F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > MG flasher - mobile App for B58 Fxx/Gxx tuning -- NOW LIVE!!!
Studio RSR

03-31-2020, 05:11 PM   #441
Brett530
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '17 F30 340i

I wanted to report a heart-stopping experience I had using MG Flasher.

I'm always super careful when I do flash updates. I turn off everything, airplane mode, make sure not to touch the cable or phone, plug in the seat belt, shallow breathing, etc.
This last time, I was doing a major update that I didn't realize was going to take as long as it did.

About 20% into the flashing, I had need to exit the car. Trying to be as smooth as I could, I was almost out. As I pulled my leg out of the car I hooked the flash cable with my foot and pulled the OBD-II connector right out of the dash!! Mid-flash! My heart stopped as I tried to not think about how I had just bricked my car.

After reconnecting the cable, I restarted the flash and got an error. Ok, suspending all panic and fears.. don't think about the possibilities, re-connected, starting from scratch, MG Flasher recognized the bad state; that was a good sign. The software went on to do a recovery and then restarted the flash. Flash completed successfully!

Thanks Jarek for taking the time to make a product more intelligent than some of its users.
      04-16-2020, 08:48 PM   #442
Jarek@JRAuto
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Canada
Rep

Drives: G20 340i

BMW G Series On-The-Fly Max Cooling and Burbles Update

MG Flasher update v212

Following up on our previous update for F series, MG Flasher now presents G series Max Cooling On-The-Fly and adjustable Burbles On-The-Fly! With a simple button combination sequence, you can enable these options without re-flashing the car!

A few other items were added or changed to improve user experience including:
- Free access for ALL users to reading ECU info or DTCs, clearing DTCs, reset ECU and to reset adaptation
- Logger no longer disables Bluetooth, could be used in conjunction with Dragy!
- In App user account registration
- Automatic feedback/support request added in App. Useful when connected car is not supported user can send more detailed information about their cars along with contact information to our support team
- Vmax (speed limiter) bug fix for certain models
- Loading screen will no longer block prompt for Custom Code update confirmation

Look out for Switchable Maps On-The-Fly along with support for newer ECUs soon!

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-10-2020 at 08:47 AM..
Appreciate 3
vcx81.50
kern4174446.50
      04-30-2020, 04:41 PM   #443
henkherrie
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: 2016 M140i

I see that version 2.8 of the flash is out. Is there anywhere I can check out the changelog?
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2020, 01:45 AM   #444
Zendo
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 335

Hi i was wondering if it is possible to flash from a windows computer?
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 08:56 AM   #445
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zendo View Post
Hi i was wondering if it is possible to flash from a windows computer?
MG Flasher is designed to be used with Android and iOS.
Appreciate 0
      05-22-2020, 09:19 AM   #446
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by henkherrie View Post
I see that version 2.8 of the flash is out. Is there anywhere I can check out the changelog?
There are more updates coming in the following days. These include:
• Lowered boost with improved control
• Improved load control
• Improved ignition timing
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2020, 01:24 PM   #447
Gzd97lude
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Any deals on pricing trying to decide to go mg flasher or bm3
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 05:10 AM   #448
Maxfusion
Rep
Drives: 320I XDrive

I caught a wild glitch right now - I definitely need to report it. On a warm car, stood right side on a low curb, the slope is 5-7 degrees. Starts up and immediately stalls, started only with a pedal. I got up exactly - all the rules. Under a bias - it stalls again. There are no errors on rheingold. Firmware for 98th, heating of the cat is disabled.
The feeling that you need to slightly increase the starting speed, by 50-70 rpm.
p.s. 320I B48 with stock exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2020, 06:23 AM   #449
InstigatorX
Private First Class
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i GC xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfusion View Post
I caught a wild glitch right now - I definitely need to report it. On a warm car, stood right side on a low curb, the slope is 5-7 degrees. Starts up and immediately stalls, started only with a pedal. I got up exactly - all the rules. Under a bias - it stalls again. There are no errors on rheingold. Firmware for 98th, heating of the cat is disabled.
The feeling that you need to slightly increase the starting speed, by 50-70 rpm.
Did you send them an email?

