F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N55 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > N55 Turbo Outlet Charge Pipe - Install
proTUNING Freaks

04-06-2019, 05:06 PM   #1
Kaps335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Question N55 Turbo Outlet Charge Pipe - Install

I can't find any information or videos out there for the N55. I bought the VRSF charge pipe, intercooler, and turbo outlet charge pipe. Right now I am stuck at getting the outlet pipe off. Any tips?
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 05:39 PM   #2
crogers
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaps335i View Post
I can't find any information or videos out there for the N55. I bought the VRSF charge pipe, intercooler, and turbo outlet charge pipe. Right now I am stuck at getting the outlet pipe off. Any tips?
Have you removed the intercooler completely? I removed mine and with a little twisting and working it from on top of and below the car.
      04-06-2019, 06:56 PM   #3
Kaps335i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by crogers View Post
Quote:
Have you removed the intercooler completely? I removed mine and with a little twisting and working it from on top of and below the car.
Yeah, intercooler was removed. The c clip was a pain in the ass but eventually got it.
July 23rd - Dyno Tune
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2019, 06:58 PM   #4
crogers
Private
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 ZCP 6MT

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, intercooler was removed. The c clip was a pain in the ass but eventually got it.
Everything about that pipe is easier if you can have a friend help so you can work it from the to and the bottom at the same time.
      04-06-2019, 08:16 PM   #5
MineralF30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 09 E92 335i

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Everything about that pipe is easier if you can have a friend help so you can work it from the to and the bottom at the same time.
Definitely drop the intercooler, it is much easier that way. I put mine together and then fished it up to the turbo and then raised the IC back up and I had no problems. Make sure you include the O rings also
Appreciate 0