F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Can’t order a new car!
Extreme Powerhouse

04-11-2019, 04:21 AM   #45
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Q7 & Clubman JCW on order

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveA View Post
I suspect that the reason that these companies have their EU bases in Ireland is actually a combination of two things... Firstly that Ireland is an EU member state, so allowing free trade from it across the Union, and secondly that Ireland then offers them a competitive tax regime... If Ireland were to leave the EU it is doubtful these companies would retain their EU-wide businesses in Ireland...

Reducing corporation tax here after a hard brexit does not hurt the EU... As these companies would still want to trade within the EU from an EU base, they would still need an EU base so, at best, would only locate their UK business arms here... and then it only hurts our potential tax revenue... if they don't already move the profits offshore in licensing fees, that is...

In a form of brexit with a trade deal, it is likely that the scope to do such things in order to try and get EU business to locate here would likely be limited...
Details, details, you're ruining zerofx's, Farage sound bite inspired, view of the post Brexit utopia that's heading our way.
Appreciate 1
DaveA1873.50
      04-11-2019, 07:31 AM   #46
Nham68
Private
England
Rep
Drives: M340i touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goneinsixtyseconds View Post
Details, details, you're ruining zerofx's, Farage sound bite inspired, view of the post Brexit utopia that's heading our way.

I shouldn’t , but i will, can’t resist : wonder if it’s really Stanley and Pammy ...
Appreciate 4
      04-11-2019, 08:19 AM   #47
ZeroFx
Major
Rep
Drives: M4x

Quote:
I suspect that the reason that these companies have their EU bases in Ireland is actually a combination of two things... Firstly that Ireland is an EU member state, so allowing free trade from it across the Union, and secondly that Ireland then offers them a competitive tax regime... If Ireland were to leave the EU it is doubtful these companies would retain their EU-wide businesses in Ireland...

Reducing corporation tax here after a hard brexit does not hurt the EU... As these companies would still want to trade within the EU from an EU base, they would still need an EU base so, at best, would only locate their UK business arms here... and then it only hurts our potential tax revenue... if they don't already move the profits offshore in licensing fees, that is...

In a form of brexit with a trade deal, it is likely that the scope to do such things in order to try and get EU business to locate here would likely be limited...

Firstly there is no need to be located in the EU to trade inside the EU. The reason they are in Ireland is 15% Corp tax. Digital services have no borders and they can book profits in Ireland and keep them hidden from the US government off shore. Even a cut to 10% in the UK would have the same effect.

It is also statisitcally proven that lower tax = higher total takings.

Also profits are not off shore due to licence fees they are already off shore as they are booked in Ireland which is the ONLY reason they are there to begin with. As no company would set up in ireland if it wasnt for the tax benefits. Recruitment pool is limited, the infrastructure is limited and the logistics mean that nearly everything goes via the UK!

The UK is a top 5 world economy which is why we are being black mailed by the EU because we are a threat to them and their project.

Singapore has 0% corp tax and is one of the richest nations per capita in the world. Why do you think Dyson has buggered off there!

In the short term we are going to feel pain. Long term we will be better off.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 08:20 AM   #48
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
How often can one person be wrong? You are very good at it, maybe you'll set a record on here.

My car is under its mileage by a few thousand, I can afford it but don't see the sense in running two luxury cars in one household when we don't need to.

I've VT'd before and never had a problem, been very simple. Not sure why you think it will be difficult. Usually you troll and scaremonger about things you don't understand, so I guess this will be similar.

And the more successful and richer people than you, call it a trade deficit, not a trade loss, because that is the correct economic terminology.
I did read that you had a 8k mile pcp doing 20-25k miles a year so you have suddenly changed your tune.

you made a whole post about how you were going to VT and not pay the mileage charges!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 08:23 AM   #49
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroFx View Post
I did read that you had a 8k mile pcp doing 20-25k miles a year so you have suddenly changed your tune.

you made a whole post about how you were going to VT and not pay the mileage charges!
No you didn't read that, wrong person.

Stupid is as stupid does. Keep going.
Appreciate 1
Dyl432.50
      04-11-2019, 08:28 AM   #50
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:
Wrong person.

Jesus, that is an amazing set of posts isn't it. I've never seen someone so consistently wrong but batter on regardless. Incredible.

