F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > FSC Codes - do BMW charge dealers for them?
Studio RSR

09-29-2018, 06:10 AM   #23
Nunaat
Private
Rep
Drives: E34 525tds F33 420d I01 bmw i3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnsheridan View Post
To repair Cancelled FSC, you must delete all FSC Codes from Head Unit and replace them with the original ones. PM sent.
Hi again Shawn, I did a retrofit in my bmw i3 adding 5at. I installed the kafas ecu and changed the windscreen. A friend got a fsc code from a russian guy and the 5at worked fine. Can i export the fsc code to avoid losing it after dealer programming? using esys? thanks.
      09-29-2018, 08:30 AM   #24
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunaat View Post
Hi again Shawn, I did a retrofit in my bmw i3 adding 5at. I installed the kafas ecu and changed the windscreen. A friend got a fsc code from a russian guy and the 5at worked fine. Can i export the fsc code to avoid losing it after dealer programming? using esys? thanks.
Dealer Programming does not delete FSC Code.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 01:17 PM   #25
1aBimmer
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 530D

Quote:
PM sent.
Hi Shawn..

Is that really possible? to obtain original FSC for dead HU CIC?
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2018, 03:07 PM   #26
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1aBimmer View Post
Hi Shawn..

Is that really possible? to obtain original FSC for dead HU CIC?
PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2019, 02:52 AM   #27
Soussef24
Rep
Drives: Volvo XC60 D5 Momentum MY11

Quote:
Well, I know people that order and get FSC Codes for anything, whether their car has the original factory car options for the feature or not, and even where there is no official retrofit for such, and the order is not rejected. People with older CCC iDrive Systems unofficially retrofit CIC iDrive systems, and they order and get FSC Codes for Navigation and Voice Recognition for their VIN's, even without Option Code 609 Navigation Preofessional. For my car VIN, I ordered and received an FSC Code for BMW Apps, and I do not have Option Code 6NR in my vehicle order, nor any official retrofit of it. So, this is all doable.

But, if the car is brought to the dealer for programming, and ISTA/P performs a Measures Plan, assuming it can get past the hardware check (e.g. looking for CCC and can't find it because car has CIC), ISTA/P will Cancel the FSC Code in ECU when it determines that the Vehicle Order on BMW AG's server does not have the Option Code to warrant having the FSC Code.
Hi shawnsheridan, thanks for your explanations, I'm trying to understand how things work.

I understood that ISTA/P doesn't delete the FSC code but rather cancels it, and according to you there's some "repair" process to get its status from "cancelled" to "accepted". So I guess that status is at the Car/ECU level and has nothing to do with BMW AG's servers, because the Car doesn't connect to a server in real time to check the FSC codes (it happens only during the Measures Plan).

You say that some people can generate FSC codes regardless of the Car's original factory options. But what I still don't understand is where these FSC codes come from. Are they coming somehow through BMW or are there people who managed to "reverse engineer" the generators and can generate the FSC Codes independently from BMW? Let's say I purchase a CarPlay activation somewhere (since anyhow in my country the option isn't available even with the S609), would that code somehow come from BMW? I'm asking because many of the guys selling FSC Code in eBay ask you to send the correct VIN and say that they would have purchased the code even if you send a incorrect VIN, and thus cannot generate it back for you since they already paid it? So, from whom do they get it?

Also, I have read somewhere in the forums that dealers/BMW do not use FSC codes but rather use provisioning, which contradicts the fact that my dealer will use an FSC code to enable Navigation once I chose which one I want (Europe or North Africa) and the information and PDF in this thread. So I believe what they meant by provisioning is the fact the dealer provisions the FSC code purchase in BMW's ASAP portal as opposed to external sources that generate the codes without provisioning them into BMW's systems?