support@mgflasher.com

That's best way to get a quick response.
Appreciate 1
      06-09-2020, 07:11 AM   #450
Maxfusion
Rep
Drives: 320I XDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by InstigatorX View Post
Did you send them an email?

support@mgflasher.com

That's best way to get a quick response.
Just now)
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 10:35 AM   #451
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxfusion View Post
Hi, just sent you a email response. Thank you for letting us know! For anyone else experiencing this problem, we're working on a solution and will release a patch shortly.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2020, 10:37 AM   #452
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher - BMW Tuning App - User Experience Update ver. 225

Tuning your BMW should not have to be difficult; we focus on MG Flasher user experience at every opportunity. To help those with slower internet connections, we reduced the size of our OTS maps files by over 98%; downloading a map update is very fast now. We have also improved the synchronization of user/car info by removing the extra loading on each MY CAR page entry. Speed of purchase redemption is much faster too with the added benefit of a separate page called SYNC CAR where you can sync your licenses and OTS maps from all your devices (Android, iOS). Dealers will find the online shop now shows licenses linked to customer vehicles. Finally, the way we show available maps for each stage has been placed on the new AVAILABLE STAGE VERSIONS page. Current version and release date are indicated on screen when you are choosing between 91oct/95ron and 93oct/98ron maps. Furthermore, you can expand specific items to read what was changed in each release. Together with a few other technical improvements the overall speed has increased across the entire app.

The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-10-2020 at 08:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2020, 02:43 PM   #453
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher ENET Wi-Fi adapter for BMW F & G Series and Toyota Supra (J29)

Introducing MG Flasher's brand new ENET Wi-Fi adapter. Hassle free flashing with ENET Wi-Fi provides speeds 10x faster than K+DCAN and the convenience of wireless connectivity. Simply plug it into the OBDII port, connect to the new Wi-Fi hotspot on your mobile device and flash OTS map in just 20 seconds (first ECU unlock in 4 minutes)! You can also log your vehicle and read/clear DTC codes without additional finicky cables or USB adapters getting in your way. These adapters are also compatible with any other app that uses ENET connectivity.

Get it from Authorized Dealers or our shop: https://shop.mgflasher.com/enet-wifi-adapter

The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

Last edited by Jarek@JRAuto; 07-10-2020 at 03:27 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2020, 04:18 PM   #454
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

MG Flasher Beta Program for Newest BMW MG1 Bosch Aurix ECUs

MG Flasher is at the final stages of adding support for the newest MG1 Bosch ECUs with MCU TC29x (Aurix) found in Gen 2 (newest generations) B48/DME84T0 and B58/DME86T0 and we are offering beta software for interested participants. After thousands of flashes on our development car G20 M340i, we are finally opening the doors to the latest MG Flasher software. Next we will be adding Rolling Launch Control (Anti-lag) on the B48 and B58 platforms, which will be part of our unique custom code features (Switchable Maps, Max Cooling and Burbles On-The-Fly).

Beta program participants will receive a discount for all licenses used on supported Aurix ECUs and free access to our logger. At the time being, we are not offering our unique On-The-Fly options for Aurix ECUs, but they will be released shortly after. Launch software will include options like removal of OPF, cold start, catalytic converter and speed limiter; adjustability for burbles and target engine cooling temperature will also be available. Not all OTS maps will be available immediately, initial testers will receive custom map files tailored directly for their vehicles based on logs acquired with our logger. Interested parties who would like to join the beta program should contact us at info@mgflasher.com or message any of our social media pages. We are only taking applicants with eligible software and using a first come first serve system. We are looking forward to your feedback.

Please note, recently updated ECUs may have the latest software security that require manual unlock on the bench via select Authorized Dealers and tuners with bench tools. Best way to check is to connect via our app and contact us with your VIN.