I bet under education on his facebook it says 'studied at the university of life'.
Appreciate 2
      04-11-2019, 09:02 AM   #51
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyl View Post
Jesus, that is an amazing set of posts isn't it. I've never seen someone so consistently wrong but batter on regardless. Incredible.

I bet under education on his facebook it says 'studied at the university of life'.
I suspect he's not finished yet......
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #52
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
No you didn't read that, wrong person.

There are so many 440i owners on this forum on PCP i get you all confused.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #53
aquazi
Major
Rep
Drives: 18 M4C

Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:24 AM   #54
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:

As aposed to the debt fueled new car brigade on this forum limited to 8k miles per year with their car sitting on the drive barely being used because they cant afford to drive it.

Must be fun running those 440i for 20 miles a day!
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:30 AM   #55
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:

See, I told you, once he starts, the stupid just won't stop flowing.

He doesn't understand how a new car on pcp can often be cheaper than a pre reg or nearly new. For at least a year he's been proving that.

And every thread that is even loosely related, he comes along and proves it yet again.

Usually to the detriment to the actual topic of the thread, spoiling it for everyone else who isn't obsessed with this one subject.
Appreciate 2
FSE23256.00
      04-11-2019, 09:34 AM   #56
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
See, I told you, once he starts, the stupid just won't stop flowing.

He doesn't understand how a new car on pcp can often be cheaper than a pre reg or nearly new. For at least a year he's been proving that.

And every thread that is even loosely related, he comes along and proves it yet again.

Usually to the detriment to the actual topic of the thread, spoiling it for everyone else who isn't obsessed with this one subject.
Except that its not is it.

Or are you going to use your straw pole argument of 1/100 sales where you get 0% finance, massive discount on an end of life model plus your imaginary 40k cash that you have sitting in the stockmarket making double digit returns every year.

Fact is most PCP is 6%+ on a model which people still want to buy.

Discounts are around 10% normally not 25%

Most people dont have the cash anyway so PCP is their only option.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:36 AM   #57
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
As aposed to the debt fueled new car brigade on this forum limited to 8k miles per year with their car sitting on the drive barely being used because they cant afford to drive it.

I think these people are just in your imagination, not sure they exist.

Mine's on 25,000 miles a year. It gets driven plenty.

I make money on every mile it moves, as over 80% of my miles are work miles and I get 21 pence per mile, which more than covers the fuel.

In fact in my personal circumstances I'm even better off than I would be in a diesel, because I'd be claiming less per mile. I know you're not very good at looking at other people's circumstances, every deal and choice gets judged to fit your circumstances only. Which is why it's very hard to discuss anything with you.

The only people I've heard on 8,000 miles, are those who have a short work commute, in which case that's all they need.

Only one person on the whole forum has banged on about abusing the VT system and going over his miles, and even though everyone else on here can remember clearly who that is, it's escaped you.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 09:37 AM   #58
Lincoln61
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 430d Msport+

I think this sums it up!
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
      04-11-2019, 09:46 AM   #59
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Except that its not is it.

Or are you going to use your straw pole argument of 1/100 sales where you get 0% finance, massive discount on an end of life model plus your imaginary 40k cash that you have sitting in the stockmarket making double digit returns every year.

Fact is most PCP is 6%+ on a model which people still want to buy.

Discounts are around 10% normally not 25%

Most people dont have the cash anyway so PCP is their only option.
You are on a BMW forum, low Apr's are there nearly all the time for BMW and discounts are usually huge from not much after day 1.

My car was pretty much the very first facelift 4 series gran coupe in the country, so no where near an end of life model.

It was 1.9% Apr and 26% discount. There wasn't a single pre reg or nearly new car for sale cheaper than I paid for new, and the interest rates were higher on the used.

The only cars that stay high on Apr's all the time are in demand SUV's, everything else will have offers on sometime in the year.

I guess you're never going to work this out for yourself. But, the reason no one else EVER agrees with you......have you got there yet, I'm guessing not.....is because you're WRONG.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 09:54 AM   #60
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

The title of the thread should actually put ZeroFx in a good mood.

Man in can't get new car on PCP shocker....
      04-11-2019, 10:02 AM   #61
Dyl
Captain
Rep
Drives: 4GC

Quote:

That is almost certainly bullshit, but how people arrange their finances has got fuck all to do with you.

