F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > B58 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > 340i / 440i (B58) BMW M Performance Power and Sound Kit (MPPSK) Official Release
proTUNING Freaks

04-26-2021, 10:26 AM   #1233
AllaVodka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW B58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie_440i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimba_440i View Post
If anyone is looking to sell their mppsk setup! Please let me know. Thanks

Hello Bimba !

I have the software for mppsk for sale if you want that part.
I'm interested but unsure how one would go about selling the tune only...

Could you elaborate on this pls
Appreciate 0
      04-28-2021, 12:38 PM   #1234
TanzM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Anyone know how to clean the yellow stuff that builds up on the exhaust?

04-28-2021, 01:34 PM   #1235
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW F36

It's from the heat in the middle section... there was a product someone recommended, intended for motorcycle exhausts, but I never heard back whether it worked and to what extent.
Mine is also slowly getting yellowish...
      04-29-2021, 05:34 AM   #1236
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPPSK340 View Post
Anyone know how to clean the yellow stuff that builds up on the exhaust?
Look at this... that was the one I meant... looks promising, but no personal experience:

"NEVR DULL" could be another thing to try.
If you try either - PLEASE report here so that we all know what works and what doesn't.

Last edited by Skyhigh; 04-29-2021 at 05:42 AM..
Appreciate 1
TanzM4194.00
      05-05-2021, 01:18 PM   #1237
TanzM4
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyhigh View Post
Look at this... that was the one I meant... looks promising, but no personal experience:

"NEVR DULL" could be another thing to try.
If you try either - PLEASE report here so that we all know what works and what doesn't.
Thanks! I'll check it out and report back if I end up using it.
      05-11-2021, 01:49 AM   #1238
F30_Paul_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Whats the exhaust tip inlet size for MPPSK?
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2021, 08:36 PM   #1239
oksymoroni
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_Paul_ View Post
I think its 67mm
Appreciate 1
F30_Paul_116.00
      05-21-2021, 08:44 PM   #1240
F30_Paul_
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i xDrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by oksymoroni View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by F30_Paul_ View Post
I think its 67mm
Thanks
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 06:33 AM   #1241
z3n0mal4
Private
Romania
Rep
Drives: 440xi GC

Made the jump to MPPSK. Better late than never they say, ain't it?

I can feel a little increase in the lower revs, but that's not the main goal for it. Also did the sport display have it's numbers modified? I don't seem to recall exactly, but HP is still 400. Maybe torque has another value?

But the sound is awesome. Awesome. Makes me want to drive the car more, i'd go anywhere and do anything now as long as i get to do extra miles I like to play with the burbles, and i almost get the gunshots on high revs.

A little downside, i can hear some interior parts resonating now at different rpms cause of the loud exhaust. Nearly 4 years on not so good roads took it's tool.

Also got a diffuser that i painted glossy black to match the shadow line, looks great with the carbon tips.

Thinking on getting an Akrapovic DP and then either BM3/MDH and call it a day.

So +1 for the awesome MPPSK.

Thanks for all of you here that made me want it, couldn't be happier!
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2021, 06:39 AM   #1242
Th3Walrus
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC Alpine White/Sahkir

MPPSK340

Autosol Metal Polish if you can get it where you are.
Appreciate 1
TanzM4194.00
      06-09-2021, 06:45 AM   #1243
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by z3n0mal4 View Post
Made the jump to MPPSK. Better late than never they say, ain't it?

I can feel a little increase in the lower revs, but that's not the main goal for it. Also did the sport display have it's numbers modified? I don't seem to recall exactly, but HP is still 400. Maybe torque has another value?

Quote:
But the sound is awesome. Awesome. Makes me want to drive the car more, i'd go anywhere and do anything now as long as i get to do extra miles I like to play with the burbles, and i almost get the gunshots on high revs.
"Almost"!? They are very easily reproducible. They were very muted at a certain iStep version (when my MPPSK got installed). A later software update unleashed the beast for me

Quote:
Thinking on getting an Akrapovic DP and then either BM3/MDH and call it a day.

So +1 for the awesome MPPSK.

Thanks for all of you here that made me want it, couldn't be happier!
Consider sound/noise carefully before going the DP route.... Driving in Sport / Sport+ for a prolonged period can give you a headache in that setup.
      06-09-2021, 01:58 PM   #1244
z3n0mal4
Private
Romania
Rep

Skyhigh Thanks, yeah got 560 showing now.

