F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Repeat Token
Extreme Powerhouse

12-31-2017, 08:35 PM   #23
Almaretto
Major General
Rep
Drives: Test Vehicles

Premium 2.x is no longer working for everyone. All tokens expired today. Best to write developer soon as it will take some time to respond to everyone to get Pro Launcher 3.x.
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 04:00 AM   #24
kriszty
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: B58 M240ix pureturbo800 dorch1

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
It doesn't work, says date manipulation detected
it does work, remember to put also your host offline and change date before install. better is to use a old laptop ( no internet connection )

good luck,

or better, just buy the pro version
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 07:37 AM   #25
deneyer
Second Lieutenant
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by kriszty View Post
it does work, remember to put also your host offline and change date before install. better is to use a old laptop ( no internet connection )

good luck,

or better, just buy the pro version
Nope, tried again but chose windows8 installed it on vm changed to 2016 turned of internetconnection on pc and installed everything.

Result repeat token pops up over and over again
Appreciate 0
      01-01-2018, 02:50 PM   #26
fortythirtyfive
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 435i MS

Quote:
Originally Posted by deneyer View Post
Nope, tried again but chose windows8 installed it on vm changed to 2016 turned of internetconnection on pc and installed everything.

Result repeat token pops up over and over again
That would be because the token is being altered by the launcher to:
<EST NotValidBefore="2017-12-31" NotValidAfter="2017-12-31">

Therefore the software isn't valid on any dates before the 31st, whilst also being not valid on any dates after the 31st.

Basically TM had all launchers dating back a good year (I've tried previous versions) bugged to expire yesterday. Whilst I get that it's his software to do what he wants; a little transparency wouldn't have gone a miss.

Personally I won't be upgrading to the 3.0 pro version for the reason above.. until he becomes more clear and honest in what he's allowing us to install, run and rely on I would advise the same unless you're desperately in need

01-02-2018, 08:10 AM   #27
FTM
Rep
Drives: Coded Black Saphire Metallic

Quote:
Originally Posted by producerlawson View Post
That would be because the token is being altered by the launcher to:
<EST NotValidBefore="2017-12-31" NotValidAfter="2017-12-31">

Therefore the software isn't valid on any dates before the 31st, whilst also being not valid on any dates after the 31st.

Basically TM had all launchers dating back a good year (I've tried previous versions) bugged to expire yesterday. Whilst I get that it's his software to do what he wants; a little transparency wouldn't have gone a miss.

Personally I won't be upgrading to the 3.0 pro version for the reason above.. until he becomes more clear and honest in what he's allowing us to install, run and rely on I would advise the same unless you're desperately in need

Tell me how I am not being honest again? The software can be remove by simply deleting it, no registry, no special service running in the background checking everything you do. No thread to ensure you have both the main exe and a friggin spying service running, no other crap.

Your analysis is way off. It simply means you generated the token on the same date as the hard expiration. How is there a year between two exactly the same dates? Date math is not that hard, bro.

If you're asking for honesty, it cuts both ways. Don't be caught in your own pool of lies.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 08:52 AM   #28
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 340ix 6MT

Releasing software in October that was time bombed for 12/31 with no prior announcement whatsoever is not honest.. a note "you won't be able to use this after 12/31 because I feel like being a dick" would have been nice. Really screwed up my day yesterday...
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 08:55 AM   #29
jgoens
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2013 335i msport

Quote:
Originally Posted by YuminNuman View Post
Releasing software in October that was time bombed for 12/31 with no prior announcement whatsoever is not honest.. a note "you won't be able to use this after 12/31 because I feel like being a dick" would have been nice. Really screwed up my day yesterday...
Why even have an expiration or one that affects people in the first place?
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:01 AM   #30
enemigo13
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F32 LCI 440xi citrineblack

so, you decided out of the blue on december 21st 2017 (your blog "E-Sys Launcher 2.0 - End of Life" 9 days before it stopped working) that you need some money from people who just want to code their own cars for non commercial purposes? ok, great it's your software and your choice, you do anything you like with it, but I would not trust anyone who make such spontaneous choices. What if I'll buy your launcher pro with lifetime license and one day you will decide that you need more? I'll have to pay extra just to keep it going, right? what's the price for your launcherpro?
there's alternative http://esysx.com/ and hope there will be more of them soon, thanks anyway

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTM View Post
Tell me how I am not being honest again? The software can be remove by simply deleting it, no registry, no special service running in the background checking everything you do. No thread to ensure you have both the main exe and a friggin spying service running, no other crap.

