F30POST
F30POST
2012-2015 BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum
BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts
BMW 3-Series and 4-Series Forum (F30 / F32) | F30POST > Technical Forums > F30 DIYs and Coding Discussions > Flashed NBT but got errors!
GetBMWParts

03-18-2022, 07:41 PM   #67
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 Alpina B6 650ix GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Catlin View Post
When I try this solution I get

--> WriteDataByIdentifierVIN
<-- Error: Please enter a Diagnostic Address and a Base Variant first. [G098]

Im pressing the start button
What ECU? NBT?

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 01:08 AM   #68
Gary Catlin
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2016

Blank screen

Hi

I have a blank screen after doing some basic coding where I successfully changed the radio band from japan to NZ. I then tried to change the country in the navigation form japan to NZ by changing some coding in the SALAPA.element and this seemed to work. I then changed some of the country settings in the navigation options in the HU_NBT2 CAFD file and the screen blanked after one of these changes. I could get the screen to work after undoing the changes and I tried different NAVI_VARIANTE settings until I could not reverse the screen blanking which is now permanent. I think this was when I chose the 'keine-navi' setting but Im not 100% sure.

After some fumbling around I now seem to have some corruption in the HU_NBT2 ECU because I get errors when I try and code FDL or code the CAFD or the HU_NBT2.

I have tried to insert the CAFD file but when I do so e-sys 3.30.1 returns an error when I try and do the last step which is the coding of the HU_NBT2 (see attachment)

I try and read the coding data of the HU_NBT2 and the description next to the ECU name returns some strange control characters.

I saw a similar fault description and solution in this thread that involved WriteDataByIdentifierVIN but when I click start then I am asked for diagnostic addresses etc.

My aim is to try and restore the screen to its original working condition. It looks to me like something has been corrupted in the HU_NBT2 settings.

Any assistance is appreciated.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 01:13 AM   #69
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I have a blank screen after doing some basic coding where I successfully changed the radio band from japan to NZ. I then tried to change the country in the navigation form japan to NZ by changing some coding in the SALAPA.element and this seemed to work. I then changed some of the country settings in the navigation options in the HU_NBT2 CAFD file and the screen blanked after one of these changes. I could get the screen to work after undoing the changes and I tried different NAVI_VARIANTE settings until I could not reverse the screen blanking which is now permanent. I think this was when I chose the 'keine-navi' setting but Im not 100% sure.

After some fumbling around I now seem to have some corruption in the HU_NBT2 ECU because I get errors when I try and code FDL or code the CAFD or the HU_NBT2.

I have tried to insert the CAFD file but when I do so e-sys 3.30.1 returns an error when I try and do the last step which is the coding of the HU_NBT2 (see attachment)

I try and read the coding data of the HU_NBT2 and the description next to the ECU name returns some strange control characters.
NBT2 is likely VO Code Locked. PM sent.

2018 F06 Alpina B6 650ix GC; Space Grey; Vermillion Red Nappa Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant
2017 F15 X5 xDrive50i MSport; Glacier Silver Metallic; Black Dakota Leather; Executive; B&O; Driving Assistant; RSE
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 04:36 AM   #70
Gary Catlin
Rep
Drives: BMW 330e 2016

VO LOCK

It worked - thank you!

Ill go through the process now of restoring the radio bands then applying the purchased navigation region changes!

Gary
Appreciate 0
      03-20-2022, 09:36 AM   #71
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
It worked - thank you!

Ill go through the process now of restoring the radio bands then applying the purchased navigation region changes!

Gary

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 01:49 PM   #72
SnapSuzun
Registered
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: F20

Quote:
Hi

I saw a similar fault description and solution in this thread that involved WriteDataByIdentifierVIN but when I click start then I am asked for diagnostic addresses etc.

My aim is to try and restore the screen to its original working condition. It looks to me like something has been corrupted in the HU_NBT2 settings.

Any assistance is appreciated.
I have the same problem.
I tried to change the region and now have a black screen and a missing CAFD file of the HU_NBT2.
Can anyone help me to fix this problem, please?

Last edited by SnapSuzun; 04-01-2022 at 03:39 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2022, 03:45 PM   #73
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnapSuzun View Post
I have the same problem.
I tried to change the region and now have a black screen and a missing CAFD file of the HU_NBT2.
Can anyone help me to fix this problem, please?
PM sent.