Quote:
Consider sound/noise carefully before going the DP route.... Driving in Sport / Sport+ for a prolonged period can give you a headache in that setup.
I don't think I'll mind, is it that a big difference adding the DP with 300cell? I just did about 1200km in 2 days with MPPSK, only in sport and i don't mind one bit. I love it.

PS: pics
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
      06-09-2021, 03:53 PM   #1245
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

Yes, there is an appreciable difference in Sport, not so much in Comfort.
(I also have the Akrapovic DP (300 cell)) paired with the MPPSK.)
      06-10-2021, 10:59 AM   #1246
uunothere
Rep
Drives: 2018 440i

A question for those who bought the MPPSK and installed it after the vehicle purchase. Did your local dealer offer a discount on the parts purchase? Were they willing to let you buy from a third party, have someone else install the exhaust and then they do the reflash only?

I ask because some BMW parts outlets are offering the MPPSK for a significant discount over list and my local muffler shop's labor rates are quite a bit lower than the local BMW dealer, who is really only needed to do the refresh.

Thanks in advance for sharing what worked for you.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2021, 11:52 AM   #1247
Skyhigh
Brigadier General
Rep

To your questions:

Discount: every dealership has a slightly different price for the MPPSK. Whether we should call the lower ones "discounted"… I wouldn't say so. I simply chose one of the lower prices in my area.

Separate parts sourcing and installation: Wouldn't be a problem - you can buy the kit wherever you find it for the best price (as long as it is new!) and bring it to your dealership for installation. However consider the size of the package! It is enormous! Does not fit in the car!

Split installation of exhaust and software:
I personally think this is ridiculous. The exhaust is installed in 30min. What takes time (and costs in labour) is the software. So you would be saving peanuts…
In addition - no (respectable) dealership would want to give you a certificate or warranty for work not performed by them! It is just a principal thing. I went and registered the MPPSK in the vehicle approval (mandated in most of Europe) and I was specifically asked and they checked, whether the installer was an authorised BMW workshop. Otherwise they would not have accepted the paperwork without further testing to show compliance.

So my advice - find a dealership with an acceptable price and just have it all done there. Save yourself trouble instead of cents.
aardate193.50
      06-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #1248
CajunBMW
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i and X1, Chrysler Van

+1 on the above points. I added the mppsk in year 2 of ownership for my 2028 340. Definitely a great purchase. I bought through the dealer and had them install and code.
Appreciate 1
aardate193.50
      06-10-2021, 01:08 PM   #1249
z3n0mal4
Private
Romania
Rep

I, for one, asked 3 local BMW service centers for offers (one from Hungary, 2 from Romania where i live) and managed to get from the one in my town the best price, by giving me a 10% discount on the parts. I did leave the car there for 2 days since i wanted the diffuser painted, but that was it.
It did cost me roughly 3050eu for the MPPSK and 420eu diffuser, 160eu for the installation and 240eu for the paint. These were the best prices i could find in my area.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2021, 10:24 AM   #1250
MoeTE87
OHIO STATE
Rep
Drives: 2021 BMW M340i

Garage List
I did the whole trying to piece everything together from different sources and I even tried to get price matching and seeing what it would cost at other dealerships that were within a 2hr radius of me. But at the end of the day, it made most sense to just get it from my local dealership who offered me 10% off. My time is worth something too so I took that into consideration.

However, as soon as I was about to pull the trigger on a new one, a very gently used one popped up on the for sale section for fraction of the cost and so I jumped on that and took it to my buddies shop to get it installed..in less than 20mins the new exhaust was installed and sounding good. I also was able to track down someone who still had the tune envelop and did not open it...mind you..I was a little hesitant at first in dealing with someone over seas but he made the transaction perfect and showed me videos of him opening up the envelop and everything. I was able to print off what I needed and took it to my local BMW dealer and they were successfully able to get the tune installed.

I know that wasn't the most logical way of doing things but it worked for me and I saved over $1500.

But at the end of the day, just get it from your dealer and see if they can give you some % off. Your time is valuable and worth something too.

Enjoy the exhaust! I truly believe it's the best sounding exhaust for the 340i B58 out there..hands down!
      06-11-2021, 02:26 PM   #1251
Stlblues
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 340i Xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by geno_440i View Post
A question for those who bought the MPPSK and installed it after the vehicle purchase. Did your local dealer offer a discount on the parts purchase? Were they willing to let you buy from a third party, have someone else install the exhaust and then they do the reflash only?

