F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Cosmetic and Lighting Modifications (exterior & interior) > New 318d F30 - Day 1 twin exhaust conversion, wireless fast charger & black grills
ARMA SPEED

08-18-2020, 02:40 AM   #1
matf30325d
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW F30 325d M-Sport

New 318d F30 - Day 1 twin exhaust conversion, wireless fast charger & black grills

Hi all,

I decided to take advantage of the decent trade in prices that seem to be around at the moment and after hankering over a white F30 for a few months pulled the trigger, traded in the Golf GTi I have had for the last three years and picked it up yesterday morning, 318d, FBMWSH, 50k.

I was really happy with everything when I did the deal except the single exhaust which just looks terrible, the chrome grills given everything else on the car is gloss black and I wanted a wireless fast charger which would hold the phone where I can see it, I got everything ordered so I could crack on as soon as I got the car yesterday.

Twin Exhaust

I was going to get the BMW M Sport conversion but with the diffuser adaptor it was coming out at over £300! Tracked down this really solid copy on Ebay for just £89 and then a full pristine twin exhaust diffuser also on eBay for £20 which had been removed from a 335d. Really easy to swap out... plenty of room to get a 3" angle grinder in once the under tray is off and took five minutes to cut the old exit pipe off and then clamp on the new one. Diffuser just clips off and new one back on. Longest part was removing the under tray lol! Looks 100% better and its a really solid fit.

Grills

Amazon, £50, really easy to swap out without any tools, just pushed my fingers through the left grill to release each clip in turn. Once the left grill is off put your hand through the hole and reach into the right hand side which makes removing that side even easier. There are a lot of people on Youtube making this look much harder work than it is lol.

Wireless Charger

I did a lot of searching as I wanted something that would not damage the trim and also support fast charging, this is a really good option. The sticky back holds really solid on the dash next to the cup holders with no need for glue or screws. It can be angled to face driver, comes with fast charger 12v plug, magnetic hold with stick on plates supplied for three separate phones and full wireless charging. Cable tucked into the trim and plugged into the 12v socket under the glove box.

Last edited by matf30325d; 08-18-2020 at 02:52 AM..
Appreciate 2
haagm58809.50