The following vehicles may be supported (depending on software revision):
G20/G21/G28 - 318i/320i/330i/M340i
G29 - Z4 sDrive20i/sDrive30i/M40i
G07 - X7
G06 - X6
G05 - X5
G02 - X4 (New ECU revision)
G01 - X3 (New ECU revision)
G11/G12 - 730i/730Li & 740i/740Li
G14/G15/G16 - 840i/840i
G30/G31/G38 - 520i/530i/540i
G32 - 630i/640i
J29 - Toyota Supra
F40 - M135i

We would like to thank everyone who helped make this possible, our dealers; Artur and Tony from @a2performance, David from @performancecentre, Tony from @cpa.power, Anton from @bmw_chiptuning, Dmitry from @berkut.bmw, who have all worked hard to test the flashing process and search for bugs. We highly recommend @a2performance for custom tunes. Also, the many alpha testers who allowed us to develop software directly on their vehicles. And finally, the dedicated team of engineers who took precious time away from their families to spend countless late nights developing the app and maps to make a buttery smooth user experience and some fast cars.

If this was not enough for some of you, another sneak peek of what our team is working on; ANTILAG! Yes, that is right, Rolling Launch Control will be coming to MG Flasher. It would not be a true custom feature from MG Flasher if it did not have user adjustable features, so hold on to your seats for details on that! Supra AK-47 tunes are incoming!

The MG Flasher Team
www.MGFlasher.com

G20 M340i B58

G20 320i B48

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 01:28 PM   #455
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Switchable Maps On-The-Fly update for BMW F Series B58

MG Flasher update v234

First in the world, our entirely revised custom code for MG Flasher’s Switchable Map On-The-Fly feature brings officially support for F-Series B58. B48 and G series support will be rolling out in the following weeks. Our new custom code (v5.1) allows to switch between OTS Octane, Ethanol blends map, new Stage 2.5 (HPFP upgrade required) without the need to reflash the vehicle! Through a simple combination of the Brake Pedal, Accelerator Pedal and the Driver Select Switch you can quickly select between mapping. Please refer to OTS map release notes for which map slot contains which map.

Existing users should synchronize your App and update/flash new maps. Just before flashing you will be informed that the procedure will take approximately 3 – 4 minutes. This is a one-time flash that will not occur again unless new updates are released in this specific new code. Minimum OTS map version 2.11 is required to access Switchable Map option. Tuners should contact us about accessing Switchable Maps when using “Custom Flash Menu”.

Watch our instructional video on YouTube to see how it works and read our User Manual for details! F and G series vehicles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DSUhvuXu9c

Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pump support has also been added. From the flashing menu, select the HPFP Installed option for B58TU pump, Spool Performance FX-150 & FX-180 or Dorch Engineering Stage 1 & 2. This will allow the ECU to properly control the pump. To gain any performance benefits of these high flow pumps, you’ll also need to select a Stage 2.5 map (part of Switchable Maps option). Please refer to OTS map release notes for which map slot contains Stage 2.5.

When using Stage 2.5, it is required to have an upgraded HPFP (B58TU, Spool Performance FX-150 and FX-180 or Dorch Engineering Stage 1 and 2) and downpipe. To prevent unintentional damage, do not switch to this map without installing these upgrades and selecting HPFP Installed in the flashing menu first.

Custom Code version 5.1 also bring bug fixes and improvements to Cold Start Delete, Max Cooling and Burble On-The-Fly selection. Burbles will no longer change aggressiveness (eco to comfort) on its own with engine start. Switching Burble mode on F series now requires 4 MSA presses and to return to default requires 6 presses in any mode. F and G series share the same instructions now.

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #456
luca10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
MG Flasher update v234

First in the world, our entirely revised custom code for MG Flasher’s Switchable Map On-The-Fly feature brings officially support for F-Series B58. B48 and G series support will be rolling out in the following weeks. Our new custom code (v5.1) allows to switch between OTS Octane, Ethanol blends map, new Stage 2.5 (HPFP upgrade required) without the need to reflash the vehicle! Through a simple combination of the Brake Pedal, Accelerator Pedal and the Driver Select Switch you can quickly select between mapping. Please refer to OTS map release notes for which map slot contains which map.