Your analysis is way off. It simply means you generated the token on the same date as the hard expiration. How is there a year between two exactly the same dates? Date math is not that hard, bro.

If you're asking for honesty, it cuts both ways. Don't be caught in your own pool of lies.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:04 AM   #31
FTM
Rep

Quote:
So, you didn't feel like dropping a note when you were benefiting from a free software, but you're up and arms when something doesn't go your way? Cool story, bro.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:09 AM   #32
enemigo13
Lieutenant
Rep

it's his software and he can do anything he likes with it. But yes, probably buying from this person it's not the best idea as one day he will decide that he needs more money for his sleepless nights and your software will just stop until you will refuel tokenmaster via paypal

as I understand here is warning that launcher premium will be no longer developed but not a word that all current versions will stop working :

http://tokenmaster.blogspot.lt/2017/...d-of-life.html

Quote:

Last edited by enemigo13; 01-02-2018 at 09:20 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:11 AM   #33
FTM
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemigo13 View Post
so, you decided out of the blue on december 21st 2017 (your blog "E-Sys Launcher 2.0 - End of Life" 9 days before it stopped working) that you need some money from people who just want to code their own cars for non commercial purposes? ok, great it's your software and your choice, you do anything you like with it, but I would not trust anyone who make such spontaneous choices. What if I'll buy your launcher pro with lifetime license and one day you will decide that you need more? I'll have to pay extra just to keep it going, right? what's the price for your launcherpro?
there's alternative F! Me Hard and hope there will be more of them soon, thanks anyway
Yes, money is my main motivation. I gained millions releasing free tools and the Launcher Premium.

And you think that's an alternative? You know what's funny? You paid for it, but you are still using my code.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:39 AM   #34
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by FTM View Post
So, you didn't feel like dropping a note when you were benefiting from a free software, but you're up and arms when something doesn't go your way? Cool story, bro.
Other free software I've used has never had undocumented surprise logic bombs in it. I would have happily paid _you_ .. or charity X .. to be able to do what I did. I owe you the thanks for getting my doors to unlock when I stopped the car.. SO ANNOYING. Thanks for making my life better. (and Shawn again as well, thank you Shawn).

So yeah, don't get me wrong, thanks for your work, I do appreciate it, I'm just not a fan of the stunt you pulled .. on the same community of respectful enthusiasts you supposedly are here to help.

I'd like to get the new version, but I don't want to bother deal with you directly in any capacity. There are dozens of posts out there of you just not replying to people's email requests. This reminds me clown AOL prog shit from 20 years ago...

Last edited by B58 parts; 01-02-2018 at 10:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 09:52 AM   #35
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
there's alternative http://esysx.com/ and hope there will be more of them soon, thanks anyway
That's not entirely true. Most use is individual, although there are many, many people who use his software commercially too...

And he needs no money. Launcher PRO is "Donationware", $50 USD or more as a primary form of payment for 2.5 years validity. You can donate to his preferred causes which is your local Children's Hospital or Breast Cancer institute or a different charity your of choice.

I don't get all the uproar about this. For the last 3.5 years (since Jul 2013) TM has provided a Free solution to all to code their car. In addition, when BMW AG tried to kill off all Coding by Trimming PSdZData files, he built and incorporated the CAFD / FAFP Mapping Database to keep coding alive. This solution was no simple development task either as evidenced by the limited alternatives. All of us who benefited, and that's tens of thousands of people, all owe him a debt of gratitude, not criticism.

For the first 5 years of F-Series Coding, before Launcher PREMIUM came along, we all paid $50 for a 12 month E-Sys token, year after year, and were happy to do it. So making a donation of $50 every 2.5 years to be able to code one's car is dirt cheap by comparison, and certainly more than reasonable, and the money goes to a good cause to boot. It's Win-Win as I see it.

Could this have been communicated earlier / better? Sure. Could obtaining Launcher 3.0 be easier and faster? Lets hope so. But, the reality is one can now get Launcher PRO with minimal effort, at minimal costs, and in probably less than a week's time. It's hardly a real world problem. And if one doesn't like that, they can go get E-SysX instead. But whatever one does, please spare the condemnation. TM deserves much better than that.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 7
Almaretto2374.00
stu14t450.50
Roch M4424.00
SimonB163.50
      01-02-2018, 10:11 AM   #36
Ibo24
New BMW owner
Belgium
Rep
Drives: BMW 316d, BMW F40 116d

Garage List
I couldn’t agree more.