Last edited by Soussef24; 01-09-2019 at 03:12 AM.. Reason: precision
Appreciate 1
chr12.00
      01-09-2019, 02:57 PM   #28
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soussef24 View Post
Hi shawnsheridan...
You say that some people can generate FSC codes regardless of the Car's original factory options. But what I still don't understand is where these FSC codes come from. Are they coming somehow through BMW or are there people who managed to "reverse engineer" the generators and can generate the FSC Codes independently from BMW? Let's say I purchase a CarPlay activation somewhere (since anyhow in my country the option isn't available even with the S609), would that code somehow come from BMW? I'm asking because many of the guys selling FSC Code in eBay ask you to send the correct VIN and say that they would have purchased the code even if you send a incorrect VIN, and thus cannot generate it back for you since they already paid it? So, from whom do they get it?

Also, I have read somewhere in the forums that dealers/BMW do not use FSC codes but rather use provisioning, which contradicts the fact that my dealer will use an FSC code to enable Navigation once I chose which one I want (Europe or North Africa) and the information and PDF in this thread. So I believe what they meant by provisioning is the fact the dealer provisions the FSC code purchase in BMW's ASAP portal as opposed to external sources that generate the codes without provisioning them into BMW's systems?
I cant speak to what any one seller has told you, and I don't like generalizing, as there are too many variables involved (e.g. Head Unit Type, FSC Code AppID, OEM FSC Code, non-OEM FSC Code, etc.) What is possible in one set of circumstances, may not be in others.

That said, in general, you can get new OEM FSC Codes issued for your car's VIN from BMW AG, if you are willing to pay insanely high prices for them. You can always use already issued OEM FSC Codes from another VIN, and then use Emulator hardware to trick car into thinking Donor FSC Code VIN matches car VIN. Beyond that, for some Head Units such as CIC, NBT, and NBT2, it is possible to "patch" head unit to accept generated non-OEM FSC Codes. When you deal with sellers, many of which are simply re-sellers, they have costs and or labor on their side. If one provides Seller wrong VIN and they deliver their product, they should not expect free replacement as whatever cost structure they have on their side will be repeated to make a replacement.

As for Provisioning in lieu of FSC Codes, this is applicable only for BMW Apps and CarPlay and in certain Head Units, not all. Cars with factory Option 6AK Connected Drive Services (BMW Apps) and 6CP CarPlay get enabled by BMW AG via Provisioning, not FSC Code. For non-factory solution, FSC Codes can be used in lieu of the Provisioning. In the case of BMW Apps, that FSC Code can be either OEM or non-OEM; however, in case of CarPlay, that FSC Code is almost always non-OEM, as BMW AG will not sell CarPlay FSC Code.

Appreciate 4
chr12.00
chowser512025.00
Poochie9103.00
      10-30-2019, 09:25 AM   #29
skridsko
Registered
Rep
Drives: MINI Cooper

Hi Shawn,

I'd like to check if CarPlay can be enabled on my HU. Can you drop me a PM please? Thanks!
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 03:38 PM   #30
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by skridsko View Post
Hi Shawn,

I'd like to check if CarPlay can be enabled on my HU. Can you drop me a PM please? Thanks!
PM sent.

Appreciate 1
      10-30-2019, 09:11 PM   #31
PichaDis11
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 N52

Quote:
PM sent.
Hi Shawn, I have same request for Car Play in my car as well. Send a PM please.
      10-30-2019, 09:59 PM   #32
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:35 PM   #33
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 / AH3

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by PichaDis11 View Post
PM sent.
What is the most cost efficient way to replace all the OEM FSC codes for a specific NBT EVO HU that has lost its provisioning without going to a Dealer?
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2019, 11:42 PM   #34
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by IK6SPEED View Post
What is the most cost efficient way to replace all the OEM FSC codes for a specific NBT EVO HU that has lost its provisioning without going to a Dealer?
Provisioning of SIM is Telematic Function, and has nothing to do with any FSC Codes.

Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      10-30-2019, 11:43 PM   #35
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Provisioning of SIM is Telematic Function, and has nothing to do with any FSC Codes.
So if in ATM, nothing more is needed

Let me ask it another way....

