F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > AC Blower Noise - But not a leaf in the fan.
proTUNING Freaks

07-06-2016, 07:17 AM   #1
tomr1985
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadow Edition

Garage List
AC Blower Noise - But not a leaf in the fan.

I have been getting a noise from the centre console when the AC/fan is running which I thought was the leaf/debris in the blower motor issue.

I have removed the pollen filter and cleaned, removed the blower motor and cleaned the fan and even inside the motor itself. Removed some polystyrene, a feather, a bit of polythene and a bug, so thought that would resolve the issue but it hasn't.

I thought that the fan could be catching on the inside of the housing, but the vibration/motor noise seems to be effected by the RPM of the engine i.e. higher revs results in faster/louder noise.

I read about the AC hose issue on N55 engines here....

http://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=949816

...but the hose layout is different so I don't think it is exactly the same issue but could definitely be similar.

Has anyone had any experience of this or even a solution? Any help would be much appreciate because it does my head in.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      07-06-2016, 01:15 PM   #2
maverick83
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F20 M135i

Exactly what I had. Start off with getting the dealer to check the gas level. As far as I know they drain the gas and "weigh" it.

I had AC compressor replaced, AC vacuum pipe, expansion valve and eventually the Evaporator which was the culprit.

It would leak 200g of gas in one day and the AC would become noisy.

All resolved now.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2016, 02:38 AM   #3
tomr1985
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2018 F31 340i Shadow Edition

Garage List
Thanks for the guidance. Guess I'll have to get it looked at, sounds like it's beyond a fit for me.
Appreciate 0