F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
ARMA SPEED

07-28-2021, 06:43 PM   #4115
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by shqipmafija View Post
Hi guys,
Thanks for this incredible resource.
I actually have an X5, with a PAMP branded Android 10 head unit (KSW-Q-Userdebug v.2.8.3).
The Bluetooth audio quality playing music is absolutely horrible (too much bass, poor definition etc).

I see the option in the system settings for Android Bluetooth and OEM Bluetooth.

Is there a way to use OEM Bluetooth and also continue to use Zlink?
You can either use OEM Bluetooth or Android's but it's only for phone calls. Bluetooth music streaming on Android is only accessible via the phone/Bluetooth app. Zlink uses WiFi for CarPlay. But I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve here. If you manage to have CarPlay on Android screen and audio via OEM Bluetooth (I don't think this is even remotely possible) you then don't have any control over what's going on. You would have to set iDrive to Bluetooth sound source, switch to Android, say goodbye to any sound on Android, and have CarPlay on the screen? Doesn't make much sense to me.

Quote:
Also, Iím trying to put an M Performance boot logo on the unit but couldnít find any .img files. Can anyone provide a link to one?

Thanks so much.
Theming thread is linked in the first post.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:39 AM   #4116
shqipmafija
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 F15 XDrive50i

Thanks so much for the quick response.
The reason I was trying to use OEM Bluetooth in the first place was because the quality coming out of the android unit on zlink was awful (booming bass, random 1 second cut outs, bad audio quality).

I thought if I switched the Bluetooth it would fix it but apparently that isnít possible.

Do you have any general suggestions for the best adjustments to volume settings on the HU and iDrive to improve this? I have the Harmann system and it is selected in the settings.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:57 AM   #4117
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks so much for the quick response.
The reason I was trying to use OEM Bluetooth in the first place was because the quality coming out of the android unit on zlink was awful (booming bass, random 1 second cut outs, bad audio quality).

I thought if I switched the Bluetooth it would fix it but apparently that isn’t possible.

Do you have any general suggestions for the best adjustments to volume settings on the HU and iDrive to improve this? I have the Harmann system and it is selected in the settings.
There is no setting that will improve audio quality. It's the Android's hardware that is at fault here. To bypass that you would need an external DAC like FiiO E10K which will vastly improve sound quality. Not sure if Zlink is causing issues on it's own as I don't use it, but judging by other users feedback I would says it's pretty shit as well. Better option would be to buy Carlinkit and use it instead of Zlink.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 09:26 AM   #4118
megatm
Rep
Drives: BMW X4 F26 x28i

I think you have some options:
1. Use OEM Bluetooth to play audio, and select AUX mode manual. This way you can use Android maps without sound, browser, obd2 monitoring apps.
2. Use music from local headunit, not Bluetooth, tidal hifi, flac, and select aftermarket amplifier option in settings even if you have harman original amplifier.
3. Use a DAC, I suggest FiiO Btr5, because you can you USB mode or Bluetooth with best quality in aux mode.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 09:34 AM   #4119
nobuno
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535I 335I

Android 11 of ALS will be released! I will test it at a later date. Snapdragon 662
Appreciate 2
      07-29-2021, 09:50 AM   #4120
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobuno View Post
Android 11 of ALS will be released! I will test it at a later date. Snapdragon 662
Once you have your unit and want to share your experience, please do it here https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1832178
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 02:06 PM   #4121
GtiGyver
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 Jerez Black E90 M3 MT

Does anyone that uses the stock video app have issues with the screen ratio where all videos are stretched (distorted) to the full screen, regardless of the original video content aspect ratio?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 03:04 PM   #4122
shqipmafija
Registered
Rep

Thanks again for the reply.
I have ordered the E10k.
What is the procedure for installation, just connect it to power, then connect the line that was plugged into my AUX from the head unit into the E10 and the other end back out of the E10 into the AUX port?
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 04:17 PM   #4123
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Thanks again for the reply.
I have ordered the E10k.
What is the procedure for installation, just connect it to power, then connect the line that was plugged into my AUX from the head unit into the E10 and the other end back out of the E10 into the AUX port?
It goes like that:
Android HU > USB port (one of the two) > USB cable > FiiO E10K USB input port > MAGIC and UNICORNS > FiiO 3.5mm output port > quality audio cable > car's AUX port
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2021, 10:30 PM   #4124
onlinemanx
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30

Small screen in my HD

Hi friends,

Could you please guide me how to fix Small screen as attached.

Thanks
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 04:03 PM   #4125
shqipmafija
Registered
Rep

So the Fiio needs to be plugged into the USB of the android for the magic and unicorns to function?
It wonít work with an aux plugged into the input and an aux plugged into the output?
Does it need some special software on android?

Thanks so much again. Still learning ☺️

Also, if I was to update my maps, the VIN used to generate an FSC code doesnít change because Iíve added an android HU, right? I thought that was only the case if the HU came off of another car.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2021, 07:04 PM   #4126
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
So the Fiio needs to be plugged into the USB of the android for the magic and unicorns to function?
It wonít work with an aux plugged into the input and an aux plugged into the output?
No, think about it for a second. DAC - digital to analogue converter, as the name implies, converts digital audio (0s and 1s) to analogue audio (wave). If you use AUX output of Android then you already feeding analogue signal and there is nothing left to process. The whole issues with Android is the fact that built in DAC is shit and you want to bypass it by using an external one.

Quote:
Does it need some special software on android?
Thanks so much again. Still learning ☺️
No, but it has a fancy knob and couple of switches.

Quote:
Also, if I was to update my maps, the VIN used to generate an FSC code doesnít change because Iíve added an android HU, right? I thought that was only the case if the HU came off of another car.
Heavens forbit, no. If Android would be doing anything with the VIN I'm pretty sure there would be riots and places would be burning. It's a glorified tablet with ability to understand few buttons and couple of other minor thigs.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2021, 05:50 PM   #4127
MonyoF36
Philippines
Rep
Drives: BMW 420D

Hi, my CarPlay is getting disconnected a few times per ride. It's got a little lag too, like 2 sec delay on songs.

I have 625 1920x720 Android 10 Unit 4GB Ram, 64GB Storage.

What I tried:
  • Removed Sync Contacts
  • Tried device types
  • Turned on aftermarket amplifier in Factory Settings

Any fix to this?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:24 AM   #4128
engelj13
Rep
Drives: 2013 X5 E70 x35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
No, think about it for a second. DAC - digital to analogue converter, as the name implies, converts digital audio (0s and 1s) to analogue audio (wave). If you use AUX output of Android then you already feeding analogue signal and there is nothing left to process. The whole issues with Android is the fact that built in DAC is shit and you want to bypass it by using an external one.

No, but it has a fancy knob and couple of switches.

Heavens forbit, no. If Android would be doing anything with the VIN I'm pretty sure there would be riots and places would be burning. It's a glorified tablet with ability to understand few buttons and couple of other minor thigs.
How do you too the Android Head Unit to push the audio out via USB vs the aux cable?
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 08:26 AM   #4129
RedErik
Captain
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by engelj13 View Post
How do you too the Android Head Unit to push the audio out via USB vs the aux cable?
You don't, USB has priority.
Appreciate 0
      Yesterday, 10:06 AM   #4130
Jukka63
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw F22

Many,many thanks to Red Erik .My problem is now solved.The problem was audiocable (audio aux) right chanel pin was damaged or had poor contact.

Jukka63
Appreciate 0