Car's NBT EVO HU has gone out. One purchases a replacement unit and changes the VIN to match original VIN.

Car OEM has:

S609A Navigation System Professional
S610A HEADUP DISPLAY
S655A Radio Bavaria C Business
S688A HARMANKARDON SURROUND SOUND SYSTEM
S697A AreaCode 1 For DVD
S6ACA INTELLIGENTER NOTRUF
S6AEA TELESERVICES
S6AKA CONNECTEDDRIVE SERVICES
S6AMA REAL TIME TRAFFIC INFORMATION
S6APA REMOTE SERVICES
S645A BMW US Radio

The esim in the ATM contains the info to reactivate these features with no other intervention?

Last edited by IK6SPEED; 11-23-2019 at 01:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 08:59 AM   #36
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:

Car's NBT EVO HU has gone out. One purchases a replacement unit and changes the VIN to match original VIN.

Car OEM has:

S610A HEADUP DISPLAY
S697A AreaCode 1 For DVD
S6AEA TELESERVICES
S6APA REMOTE SERVICES
S6CPA APPLE CARPLAY VORBEREITUNG
S6NWA TELEFONIE MIT WIRELESS CHARGING
S6WDA WLAN HOTSPOT
S645A BMW US Radio

The esim in the ATM contains the info to reactivate these features with no other intervention?
For working Telematics, you should just need to reprovision car SIM via iDrive Update Services.

Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      10-31-2019, 03:48 PM   #37
IK6SPEED
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:

Car OEM has:

S610A HEADUP DISPLAY
S697A AreaCode 1 For DVD
S6AEA TELESERVICES
S6APA REMOTE SERVICES
S6CPA APPLE CARPLAY VORBEREITUNG
S6NWA TELEFONIE MIT WIRELESS CHARGING
S6WDA WLAN HOTSPOT
S645A BMW US Radio

For working Telematics, you should just need to reprovision car SIM via iDrive Update Services.
Can I do this or does BMW Dealer need to initiate?
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2019, 05:34 PM   #38
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Can I do this or does BMW Dealer need to initiate?
You do.

Depending on your vehicle’s Model Year and Make, navigate to “BMW Assist”, “ConnectedDrive” or “Apps” using your iDrive controller.

Under BMW Assist or ConnectedDrive:
- Open “Options” (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller).
- Click on “Update BMW Assist”.

Under Apps:
- Click on “All Apps”.
- Open “Options” (physical button surrounding your iDrive controller)
- Click on “Update apps and services”

Then allow time for car to receive Provisioning Signal.

Appreciate 1
IK6SPEED4486.00
      01-22-2020, 05:01 PM   #39
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Do you know if say 6CP was VO coded and then you updated the services on your idrive, would carplay show up in connected drive store for sale? ( Currently showing "not available for your vehicle")

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2020, 05:11 PM   #40
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Do you know if say 6CP was VO coded and then you updated the services on your idrive, would carplay show up in connected drive store for sale? ( Currently showing "not available for your vehicle")

Thanks
It won't have any affect on what appears in store.

Appreciate 1
xpro170.00
      03-09-2020, 04:40 PM   #41
maravy
Registered
Rep
Drives: 530D F10, F850GS

Hi all, can you please send me repcodes for F850GS? Z844196

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2020, 06:01 PM   #42
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by maravy View Post
Hi all, can you please send me repcodes for F850GS? Z844196

Thank you!
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2020, 02:14 AM   #43
xpro
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335XD

Shawn,

Could you please tell me how to enable CP to full screen?

I have older firmware and I will flash to the latest one.
Will this alone make it go full screen or is there an additional coding required to get it full screen?

Many Thanks Phil
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2020, 04:31 PM   #44
Naim A
Rep
Drives: F30

Quote:
PM sent.
Hello Shawn,
I have a friend of mine who's CIC died, he found used one and replaced it, he says everything works for him except navi.... (which makes sense after reading on this forum topic).

Can you assist please?
Appreciate 0