing the oil a couple days after the sensor broke I accidentally touched my socket wrench to some metal by the drain plug and sparks were emitted. Could this also cause the issue? Not sure what steps to take next.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 07:47 AM   #2
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

You have a parasitic power drain. There are a number of potential causes, broken wires being one of them. First things first, use your code reader to pull codes. BTW, there isn't anything by the drain plug that should have caused sparks, so that bears looking into.
Appreciate 2
Wires1645.50