F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > pre-wired for paddle shifters? how to figure out?
Studio RSR

06-26-2017, 02:07 PM   #1
4lss
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2014 F30 335i xDrive M-Sport

pre-wired for paddle shifters? how to figure out?

BIMMERPOST
     Featured on BIMMERPOST.com
Hey all,

What would be the easiest way to figure out if my car is pre-wired for paddle shifters? Bought a 2014 with all the packages I wanted but lacking paddle shifters, which is a must.

Anyone selling M3 paddle shifters?

Thanks

SOLD - 2011 335i xDrive 6MT e90, JB4 ISO + ff wires, VRSF downpipe and chargepipe, BMS intake, BMS modified clutch valve, ST S1 coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 02:09 PM   #2
bimmer456
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4lss View Post
Hey all,

What would be the easiest way to figure out if my car is pre-wired for paddle shifters? Bought a 2014 with all the packages I wanted but lacking paddle shifters, which is a must.

Thanks
You need to get a steering wheel,with paddles and then code it transmission for SAT.
Appreciate 0
      06-26-2017, 06:52 PM   #3
tgmsocal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Hey all,

Thanks
Only way to know for sure is to take off the steering wheel and look at the connection to the steering cluster. Follow the instructions in the DIY here on the forum which explain the process and explain how to see what wire to look for. Pretty easy.

What I did was buy the wiring and connectors just in case I wasn't prewired. Cost is only around $10, and saves having to take things apart twice. I happened to be prewired, so just sold the wiring to someone here on the forum.

Good luck!

-tgm
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 06:51 AM   #4
4lss
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by tgmsocal View Post
Only way to know for sure is to take off the steering wheel and look at the connection to the steering cluster. Follow the instructions in the DIY here on the forum which explain the process and explain how to see what wire to look for. Pretty easy.

What I did was buy the wiring and connectors just in case I wasn't prewired. Cost is only around $10, and saves having to take things apart twice. I happened to be prewired, so just sold the wiring to someone here on the forum.

Good luck!

-tgm
Thanks for the info! Do you happen to have the P/N or link to the parts required?

SOLD - 2011 335i xDrive 6MT e90, JB4 ISO + ff wires, VRSF downpipe and chargepipe, BMS intake, BMS modified clutch valve, ST S1 coilovers.
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 06:54 AM   #5
tgmsocal
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M235i 6MT

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck!

-tgm
Thanks for the info! Do you happen to have the P/N or link to the parts required?
Easy to search for the thread, I'll attach the PDF to this too. Just google "F30 DIY paddle" or something similar, should take you right to it.

I did not create this PDF, so credit to it's author and to the one who wrote up the DIY on the forum (can't remember his handle off the top of my head).

-tgm
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DIY Paddle Shifters BMW F30 Rev. 3L.pdf (5.35 MB, 2275 views)
Appreciate 0
      06-27-2017, 08:38 AM   #6
4lss
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Easy to search for the thread, I'll attach the PDF to this too. Just google "F30 DIY paddle" or something similar, should take you right to it.

I did not create this PDF, so credit to it's author and to the one who wrote up the DIY on the forum (can't remember his handle off the top of my head).

-tgm
Dang! All I neeeded!

Thanks again.

Appreciate 0