F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > 10.25" Android 10 HU discussion
GetBMWParts

06-19-2021, 03:41 AM   #3873
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: E63 645Ci

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by giurubino View Post
Hi everybody, I have an android screen 8'' buyed on HIfi Max website, with android 10 . Initially iDrive was working, but after some time he start to stop work randomly. Now I totally have NO SIGNAL into old OEM system.

Can someone help me to fix it?
thanks a lot
Check your wiring harness, something has loosen over time. I would start with the quadlock (big black connector on the back of your OEM headunit) as these are poor quality and sometimes just do not click the right way. Then move on to all the other connectors and verify that all of them are seated correctly.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 03:48 AM   #3874
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjam View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayosaba View Post
My question is, is there a way to force the phone to switch Bluetooth to the OEM BMW bluetooth system anytime a Call is in progress and then automatically switch back to the other one?
Factory Settings, Bluetooth option, select OEM, does that help?
That would force Bluetooth to always be set to OEM, which doesn't solve all his issues.

The only other way would be to go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone, set connection with OEM to only phone calls and Android connection to music stream. This is how I would do it on the Android phone, but iPhones are so much more restricted for no apparent reason and you cannot select that - unless something has changed.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 08:38 AM   #3875
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 E70

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayosaba View Post
I'm very sorry if this has been answered in here. I've attempted searching and I don't think anyone has asked this specific question, or if they have I didn't understand what I needed to do. So apologies in advance if already answered.

I have a 10.5" Android HU version 10 that I just installed about 2 months ago on my 2013 BMW 328i. So far everything is working great except 1 thing. I open up zlink and connect to my iphone and use apple carplay to play spotify. Everything works great as far as sound goes, until I attempt to make a phone call or I receive a phone call. As soon as it switches over to phone either way I get no audio until I go into my bluetooth and switch it over from whatever bluetooth it's connected to (I believe the android head unit) and select the BMW system. As soon as I select that it plays over the BMW speakers perfectly.

My question is, is there a way to force the phone to switch Bluetooth to the OEM BMW bluetooth system anytime a Call is in progress and then automatically switch back to the other one? If not, there has to be a work around or something I set up wrong. Just annoying having to fish my phone out of my pocket frantically anytime someone calls me to switch the bluetooth output to the correct one so I can actually hear them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedErik View Post
That would force Bluetooth to always be set to OEM, which doesn't solve all his issues.

The only other way would be to go to your Bluetooth settings on your phone, set connection with OEM to only phone calls and Android connection to music stream. This is how I would do it on the Android phone, but iPhones are so much more restricted for no apparent reason and you cannot select that - unless something has changed.
Yes, all that is correct, I would add one more work around. This should work with either iPhone and Android phone. Set BT in Factory to OEM, then forget about CarPlay and use Spotify (or any other streaming music app) and Navigation directly from Android HU.

PS Also sound quality in this set up supposed to be better than via CarPlay.
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 07:39 PM   #3876
RedBearing
Registered
Rep
Drives: Mercedes GLC

Way to a complete wipe?

Hi Folks, I made the very unfortunate decision to update my Benz NTG 5.0 dLS n600+ firmware to 2.8.6 from 2.5.8. At the same time I upgraded my MCU as well. After that there is no audio coming from the head unit (earlier it all worked fine). From all the troubleshooting it seems to me audio routing or audio driver inside the head unit maybe at fault because all else is working as it should. To try and wipe everything down to zero and start again, I have done downgrades (to 1.2.2 firmware) and upgrades (to 2.3.5) in both firmware and MCU (oldest to newest) but some settings remain the same and are remembered/persist through the updates. I also deleted the config file via ADB but still that did not change anything. I wish to wipe the headunit completely clean and start it as if no one has messed with anything. Is this possible? (else is there way to fix the audio)
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 08:29 PM   #3877
RedBearing
Registered
Rep