You seem to think because you don't have pcp finance on your car you are somehow superior to people that have. Lots of people on this forum don't but don't swagger round like Liam Gallagher high on beak.
Appreciate 1
      04-11-2019, 10:08 AM   #62
Goneinsixtyseconds
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
That is almost certainly bullshit, but how people arrange their finances has got fuck all to do with you.

You seem to think because you don't have pcp finance on your car you are somehow superior to people that have. Lots of people on this forum don't but don't swagger round like Liam Gallagher high on beak.
I'm pretty sure he once said he had a loan, just not a pcp.

So, he's not got the best finance suited to a car purchase. But it's ok, because he knows how a loan works, he can use his abacus to work out his payments and interest rate.
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 10:26 AM   #63
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Quote:

Firstly there is no need to be located in the EU to trade inside the EU. The reason they are in Ireland is 15% Corp tax. Digital services have no borders and they can book profits in Ireland and keep them hidden from the US government off shore. Even a cut to 10% in the UK would have the same effect.

It is also statisitcally proven that lower tax = higher total takings.

Also profits are not off shore due to licence fees they are already off shore as they are booked in Ireland which is the ONLY reason they are there to begin with. As no company would set up in ireland if it wasnt for the tax benefits. Recruitment pool is limited, the infrastructure is limited and the logistics mean that nearly everything goes via the UK!

The UK is a top 5 world economy which is why we are being black mailed by the EU because we are a threat to them and their project.

Singapore has 0% corp tax and is one of the richest nations per capita in the world. Why do you think Dyson has buggered off there!

Oh, well that's all right then...

(I'm being a bit sarcastic but can't be bothered really discussing as you don't seem in the mood to discuss - trading from outside the EU is governed by whatever the trade agreement you have with the EU, so, yes, whilst you can trade into EU from outside, you cannot do so with the same tax/tarif regime etc, hence why the global corps have an EU base)...

So, err, little detail, but, you know, in the spirit of reasoned debate and all that... Let's think about that "short term" pain for longer gain thing...

How do you propose to help and look after those who will be impacted in the short term (and what is the short term..10 years, 20 years, 50 years?), how do we bridge the gap for those who will (no doubt) be significantly impacted..???

How will you, say, help a person who's business folds because of the withdrawal of access to the single market..? This could be massively impactful for a lot of people.

With an impact on the economy forecast to be up to 8% (no deal) that would be some pretty big wallop of "short term" pain... (by way of comparison, that is in the order of 8 to 16 times the impact of the downturn that we are still struggling with and are not yet recovered from)....

I am sure that many folk would be interested to hear the detail of how we do these things.... Because these are the details we do not hear...
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 1
Wills28656.00
      04-11-2019, 10:38 AM   #64
DaveA
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: BMW M135i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nham68 View Post
Quote:

I shouldn’t , but i will, can’t resist : wonder if it’s really Stanley and Pammy ...
Brilliant.. I remember this at the time... 😃
CAR HISTORY - Golf GTI 245 - F30 340i M Sport - F30 330d M Sport MPPK - F30 320d Sport - 997 Gen2 GT3 - 987 Cayman S - 986 Boxster S - Ibiza Cupra - Polo 16v - E30 M3 (Official GB import) - Integra 16v - Mk2 Polo S - Mk1 Golf C
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 11:00 AM   #65
ZeroFx
Major
Rep

Quote:
I'm pretty sure he once said he had a loan, just not a pcp.

So, he's not got the best finance suited to a car purchase. But it's ok, because he knows how a loan works, he can use his abacus to work out his payments and interest rate.
No.

Not used finance on a car for 15 years.

Also never seen a new car be anywhere near 26% off right after the refresh and 1.9% unless its a unpopular model nobody wants and depreciation is even worse on those

Fact is that nobody would buy the demos or the used models if new cars were cheaper would they as they would just buy new. With Car brokers you can always see what the best deals are out there now also.

I have only lost about 17k off what i paid for my car in 60k miles and 3.5 years of ownership. Had i bought new with finance costs then id be looking at 8k more depreciation and 3-6k in interest payments
Appreciate 0
      04-11-2019, 11:04 AM   #66
Wills2
Barge driver
Ukraine
Rep
Drives: 730d

Quote:

I'd love to hear the specifics of the "better off part"