If you go to a BMW dealer, they won’t code 6NS just for a good deed.
Be happy TM made it possible to be ABLE to code your own car.

I’m more than happy to donate 50$ to him and a good deed.
Thanks to his software I have been able to retrofit my own car with lots of options that were off by default.

Giving credit to TM wouldn’t be enough.
ShawnSheridan should be thanked to!! (and not 1-2-3 times, that guy is a f*** legend when it comes to providing help! )

So please, stop b****ng and send a mail to TM. Yes it does take a while, but know that you are not the only one.
Appreciate 1
Almaretto2374.00
      01-02-2018, 10:25 AM   #37
Wibbles
Coding ECU's remotely
Rep
Drives: M3LR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibo24 View Post
I couldn’t agree more.

If you go to a BMW dealer, they won’t code 6NS just for a good deed.
Be happy TM made it possible to be ABLE to code your own car.

I’m more than happy to donate 50$ to him and a good deed.
Thanks to his software I have been able to retrofit my own car with lots of options that were off by default.

Giving credit to TM wouldn’t be enough.
ShawnSheridan should be thanked to!! (and not 1-2-3 times, that guy is a f*** legend when it comes to providing help! )

So please, stop b****ng and send a mail to TM. Yes it does take a while, but know that you are not the only one.

Well said!
      01-02-2018, 12:17 PM   #38
enemigo13
Lieutenant
Rep

If anybody using esys 3.27.1 and 55 psdzdata is enough (year 2015) you can use esysplus 2.8 to launch esys, esysplus download link : https://mega.nz/#F!tc00gSIb!QSJatG3d3e4JVaDMt2aIhw

Enjoy and happy New Year.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 01:29 PM   #39
Billfitz
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 328iX GT

Quote:
as I understand here is warning that launcher premium will be no longer developed but not a word that all current versions will stop working :
http://tokenmaster.blogspot.lt/2017/...d-of-life.html
From what I'm reading there it seems that TM put out freeware, others used the coding in that freeware to produce their own for profit products, so TM understandably got pissed. Fine, take it out on the jerks that stole your IP, not on everyone.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 02:26 PM   #40
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billfitz View Post
From what I'm reading there it seems that TM put out freeware, others used the coding in that freeware to produce their own for profit products, so TM understandably got pissed. Fine, take it out on the jerks that stole your IP, not on everyone.
Come up with easy solution that prevents profiting off his IP and he would be more inclined. For now, it is using Pro Launcher.
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 02:52 PM   #41
B58 parts
Captain
United_States
Rep

"it is typical of EULAs to include terms which define the uses of the software" [1]

But I guess we can't get the lawyers involved here as this is already in a gray (dark gray.. black) area with BMW's license for esys (which we all should read if we have not already ...).

If you can't get the lawyers after them, there's really no way to give someone the bits and have any recourse after they expectedly rip them apart. A client / server model could work where the important 'don't steal me bits' are not distributed to everyone, but that costs $ to keep up and running and is fraught with other problems.

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Softwa...tware_licenses
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2018, 10:19 PM   #42
ChubbyWilly
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i

Quote:
If anybody using esys 3.27.1 and 55 psdzdata is enough (year 2015) you can use esysplus 2.8 to launch esys, esysplus download link : https://mega.nz/#F!tc00gSIb!QSJatG3d3e4JVaDMt2aIhw

Enjoy and happy New Year.
Do you happen to have a link for psdzdata? Also which version? 55.1, 55.2 or 55.3?
      01-02-2018, 10:49 PM   #43
Almaretto
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyWilly View Post
Do you happen to have a link for psdzdata? Also which version? 55.1, 55.2 or 55.3?
You need PSdZdata > vehicle I-Step.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2018, 12:04 AM   #44
Thirdy
Private
Rep
Drives: F48 Estroril Blue M-Sport

For the short time that I used esys, I am still thankful to TM for providing me the launcher and was able to code my 428i. I sold my E70 X5D last sept. and acquired an F32. I extensively used ncsexpert before on my previous E series cars and just started using esys lately. Although it was short lived I am still hopeful to be able to use esys again using his launcher pro. I already made my donation to a local charity and just waiting for my activation code from him. Anyway tax season is almost here and your donation will actually be tax deductible.

P.S. I just love that I was able to code bluetooth audio streaming
Appreciate 0