Existing users should synchronize your App and update/flash new maps. Just before flashing you will be informed that the procedure will take approximately 3 – 4 minutes. This is a one-time flash that will not occur again unless new updates are released in this specific new code. Minimum OTS map version 2.11 is required to access Switchable Map option. Tuners should contact us about accessing Switchable Maps when using “Custom Flash Menu”.

Watch our instructional video on YouTube to see how it works and read our User Manual for details! F and G series vehicles: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DSUhvuXu9c

Upgraded High Pressure Fuel Pump support has also been added. From the flashing menu, select the HPFP Installed option for B58TU pump, Spool Performance FX-150 & FX-180 or Dorch Engineering Stage 1 & 2. This will allow the ECU to properly control the pump. To gain any performance benefits of these high flow pumps, you’ll also need to select a Stage 2.5 map (part of Switchable Maps option). Please refer to OTS map release notes for which map slot contains Stage 2.5.

When using Stage 2.5, it is required to have an upgraded HPFP (B58TU, Spool Performance FX-150 and FX-180 or Dorch Engineering Stage 1 and 2) and downpipe. To prevent unintentional damage, do not switch to this map without installing these upgrades and selecting HPFP Installed in the flashing menu first.

Custom Code version 5.1 also bring bug fixes and improvements to Cold Start Delete, Max Cooling and Burble On-The-Fly selection. Burbles will no longer change aggressiveness (eco to comfort) on its own with engine start. Switching Burble mode on F series now requires 4 MSA presses and to return to default requires 6 presses in any mode. F and G series share the same instructions now.

Regards,
The MG Flasher Team
www.mgflasher.com
I just tried the switching maps on the fly, it will not work. Am I doing anything wrong? I was running stage 2. I reflashed the car to the newest update. Had the car running, pressed the brake 5 times within 5 seconds and held on the brake the 5th time but it won't go into configuration mode
      07-30-2020, 04:17 PM   #457
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by luca10 View Post
I just tried the switching maps on the fly, it will not work. Am I doing anything wrong? I was running stage 2. I reflashed the car to the newest update. Had the car running, pressed the brake 5 times within 5 seconds and held on the brake the 5th time but it won't go into configuration mode
Please make sure you have the newest app installed with Custom Code v5.1 and OTS map v2.11 or newer. The switchable map marker must be also enabled.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2020, 04:26 PM   #458
luca10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarek@JRAuto View Post
Quote:
Please make sure you have the newest app installed with Custom Code v5.1 and OTS map v2.11 or newer. The switchable map marker must be also enabled.
What is v5.1? I do have the newest update for the app but I do not see switchable map enabled. Do you need the ots map bundle? I only have stage 2
      07-30-2020, 08:24 PM   #459
luca10
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

V.234 not on iOS, latest update is v.233. Tried to restart phone, update phone etc. still not available
      07-31-2020, 12:55 AM   #460
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
What is v5.1? I do have the newest update for the app but I do not see switchable map enabled. Do you need the ots map bundle? I only have stage 2
v5.1 is our latest revision of Custom Code, which enables switchable maps on supported vehicles. You only need an OTS Map License + Flashing License to gain access. Our OTS Map Bundle contains licensing for both Stage 1 and 2 (soon 3). If you're looking to install Stage 2.5, you will be able to do this with an OTS Stage 2 License + Flashing License.

You are correct with requiring the latest app update. Version 234 must be installed to see Switchable Maps (only on F-Series B58 for now).

We apologize for the inconvenience. Our iOS app update has been under review by Apple all day. Due to Covid-19, their review department is slower than usual. We're hoping that by tomorrow it will be available.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 03:41 AM   #461
comsearch
Registered
Rep
Drives: 440 ix convertible

What is the difference between Stage1 and Stage1+ ?
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2020, 09:53 AM   #462
Jarek@JRAuto
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by comsearch View Post
What is the difference between Stage1 and Stage1+ ?
Slight boost increase
Appreciate 0