F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > Regional Forums > EUROPE (Continental) > BMWs imported form USA to Europe
Studio RSR

12-01-2023, 09:29 PM   #1
KelarK
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw e61

BMWs imported form USA to Europe

Hi You all!

Has anyone bought a bmw in Europe that was imported from USA. I'd just like to know, what are the main differences between USA cars and Europe cars?

Are some engine or body parts different or harder to replace if something were to happen?

Or why they are so much cheaper compared to Europes models?

I was specifically looking into 335i f30s, they are like 5k cheaper than their twin in Europe. Those prices were in Lithuania market.

I appreciate all the answers!
Appreciate 0
      12-05-2023, 06:59 AM   #2
Bas_Met_Wielen
Private
Netherlands
Rep
Drives: BMW 328i GT

Did you compare prices from US after importing to Estonia/Lithuania?
Normally the 'main issue' with pricing on European models is very high taxes compared to US (at least that is the case where I live, in the Netherlands).

Basically models are the same, except for some minor differences, that could be important though:

- US cars don't have back foglights function working. (And are missing the on/off button for this. This might be required by law in your country.)
- (Some) US models come with reflectors in the sides of the front bumper.
- US models might have bigger airbags and sometimes even bigger bumpers due to stricter laws. (I know for a fact that this was the case in the past but cannot get this confirmed by a source for modern vehicles.)
- I think suspension on US models are a bit softer.
- The speedometer (and related functions) might be in miles instead of Km/h

I am sure i'm still forgetting stuff but maybe some google search will help some more.
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2024, 02:11 PM   #3
Zveris
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 330xi F31

The main thing why it is cheaper is because it was crashed and fixed, you pay taxes for the auction price which is way less compared to a car in germany.

The differences between cars depend on a model for an engine n20 vs n26 and so on.
Fog light is already present but button isnt, you still have to change rear lights for led tailights because usa cars have red turn indicators, airbags are different but it doesnt really matter you can buy both types.

Cluster is in miles and nav has to updated for a region.

On a plus side you get a cheaper car with way less miles(wouldnt buy it with more than 50k as USA drivers normally wear and tear interiors more)

You just have to understand that the car was crashes or flooded.
Appreciate 0