F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > 2012-2019 BMW 3 and 4-Series Forums > General F30 Sedan / F32 Coupe / F36 Gran Coupe Forum > 435i Xdrive failure
Studio RSR

03-23-2024, 07:15 PM   #1
Yusko42
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2016 435i X drive

435i Xdrive failure

Hello. Having a issue with the front left CV axle in my 2016 435i Xdrive. I did hit a deer in the car body damage was minor but I did run the deer over with this tire. Not sure if that is causing this issue.

I was on a road trip and went over a railroad track which was the first time I heard a noise from the CV. We made it home and saw the boot was stretched. So I ordered a new CV installed in. Thought the issue was fixed. About 3 weeks later in failed again. I did learn that aftermarket was not the way to go with these. I bought an OEM shaft to replace it. Seemed to be doing good but it did have a slight vibration. While my wife was backing into the garage I heard a pop. I popped the hood and the boot was stretched again. CV had blown again. At this time I did notice that the one fender well has some rubbing on the inside and frame is exposed. I'm assuming maybe something is bent? Anyone else seen the issue? I later noticed while working on the car booth rear tires are wearing aggressively on the inside? Is this all connect? Any tips?
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2024, 07:51 AM   #2
Tommy D
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '17 BMW 440i GC, 2005 BMW 330i

Based on your description, Yes, something is probably bent and or out of alignment after hitting the deer. I know that based on the CV axle failing after two installs, and rubbing on the inner fender and the rear tires wearing uneven.
Take the car to a garage, get it on a lift, so they can access that the car is out of alignment and what other parts are bent or broken. You might also want them to check the wheel itself , aka out of round, on that side to see if the rim is also is bent.
You can probably contact your insurance company and report a claim on your comprehensive coverage to save on the repair bill.
Appreciate 1
_ObiJon200.00