F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > Suspension | Chassis | Brakes > Koni SA and Eibach Pro Kit
proTUNING Freaks

06-26-2023, 03:03 PM   #1
f32ftw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435 xdrive

Koni SA and Eibach Pro Kit

I have a 2014 435 xdrive and I recently installed the Koni Special Active shocks with the Eibach Pro Kit. My old stock suspension had over 100,000 miles, they were leaking and needed to be replaced. I considered the KW street comfort kit but realized it would cost $1,000 more. I also considered the bilstein shocks but I read that they are stiffer which would negatively impact ride comfort so I decided against those. I wanted to reduce the tire to fender gap but I didn’t care about eliminating it completely because I live in a city with pothole filled streets and steep driveways.

Parts:
The Eibach Pro Kit I bought is the E10-20-031-18-22 and it was $280 from RCA garage. The Koni SA I bought has the manufacturer part numbers 8745 1378 for the front left/right and 8245 1319 for the rear. It was $780 from Bimmerworld. I also bought new top hats, washers, bolts and replaced any of the old rubber pads/spring perches/dust boots. I was told by bimmerworld that the shocks would not work with my car, but I contacted Koni and they reassured me that they would work if I used the shorter f82 bump stops, which is what I did.

First Impressions:
Handling has improved significantly. I am much more confident going into turns at speed. The floating feeling has all but disappeared now. I realized how important ride comfort was for me after I had these installed. I can go over dips on the highway now without feeling like I’m in free fall. I can still feel the bigger bumps in the road but the smaller bumps and imperfections are much less noticeable. The tire to fender gap is still there but not as noticeable as it was before.

I am running 18 inch ESR RF2 wheels with Michelin pilot sport AS3+
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Silence*244.50
cfm56d7b5886.00
      06-26-2023, 03:40 PM   #2
paimon.soror
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 F36 435x MSport

Garage List
oh man, im considering a similar setup. I have the ACS springs for my f36xdrive, but i have EDC suspension.
      06-26-2023, 05:38 PM   #3
Silence*
Eh?
Rep
Drives: 2015 435ix

Looks good, got a complete side shot? I have some Eibach's waiting to be installed, just debating on getting some Koni SA's and deleting EDC while I'm at it.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 02:56 PM   #4
f32ftw
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 435 xdrive

Here’s the side profile.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-08-2023, 05:54 PM   #5
johnung
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 335i x-Drive Auto

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post
I have a 2014 435 xdrive and I recently installed the Koni Special Active shocks with the Eibach Pro Kit. My old stock suspension had over 100,000 miles, they were leaking and needed to be replaced. I considered the KW street comfort kit but realized it would cost $1,000 more. I also considered the bilstein shocks but I read that they are stiffer which would negatively impact ride comfort so I decided against those. I wanted to reduce the tire to fender gap but I didn’t care about eliminating it completely because I live in a city with pothole filled streets and steep driveways.

Parts:
The Eibach Pro Kit I bought is the E10-20-031-18-22 and it was $280 from RCA garage. The Koni SA I bought has the manufacturer part numbers 8745 1378 for the front left/right and 8245 1319 for the rear. It was $780 from Bimmerworld. I also bought new top hats, washers, bolts and replaced any of the old rubber pads/spring perches/dust boots. I was told by bimmerworld that the shocks would not work with my car, but I contacted Koni and they reassured me that they would work if I used the shorter f82 bump stops, which is what I did.

First Impressions:
Handling has improved significantly. I am much more confident going into turns at speed. The floating feeling has all but disappeared now. I realized how important ride comfort was for me after I had these installed. I can go over dips on the highway now without feeling like I’m in free fall. I can still feel the bigger bumps in the road but the smaller bumps and imperfections are much less noticeable. The tire to fender gap is [...]
Congratulations! Glad that you had a great experience. I’ve been running the same setup and really like both the sportiness and comfort of the ride too.
Appreciate 2
cfm56d7b5886.00
      09-11-2023, 12:25 PM   #6
cfm56d7b
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 440i Gran Coupe & 2015 X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by f32ftw View Post

Parts:

First Impressions:
Handling has improved significantly. I am much more confident going into turns at speed. The floating feeling has all but disappeared now. I realized how important ride comfort was for me after I had these installed. I can go over dips on the highway now without feeling like I’m in free fall. I can still feel the bigger bumps in the road but the smaller bumps and imperfections are much less noticeable. The tire to fender gap is still there but not as noticeable as it was before.

I am running 18 inch ESR RF2 wheels with Michelin pilot sport AS3+
Nice to see a great outcome. Although KW Street Comfort coilovers were not selected, you selected the right 2nd choice.
Appreciate 1
johnung4528.00