Anything sound related is broken

Actually in addition to previous post, something else weird is happening. The android sound level setting app hangs, or does not respond to touch. The native music player app is not able to play any MP3 or FLAC files, it says error playing this file skipping to next one. So anything sound or music related is refusing to work..! All else is working fine ... Is there a way to directly call/contact MEKEDE?
Appreciate 0
      06-19-2021, 11:37 PM   #3878
Mjam
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E87, i3, Taycan Cross Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedBearing View Post
I wish to wipe the headunit completely clean and start it as if no one has messed with anything. Is this possible?
Did you try a factory reset?
Android settings, System, Advanced, Reset options.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2021, 09:22 AM   #3879
RedBearing
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjam View Post
Did you try a factory reset?
Android settings, System, Advanced, Reset options.
Yes, I did resets where ever I could -in KSW, in profile, in android. Also did some troubleshooting today with some new findings:
1. Computer -> USB-DAC -> headphone : sound through headphone
2. Computer -> USB-DAC -> aux-box -> Car USB-AUX: sound through car speakers
3. Head unit recognizes USb drives through both head unit USB ports. FiiO USB-DAC light indicators also show able to connect via USB. USB host enabled. But no sound coming through USB-DAC (the exact setup used to work before I did the firmware 2.8.6 and dGS MCU update, and since then no more)
4. Installed sound restorer app by Snaggly today, checked sound levels of KSW and Android
5. NEW TODAY: Either with phone bluetooth playback or internal memory video playback, Head unit 3.5 mm out -> a small speaker or to aux-box -> car-aux ---------> broken sound output (audio dropping every few seconds, no pattern to drops though)
6. With internal video playback, broken sound (via 3.5 mm) only came from an MKV file (ski resort video) but no sound from an MP4 file (ant-man trailer) playback. Also the playback for both video files is at times choppy (but the audio dropouts are not aligned with video choppiness)
7. .FLAC or MP3 files on internal memory or usb disk are not playable using the native music app. gives an error that file can't be played skipping to next one.
8. The android sound setting (not KSW), takes a long time to open and volume sliders dont respond right away

All this tells at least to me that, the hardware is fine, the problem lies somewhere with firmware, codecs etc. Its almost as if there something at the core of media playback and sound output thats messed-up or unsynchronized.

Please, any thoughts how this can be fixed?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 12:01 AM   #3880
F20_M135i
Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: BMW F20 M140i Xdrive

I allow myself to think it's your MCU that's wrong, reflash the old one.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 07:12 AM   #3881
sarvex
Rep
Drives: BMW X5

Hello everybody!

Is there a way to hide the menu header at the top of the screen?
I think I have ever seen that it was possible with an ADB command ...

Thanks in advance...
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 07:35 AM   #3882
thecubasekid
thecubasekid
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E81 120D Msport F10 535 Msport

Hi Folks,

new forum and new droid HU user here! Hi everyone!

I just bought and installed an MSM 8917 Snap 425 HU running Android 10 in my wife's E81 120D (no idrive) and running ID7 in launcher.

Pretty pleased with it tbf considering how little i cost me and is a great upgrade to the car, but do have a couple of gripes. For some reason it will not list tomtom as an available app to link to as default nav app (Sygic and others show in the list to link to but not tomtom, even though tomtom works just fine). Do the steps suggested to update factory settings xml on the 625 also apply to the 425 so i can set tomotm to launch as default nav app?

My second gripe is the media app. I don't like it. I have Kodi installed for media and very happy with it, is there a way i can link to Kodi from the home page of the launcher instead of the inbuilt media app?

Thanks/

Last edited by thecubasekid; 06-21-2021 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: spelling correction
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 10:51 AM   #3883
EvntHrzn
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvex View Post
Hello everybody!

Is there a way to hide the menu header at the top of the screen?
I think I have ever seen that it was possible with an ADB command ...

