F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UHP Tyres and Cold Weather
Extreme Powerhouse

02-07-2019, 07:04 AM   #1
TQMp5135
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i F32 6MT (MPPK, MPE)

UHP Tyres and Cold Weather

Hi all,

It is clear that ultra high performance tyres show diminishing performance in colder temperatures. However, many of us in the UK still find them perfectly fine to use during the winter and don't bother switching to winter tyres due to the fact that winters aren't that harsh here. I'd like to ask some questions out of curiosity...

1. For those of you that use UHP tyres (Michelin Pilot Super Sport / Pilot Sport 4s or similar), what is the coldest temperature you've ever driven them in?

2. Has anyone in the UK ever experienced cracking of their UHP tyre in cold temperatures and if so, what tyre was it and how cold was it?

My MPS4S's have been fine so far in the winter but wanted to see what other people's experiences are.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0