F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance and TSBs: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / TSBs and Service Bulletin > Heated steering wheel fault finding help
proTUNING Freaks

01-02-2020, 05:56 AM   #1
Mr_Breaker
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW F30 330D

Heated steering wheel fault finding help

Hello guys and gals.

The heating function on my steering wheel stopped working the other day. When I press the button, no light comes on but I get a message on my dash that it has been activated.

Doing a little research, some fokes suggest it could be low batter problem, Ive checked mine and it's at 50% (12.1V) Just to make sure it's not the battery. When I start the car, I turn off the aircon, heated seats, radio etc. Then tried the steering wheel. But to no luck.

I've tried looking for the fuse but it's not listed on the manual, just pictures. The only pictures I can suggest is an icon of a steering wheel (48, 55 fuse) which I would of guessed is for the power steering? And heated seat icon (26, 64,65,141, 164 fuses)

Could it be one of these fuses blown? Or maybe the button itself seems the light doesnt come on. Or is it more likely the hearing element in the steering wheel??

Any advice or help is welcome. BMW 2012 F30 330D
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2020, 04:53 PM   #2
sxmarsha
Rep
Drives: BMW F30. E90, E46, E87

Hi Mr_Breaker,

I can try and help you with troubleshooting this, first can you let me know your technical ability?

I'll try to help the best I can baised on your ability.

Automotive Electronics | Coding | ECU | Automotive Paint Works | F30 | E46 | E91 | E87
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2020, 06:07 PM   #3
AlpineX
Captain
Rep
Drives: Diesel

I would charge your battery in a correct manner and see if problem persists. 12.1v is low. Are you still on your original battery? Consensus around here seems to be to expect a 4-5 year service life, or better under more ideal conditions.
Appreciate 0