Thanks in advance...
Have a look at this post I made on another thread. It quotes Kri's original post which has the commands. You can find the original post by searching. Keep in mind that all the commands listed require the precursor command "adb shell" even though the last two don't specifically mention that. Hope that helps.

https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...postcount=4013
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 05:11 PM   #3884
schooleydoo
Rep
Drives: 2012 320D Sport

Evening all. Save me from dismantling my dashboard please! Is the mic input a 3.5mm or 2.5mm jack?
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2021, 05:41 PM   #3885
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by schooleydoo View Post
Evening all. Save me from dismantling my dashboard please! Is the mic input a 3.5mm or 2.5mm jack?
If there is one at all, it will be 3.5mm.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 05:20 AM   #3886
RedErik
Colonel
Scotland
Rep

Garage List
2004 E63 645Ci  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecubasekid View Post
Hi Folks,

new forum and new droid HU user here! Hi everyone!

I just bought and installed an MSM 8917 Snap 425 HU running Android 10 in my wife's E81 120D (no idrive) and running ID7 in launcher.

Pretty pleased with it tbf considering how little i cost me and is a great upgrade to the car, but do have a couple of gripes. For some reason it will not list tomtom as an available app to link to as default nav app (Sygic and others show in the list to link to but not tomtom, even though tomtom works just fine). Do the steps suggested to update factory settings xml on the 625 also apply to the 425 so i can set tomotm to launch as default nav app?

My second gripe is the media app. I don't like it. I have Kodi installed for media and very happy with it, is there a way i can link to Kodi from the home page of the launcher instead of the inbuilt media app?

Thanks/
If the software on your unit is developed by KSW (if they do SD450 at all, which I'm not sure tbh), most likely there is a very similar method of injecting factory_config.xml with TonTom added.

You can try extracting existing factory config file (if it exists and is located in the same place as on SD625 units) buy following these instructions:
Code:
1. Create WiFi hotspot in a smartphone

2. Connect Head Unit & your laptop to WiFi hotspot.
You need to know headunit's IP  address (you can check it in the hotspot settings). You also need ADB on your laptop (you could use folder ADB from either rooting tool or overlay tool) 

3. Connect to IP & port of the headunit (default port is 5555):
adb connect xxx.xxx.xx.xx:port

4. Get the factory_config.xml:
adb pull /mnt/vendor/persist/OEM/factory_config.xml

5. Disconnect anything:
adb disconnect
As for the default music player and info displayed on the tile, there is no way of changing that. Default software provides less than 0 options for customisation.

Last edited by RedErik; 06-22-2021 at 05:36 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 09:50 AM   #3887
thecubasekid
thecubasekid
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E81 120D Msport F10 535 Msport

Thanks for the reply and advice!

will have a go at getting adb working. My unit was advertised as SD425, i did see the 450's advertised but didn't get one of those. i also asked the seller (Navifly) if they could send me the default factory config for my unit as i guessed if not identical, it likely would have an equivalent to the 625, Navifly have been fairly responsive to my questions although tbf i worked out my issues my self as they mostly didn't seem to grasp what i was asking, but at least they replied and tried to help. Remains to be seen if they will actually send me one...

i was sort of expecting to be on my own to some degree, as i got an OEM looking HU for my 330ci E46 about 4 years ago from Aliexpress and had to work it all out - that unit was pretty flaky initially however, after lots of work / flashing diff things and sorting the apps out turned out to be fantastic, allowing me to use Nova launcher, custom boot logo and steering controls working in all apps, not sure i will get so far with this one but we will see. was planning to get one for my F10 but am holding off now to see how good i can get this one in the wife's car going!

Last edited by thecubasekid; 06-22-2021 at 10:00 AM..
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 11:30 AM   #3888
30secs
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 330i

Hi guys, need some help. I just installed a front camera (dvr input) and the "F_CAM" app works. However, I didn't find any other app that will recognize the camera.

A. Are there other apps or configuration that can work with the dvr can other than "F_CAM" ? I tried many on the app store but none can connect to the camera.
B. If the answer to A is no, i use a different launcher but can't access the "F_CAM" app for summer reason. (maybe system shortcut?). How can I export/download the app to use in the new launcher?

Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 03:31 PM   #3889
Scauri1966
Italy
Rep
Drives: BMW X3 E83

I have a problem with my unit mounted on BMW X3 E83.
Turning off the engine the android unit turns off but after a few seconds it turns on again.
What's up?
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2021, 05:05 PM   #3890
Kri
Major
Austria
Rep
Drives: E87

I checked the update in comparison to 2.8.6, this version 2.9.4 is from 9th July 2021.

This Update is very buggy / beta like , so if your system is running fine, i don`t recommend to update to 2.9.4 !

However if you still want to Update it can be found here:
https://mega.nz/folder/kIB3CSZD#wnqmCQnF8i7VW1yIEvz66g

Code:
ro.build.display.id=Ksw-Q-Userdebug_OS_v2.9.4
ro.build.version.incremental=eng.zlx.20210609.115043
ro.system.build.date=Wed Jun  9 11:50:25 CST 2021
ro.system.build.fingerprint=qti/msm8953_64/msm8953_64:10/QKQ1.191008.001/zlx06091150:userdebug/test-keys
changelog:
  • Feature: four new GUI`s all work in progress, still not finished and dont work properly
  • Feature: added support for KSW Snapdragon 450 Baseband Chipset, (SDM450)
  • Update: new "Client" string: "CUSP_210407" , required for one GUI
  • Update: Wifi firmware update will be installed, this is not reverseable!
  • Change: Wifi manager code change to force 5 Ghz wifi as primary ?
  • Change: default Wifi thetering on ?
  • Change: Lexus GUI Background more colorful
  • Change: KswBT Pairing Dialog scaling changed
  • Update: two audiodrivers updated, changes as always unknown
  • BUG: Reported issues with Mercedes Benz DSP100

Kri
Appreciate 3
F20_M135i100.50
RedErik1025.00
serge858149.50
      06-23-2021, 02:48 AM   #3891
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs View Post
Hi guys, need some help. I just installed a front camera (dvr input) and the "F_CAM" app works. However, I didn't find any other app that will recognize the camera.

A. Are there other apps or configuration that can work with the dvr can other than "F_CAM" ? I tried many on the app store but none can connect to the camera.
B. If the answer to A is no, i use a different launcher but can't access the "F_CAM" app for summer reason. (maybe system shortcut?). How can I export/download the app to use in the new launcher?

Thank you!
You can try the DVR app that is available in ID6 UI, not sure about your launcher though.
Appreciate 0
      06-23-2021, 03:01 AM   #3892
serge858
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scauri1966 View Post
I have a problem with my unit mounted on BMW X3 E83.
Turning off the engine the android unit turns off but after a few seconds it turns on again.
What's up?
Perhaps there's an issue with CAN. I would double check quadlocks if they seated properly, then you may try to flash a different relevant MCU, change CAN settings in Factory (reboot is needed after the change is done).

If nothing helps then more likely it is a hardware issue inside android HU. Then you can try to reconnect 12V power to android from ACC fuse/wire as an option and see if that works.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 01:29 AM   #3893
30secs
Enlisted Member
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by serge858 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30secs View Post

Thank you!
You can try the DVR app that is available in ID6 UI, not sure about your launcher though.
can you elaborate? not sure what the id6 dvr app is. I'd prefer to use an Android app as I use the Android 10 os almost exclusively.

there should be an Android up for the dvr av(?) connection, or a way to create a shortcut to f_cam? that app works well for me but limited. any help with either options would be greatly appreciated.

and I use smart launcher which I recommend. very clean, main all icons on the side, accessible via controller wheel.
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2021, 01:34 AM   #3894
30secs
Enlisted Member
Rep

FYI, if you're thinking about getting an Android 10 hu and don't want to wait a month I recommend the Pemp 64/4gb. Great unit and can be had for $450 after $50 discount.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08VHVSHY1...PM5ZGPMBFPQ35E

Last edited by 30secs; 06-24-2021 at 03:40 PM..
Appreciate 0