F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > iDrive doesn't update album artwork when using Spotify via Bluetooth from iPhone
Studio RSR

05-15-2020, 09:47 AM   #1
ImmDanny
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Chevrolet Camaro

iDrive doesn't update album artwork when using Spotify via Bluetooth from iPhone

Just got a 2014 335i, I connected my phone via Bluetooth and it seems that the album artwork displayed on the iDrive stays on the first song that is played. The song timeline updates on each new song, but not the artwork. Not a huge dead but i like the look of it and the nav up at the same time, do I just need an update possibly?

I'm not sure which version of iDrive I even have, just got the car and learning all about it.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2020, 01:15 PM   #2
bkdore
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 435i GC

I'm not positive, but I think it's a spotify or iOS change that caused that issue. Mine used to work, but sometime in January it started doing the same thing for me.
Appreciate 0
      06-01-2020, 12:32 AM   #3
a404freedom
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 435i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmDanny View Post
Just got a 2014 335i, I connected my phone via Bluetooth and it seems that the album artwork displayed on the iDrive stays on the first song that is played. The song timeline updates on each new song, but not the artwork. Not a huge dead but i like the look of it and the nav up at the same time, do I just need an update possibly?

I'm not sure which version of iDrive I even have, just got the car and learning all about it.
I have the same problem. Switch out of iphone and into aux, out of aux and back into iPhone. I hateeee not seeing it on screen and its a daily thing for me
- Injen intake
- Active Autowerke intercooler
- Active Autowerke charge pipe
- AWE catback

*** I want more!!!***
Appreciate 0