Appreciate 0
      06-13-2022, 01:46 PM   #74
Tichx
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F30 320D M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by xpro View Post
Yes, DIY!

100AMP continuous and max delivered 130Amp capable. Old Dell server . A lot more powerful then then whats available on the market for automotive use and not to mention a fraction of a price!

I've never seen a unit that runs as smooth. When tou set the voltage, no matter what the load is, the unit maintains it with easy.
Love the unit, you got any more information on the DIY? step by step instructions? I have loads of old servers lying around would love to try this.

Thanks,

Tich.
      07-14-2022, 09:49 PM   #75
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egobo View Post
Hello.

I'm french.

Please help me...
I tried to code a vo in my hu_nbt2, but I had a no signal screen...
And no cafd file...
After a long time my last decision was to select ''code the initial state into ECU'' ....
I change the Cid value to have the screen....but no option and not in full screen...

I tried to flash it, but job failed because wdbi_plain return negative réponse...

Now, I have no solution...

I have esys 2.28 and 3.30 and psdzdata full 63.3

Thanks in advance.
Is NBT2 Factory fitted or Retrofitted?

Does NBT2 have CAFD?

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 10:19 PM   #76
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thanks for your answer.
Nbt2 is factory, no cafd and always the finish error c207 if I try to flash...
Why are you flashing it? Inject CAFD and VO Code it.

Appreciate 0
      07-14-2022, 10:56 PM   #77
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Excuse me but it's 5:30 am at home...the sun is rising, and I tried all the night...I would like to sleep a little bit before my family wake-up...

Don't hesitate to answer me to a ''rendez-vous''...

Thanks in advance !
What do you mean "restore my HU_NBT2 id4 hw 2.3 with NBTevo_E16202A (or higher but only id4)"? Was this previously flashed from ID4 to ID5/6?

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 10:01 AM   #78
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No, I never flashed to id5 or 6, but given I know that my 2go nbt couldn't work with one of them and that the FSC for id4 are OK, i prefer to keep a id4...
Because I coded with the ''don't touch button'', I lost everything without 609 option ( and every else...), And I want to restore him.
Perhaps it wasn't the good terms, but I think you understand the idea...
Quote:
Perhaps it's a vo locked problem...but all solutions are done by MP... I can't solve by myself.
In first, I want to have my factory Evo, next I would like to add 654 option (dab).

Thanks in advance
Quote:
I'll try this proposition and I will see:
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh....php?t=1877973

I sent a question on this post , but Scottjjr wrote it 1 year ago, so...

My question is :
Did you changed all vo without region code, car AND all ECUs ?
Or only the vo for Evo ?

Thanks in advance if @shawnsheridan you can aswer about that .
I have never seen an ID4 EVO get VO Locked. I thought this was only an I5/6 issue.

You pressed the Code Default Values button. This is a factory default condition without regard to your car's actual FA. Often after using, ECU is not recoverable. The button should be named "Screw Me" instead.

It should be recoverable by Injecting CAFD and VO Coding ECU, and if that fails, then by flashing it. Both require original, unmodified FA. Is the FA you are using original?

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 12:15 PM   #79
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yes, these are the original FAs that I saved when I logged in to add 6NS 1 or 2 years ago.
"The ECU is not recoverable": you scare me...
However, my evo works with half screen and fm radio, without any options (bluetooth, usb, big screen, 360 camera, tailgate adjustment, head up adjustment... nothing).
I can code fdl in cafd, but cafd never appears when I read ECU, I always need "Detect CAF for SWE" to see a CAFD in ECU but with a little red cross on it, and code it after selecting an FDL I have on a folder to have the screen without "no signal".
Unfortunately I don't have my original cafd because I thought that only FA was enough...
I heard that we could recover the fdl from the log files ? Because in log folder I have some files sinces last year.

Someone solved his problem here :
https://f30.bimmerpost.com/forums/sh...1175450&page=2

but it doesn't work for me ...

Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Do I have to code all ECU and car with the original FA without the other option like 6ns ?
Or perhaps only kombi and evo ?
Where evo verify the VO/FA ? in car or another ECU ?

When my daugther will sleep , I'll return in my car...

Edit : I precise that in ISTA I seen dvd zone limit at 5, I think is the extrem limit, I don't know how reset it and return it at 0.
Should just be VO Code Head Unit and Kombi.

