F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > N47 and N57 Turbodiesel Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 328d Various codes
GetBMWParts

03-20-2024, 04:05 PM   #1
dazzles
Rep
Drives: 2016 F32 328d

328d Various codes

Hi everyone, I have a 2016 328d.

Getting the following codes:

241200 - Monitoring fuel injection rate: Fuel injection rate too low compared to
lambda value and air mass
2C1E00 - Monitoring fuel injection rate: Fuel injection rate too low compared to
lambda value and air mass
2A6D00 - Smooth-running regulator, cylinder 4: Correction quantity outside
permitted range
24C000 - Injector cylinder 4, zero-quantity adaptation: Activation duration
correction too high

Any idea where to start troubleshooting?
Appreciate 0
      03-21-2024, 01:32 PM   #2
barf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: F30 330D

Injector no 4 is highly likely bad and i would start from there. You can view smooth running values with a proper diagnostic tool but probably no point.
Get all injectors flow tested in a bench if you want to be absolutely sure or i would just buy a new injector and code it at some point or get it coded. You can also probably find the injector for sale on ebay or your parts store from bosch itself. No need to buy straight from dealer if they charge a arm and a leg.
Find the correct code for the injector from realoem or bmwfans and do the replacement yourself if possible. Its relatively easy for N series engines because you do not need to remove intake manifold. You would need a new copper washer aswell that goes between injector and engine head.

Engine is probably running quite rough on idle.
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 11:34 AM   #3
dazzles
Rep

I think i narrowed it down to injector 4 being bad. I will purchase one, code it and circle back
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2024, 11:35 AM   #4
dazzles
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by barf View Post
Injector no 4 is highly likely bad and i would start from there. You can view smooth running values with a proper diagnostic tool but probably no point.
Get all injectors flow tested in a bench if you want to be absolutely sure or i would just buy a new injector and code it at some point or get it coded. You can also probably find the injector for sale on ebay or your parts store from bosch itself. No need to buy straight from dealer if they charge a arm and a leg.
Find the correct code for the injector from realoem or bmwfans and do the replacement yourself if possible. Its relatively easy for N series engines because you do not need to remove intake manifold. You would need a new copper washer aswell that goes between injector and engine head.

Engine is probably running quite rough on idle.
Replied prior to seeing this. I agree if it would be fuel pump or anything else related, it would have been more than 1 injector since it's commonrail.
As far as rough idle, it only lasts for 10 seconds, and it's not incredibly rough, just a few rpm spikes, but regardless - this is an injector on it's way out more than likely.

Thanks for your time

Edit: Realized you're from Estonia. Really cool people.

Last edited by dazzles; 03-22-2024 at 11:37 AM.. Reason: Estonians are awesome
Appreciate 0