I ask because some BMW parts outlets are offering the MPPSK for a significant discount over list and my local muffler shop's labor rates are quite a bit lower than the local BMW dealer, who is really only needed to do the refresh.

Thanks in advance for sharing what worked for you.
I would recommend calling the dealer you plan to use to make sure they will install it prior to purchasing anything. My reason for this suggestion is the dealers around here have adopted this "won't install customer parts" rule (even if it's new and a BMW part). It's a total scam. Better to know what you are dealing with beforehand.
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2021, 02:09 PM   #1252
aardate
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: X4MC

Installed the MPPSK less than 3 weeks ago, I'm going to try and not repeat the hundreds of opinions that came before me on this thread but my own impression is that this thing rocks and worth every single penny – note than I do have an Akrapovic Downpipe so my experience could be a little different than others.

I do understand why this isn’t a stock exhaust and only offered as an upgrade, its simply not for everyone. The genius of it is that its closed valves are perfect for normal cruising and does not get any unwanted attention. But when the flaps open and you are driving it like a Monkey, the bangs/pops/gunshots can get really loud and obnoxious. Once you get used to it and know how to control it, it’s the best thing ever, completely transforms the car and makes it a very special/emotional experience.

In the almost 1 year of ownership before getting the MPPSK, I’ve never had anyone pull next to me and ask me about my “setup” or what I “have there”. In less than 3 weeks, no less than 5 occasions where people have pulled next to me asking me if the car is tuned, or what I have under there, and couple of other times they just wanted to race. So this gets attention when the valves are open, this could be good or bad so just be aware of it.

There are negatives however, as others have pointed out. Things will vibrate more with this setup and causes rattles or existing rattles/squeaks to get amplified. I have a rattle/squeak coming from my center armrest and it turned out to be the wireless cradle/charging pad inside the arm rest. The noise got much worse after the MPPSK so I had to dismantle that wireless cradle and use padded tape and now its noise free, so if you are sensitive to these issues, the MPPSK would most likely make things worse.

Now, for those considering the MPPSK; shop around as others have indicated. Also make sure to weigh the cost savings verses convenience and piece of mind. This exhaust setup vibrates quite a bit and hits the resonance frequency when it gets hot so expect a little bit more vibration and more rubbing potential compared to factory setup. So if you cannot, for any reason, be able to readjust the exhaust yourself after installation then I would suggest that you stick with a local dealer so you can have them take a look.

I had to drive 2 hours out of my town to get the cheapest price but I’ve run into rubbing issues with the MPPSK and had to jack up the car and work on it on 3 separate occasions to get the issue resolved. Although I was super careful when testing the car, the rubbing issue only occurs when the car is fully warmed up (at least 30 minutes of driving) so I didn’t pick that up when test driving it post installation and only realized it when I was too late to turn back. Also I’ve visually inspected the car with the technicians when the exhaust was being installed and everything looked fine. But the clearances are super tight between the exhaust and the heat shields, the bolts supporting them and the bracket underneath. All of that make the likelihood of rubbing more possible even when the technicians are careful with installation and testing.

In Summary, I love the MPPSK and would urge others to get it while they still can as it is no longer in production as far as I know, and once sold out, they’re gone!

Hit me up if you have specific questions, I hope this helps!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
      07-18-2021, 03:48 PM   #1253
Hein Jockins
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2017 340, 08 E92 M3

I was running 89 AKI (US) gas in my car since I got my 340 mppsk 6 months ago, and I just started using 93 AKI recently.

I've noticed the mppsk driveby shooting sounds feel completely muted/dampened with a higher octane. Every post I've read here says both the engine and mppsk perform/sound better with higher octane fuel. So I'm wondering if my ECU has to get "used" to a new octane before the exhaust comes alive again?

Or perhaps I just bought a bad batch of gas regardless of its higher AKI rating?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2021, 06:54 AM   #1254
kush43
Private
Rep
Drives: f20

Hello i have 140i lci stock 340hp and i have mperformance exhaust and i would flash to b58 OEM MPPK map (360hp) on bootmod its safe i can do ?
And i can see 2 MPPK free map b58-F and b-58-G i suppose i need to use b58-F?
Appreciate 0