F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Navigation, iDrive, Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Phone, Cameras, Electronics > Wireless charger
ARMA SPEED

10-21-2019, 08:02 AM   #23
dianebrat
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 orange x2 xDrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
Been using this one. Works well and looks like OEM. Admittedly expensive https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That's really pretty slick, I like it!
Appreciate 0
      10-23-2019, 11:51 AM   #24
innovaciones
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW F32 428i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSTryk View Post
Sounds like they be identical in terms of looks but maybe not the hardware inside the charger ? I mean there's only so many ways you can design something that's intended for one spot in the car ... mine has blue Standby light, green when charging and flashing green/red indicating if the phone is placed in a less than ideal way ...

I don't have any issues with neither warmth nor device not charging up to a full 100% ....

I'm guessing that's the difference between buying the cheaper ones off of eBay or AliExpress compared to ones where they have used more reliable components maybe ?
Do you have an iPhone too? the seller said Android phones should work fine, sadly I don't own an Android phone with wireless charging to test it.

The light difference could be a revision in hardware components, actually the orange light looks better for BMW cars because that is the default interior color light, so I want to think they only changed that, but maybe they messed up with something and now they released a faulty charger.
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2019, 11:46 PM   #25
DavidSTryk
Private First Class
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 320D F34 Gran Turismo

Quote:
Originally Posted by innovaciones View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidSTryk View Post
Sounds like they be identical in terms of looks but maybe not the hardware inside the charger ? I mean there's only so many ways you can design something that's intended for one spot in the car ... mine has blue Standby light, green when charging and flashing green/red indicating if the phone is placed in a less than ideal way ...

I don't have any issues with neither warmth nor device not charging up to a full 100% ....

I'm guessing that's the difference between buying the cheaper ones off of eBay or AliExpress compared to ones where they have used more reliable components maybe ?
Do you have an iPhone too? the seller said Android phones should work fine, sadly I don't own an Android phone with wireless charging to test it.

The light difference could be a revision in hardware components, actually the orange light looks better for BMW cars because that is the default interior color light, so I want to think they only changed that, but maybe they messed up with something and now they released a faulty charger.
I have an iPhone yes, but the charger is based on standard QI charging however it supports fast charging - so if your android is fast charge capable it works with fast charging too regardless of brand .. just needs to be QI supported ...
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2019, 04:23 AM   #26
Skiwil
Rep
Drives: BMW 420i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve67 View Post
Been using this one. Works well and looks like OEM. Admittedly expensive https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Hi I posted a link to this one earlier on in the thread as I like the look of it.

May I ask what phone you have? I have an iPhone 11 Prox Max, and want to ensure the phone would fit on the charger before outlaying £100.

Also can you still use the cup holders fine?
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 02:31 PM   #27
Aurelion
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i

Has anyone experienced a blinking blue light issue with these charger. It worked fine for a week but then all of a sudden it wouldnt charge and keep blinking.
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2020, 03:10 PM   #28
obert
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurelion View Post
Has anyone experienced a blinking blue light issue with these charger. It worked fine for a week but then all of a sudden it wouldnt charge and keep blinking.
Mine will do this but only when the phone is not correctly on the pad.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 08:41 PM   #29
Henriczech
Registered
Ireland
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 320d M-Sport

Has anyone tired to mount one of these chargers in the door card ?
I'm planning on installing a wireless charger there. I tend to leave my phone there 90% of the time since I tend to have a bottles in the cup holder getting to the phone can be awkward when it's in the tray behind it. Any knowledge would be useful.

I haven't actually taken off the door card yet, but I've seen some pictures with it removed.
I'm wonder where you could get power to the wireless charger from, could I splice into the power cable for the window motor ?
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2021, 09:36 PM   #30
eff32fl
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 440i M Sport THP MPPSK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henriczech View Post
Has anyone tired to mount one of these chargers in the door card ?
I'm planning on installing a wireless charger there. I tend to leave my phone there 90% of the time since I tend to have a bottles in the cup holder getting to the phone can be awkward when it's in the tray behind it. Any knowledge would be useful.

I haven't actually taken off the door card yet, but I've seen some pictures with it removed.
I'm wonder where you could get power to the wireless charger from, could I splice into the power cable for the window motor ?
You could tap into the cable that feeds power to the ambient light strip it's standard 12v. I believe you can use one of the Y cables for the radio trim cupholder tapping method to split the wire.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/LCI-LED-Lig...wAAOSw1UdcjGcu
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2021, 08:34 AM   #31
kristianl330e
Private
Denmark
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e

Garage List
2020 BMW 330e  [0.00]
2016 BMW 330e  [0.00]
Does it charge phone with covers on?