F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK - Off Topic > What would you do?
Studio RSR

03-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #45
Kal101
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335xd Msport +

Garage List
Good on you for doing your bit.

Reckon that’s not the first car he’s hit ,just seemed too confident on getting away and carrying on with his day.

Think it would be justice if he did loose his job for driving away.
      03-17-2019, 11:46 AM   #46
jimbobiggens
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Garage List
I'm pretty sure that guy got fired, I used to drive for UPS, in Chicago. When I got hired, they made it very clear if I had any kind of accident on or off the clock I was fired, no questions asked, no wiggle room. Reason being they were self insured and had a no tolerance policy for careless drivers. I ended up getting fired because a tractor-trailer carrying gasoline had overturned on the Dan Ryan. Traffic was totally stopped. Nothing to do but pull up to the end of the line and wait - the guy behind me didn't stop and I got rear-ended.
      03-17-2019, 02:20 PM   #47
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbobiggens View Post
I'm pretty sure that guy got fired, I used to drive for UPS, in Chicago. When I got hired, they made it very clear if I had any kind of accident on or off the clock I was fired, no questions asked, no wiggle room. Reason being they were self insured and had a no tolerance policy for careless drivers. I ended up getting fired because a tractor-trailer carrying gasoline had overturned on the Dan Ryan. Traffic was totally stopped. Nothing to do but pull up to the end of the line and wait - the guy behind me didn't stop and I got rear-ended.
Sacking people in the UK is a damn sight harder than it is in the US. Which in most cases is a very good thing.
Appreciate 3
j.s.48.50
      03-21-2019, 01:01 PM   #48
agentorange
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Sacking people in the UK is a damn sight harder than it is in the US. Which in most cases is a very good thing.
Indeed. Many employers in the US think they own you. Co-worker's wife had this conversation when her boss called to ask her to go in on her day off.

Boss: "J, I need you to come in, R has called in sick"

J: "Sorry boss, but I'm in California right now (350 miles away) attending a wedding".

Boss: "WHAT!!! Who said you could leave town?"

Boss wasn't joking.
Appreciate 0