FA is just used when VO Coding.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 01:06 PM   #80
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Today i found this file.
they talking about "F31 3 Series touring
from 7/2015" the procedure need to work with "I Level 16-11-5xx to the current I Level" , but mine seems to be F20-15-1-505 (shipment).
I'm certainly concerned because my car is 2016, and i don't have the good level to fix it with the "official" solution...

I receved your MP to connect with TeamViewer.

I just need to download teamviewer and install on my computer with all software, create a wifi spot near to my car ...
Because i work with a specific computer specialy for my car... and he never goes on internet...

Certainly in aproximativly 3 hours...
You should be able to flash with latest I-Step.

Not sure what Component Protection has to do with this. It should not be triggered unless you chnaged VIN in NBT2.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 02:21 PM   #81
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
No just try to change VO , add 654 after changing the tuner FM/AM by a FM/AM/DAB...
But you're in true, I didn't toouch the VIN, and this service bulletin talk about VIN and not VO.

I go to try install teamviewer on my windows7.

My car is charging to have a maximum battery in buffer, in case of...

See you...
No adding 654. Inject CAFD and VO Code NBT2 using original unmodified FA.

Appreciate 0
      07-15-2022, 05:39 PM   #82
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hello.
I sent you a message with Id TeamViewer....
I don't know if you received it .
if you can't tonight, no problemo.

Thanks in advance.
I'm mobile for next several hours. Try and do as I last wrote above.
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 04:41 PM   #83
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hello and thank you Shawnsheridan.

With your help I solved my problem with V1.07 feature installer for w7.
It allowed me to regenerate the cafd and restore the factory configuration of the nbt after coding it.
Now I would like to reinstall 6ns and add 654 (dab), because I changed my fm card to an fm/dab card but... I'm afraid to relock the nbt...
Do you know if the nbt has been locked because it is limited in the number of vo changes?
Or another reason?

Please answer me directly (not in pm) otherwise no one will have the answer except me... it might help other people...

thank you in advance.

VO Changes are not limited. If it locks again, just rerun FI with same Code.

Appreciate 0
      07-19-2022, 05:04 PM   #84
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Thank's for your quick return.
I hear somewhere that : "on that device from the picture that had change of hardware (i.e. DAB radio card replaced with non DAB card) before it becomes usable again or even diagnosable, HWEL needs to be modified in factory adjust data to reflect the change"...me it's the oposite, i change fm by a fm/dab...
Could you say if it's true, and how can i do that ?
Tool32 , HuTool2.6 , E-sys ?

Thank in advance.

Ps: it's 00:00 here , and i have to wake up tomorow to work...and i can't stay all the night like the last time...I read you tomorow.
Thank's.
I have no idea what that means. Remove DAB Option Code from FA and VO Code Head Unit. HWEL is only a concern if flashing the head unit.

Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:16 PM   #85
Seyfo52
France
Rep
Drives: Bmw f20

Hello,

I am a French and I have a problem with my f20 LCI (2016).
My NBT was stolen and I have bought a second hand NBT EVO HU.

In first I installed the NBT in my car and the system worked well.
And in second, my screen become black but my radio / music work well.
I don’t understand, the NBT is locked because is not the same VIN with my car ?
I have buy a new display with the same bmw part no but I have always this black screen.

Someone would have any idea ?

I have e-sys 3.3x

Thank you for your help,
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:31 PM   #86
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyfo52 View Post
Hello,

I am a French and I have a problem with my f20 LCI (2016).
My NBT was stolen and I have bought a second hand NBT EVO HU.

In first I installed the NBT in my car and the system worked well.
And in second, my screen become black but my radio / music work well.
I don’t understand, the NBT is locked because is not the same VIN with my car ?
I have buy a new display with the same bmw part no but I have always this black screen.

Someone would have any idea ?

I have e-sys 3.3x

Thank you for your help,
NBT needs VIN Matching FSC codes loaded and Coding.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:36 PM   #87
Seyfo52
France
Rep
Drives: Bmw f20

Thanks for response,

How I can make to resolve my problem ?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2022, 08:42 PM   #88
shawnsheridan
General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyfo52 View Post
Thanks for response,

How I can make to resolve my problem ?

Thanks
I thought I just told you how. Load VIN Matching FSC Codes and Code NBT.
Appreciate 0